Please don't be judgmental...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamprats

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Alabama, USA
I was just wondering if there is anyone here like me. I was a smoker for 30 years and started vapeing about a year ago and am loving it. Only thing is, I'm still a smoker. I never got in to this as a replacement for cigarettes. Just another way to consume nicotine. Right now it's about 50/50, but I have cut back from 2 1/2 packs a day to a little less than one.
I'm not afraid to admit this and totally accept my addiction. I just sometimes fell like I don't belong in your world or in this forum. I can't seem to find anyone who still smokes like me. I know your out there, hiding, afraid of the ridicule you will get from all these clean lung vapers with there fancy ticking success banners. It's time to show yourselves and unite. Be
proud to be a Nicotine Sucking Dog!

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    I've been a vaper since 2009, but I have only stopped smoking cigs November 2015.

People smoke for different reasons. I was very heavily psychologically addicted to them. It took me years to quit completely.

I couldn't have done it without vaping. By having something similar in place to them sticks, I was able to break it.

Along the way I took myself down from smoking almost a pack a day down to two a day by the time I quit completely. Each step, each stick I didn't smoke were all wins.

It's a battle. If stopping the sticks is something you want, then vaping can absolutely help you. If you're cool with where you are and what you're doing, then that's cool too. You define your enjoyment of vaping, not the forum or community. That don't mean we're not here to help regardless :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    Take some of the smoking money and buy a top system Smok TFV4 and a 100 watt mod. I was a duel user way back when, bought my first good mod and forgot to smoke. After three days forgetting to smoke I decided just to quit. I never intending to quit smoking. I got into vaping to cut back. I smoked 42 years and a pack and a half a day. I am going on three years smoke free. Not even a drag. Good luck to you. CHEERS!

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I smoked for 4 years after I first started with cigalikes. If you ever do decide you want to quit it would probably be easier now that you've already got into the vaping habit. You could just up your nic level.

And you aren't alone here. Maybe Jman8 will drop by and say hello.

motordude

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2015
    VA, USA
    Life is too short, so don't worry about other people's opinions.
    Heck, I don't feel like I really belong here sometimes because I found my set up right away, I don't look for the latest and greatest and know there's no perfect vape. I also don't rebuild.
    Just live, love, and peace out my brother!

Big Me

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2014
    England
    I really wish I could make my own banner that would just say how proud I am to be a vaper and just count up how much money s spend on gear.
    One thing you don't want to do is calculate how much you've spent on vape gear - trust me! :lol:

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    Imo, if your not 100% dedicated and have your mind set on quitting you probably will continue to smoke.

I think everyone has a few smokes on a daily basis when first starting to vape .

When you find what works for you and you hone in on the nicotine percentage that wipes out cravings and satisfies the urge thats when continued smoking becomes much less common.

I think the mindset is critical though , it was for me . I just was not committed to quitting for a long time and waited till i was to start vaping .

Reactions: wheelie

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    If quitting smoking is not your intention, I see nothing wrong with it. I know of at least one vaper who is a self proclaimed moderate smoker, and intends to stay that way.

Vaping is not a smoking cessation device, this is not Smokers Anonymous, we don't hand out chips or take them back. We're here if you need us, or want to chat :)

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    If quitting smoking is not your intention, I see nothing wrong with it. I know of at least one vaper who is a self proclaimed moderate smoker, and intends to stay that way.

Vaping is not a smoking cessation device, this is not Smokers Anonymous, we don't hand out chips or take them back. We're here if you need us, or want to chat :)

Maybe not for others but to me that exactly what it is .

Reactions: MMW

sos2001

ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2014
    South Carolina
    I really wish I could make my own banner that would just say how proud I am to be a vaper and just count up how much money s spend on gear.

I have an app that has counted up what I've spent on gear.

To this day I have not, nor do I have an urge to take a look at it.:blush:

But I enjoy my hobby, so it really doesn't matter.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread