Please help a long-term vaper branch out -- Box mod recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
I've been vaping for close to 6 years now. I started with a 510 setup, which didn't last long due to frequent charging. Then I moved to 808s, got tired of cartos that tasted crappy on refilling. I found clearos and eGos and was set for a few years. I recently upgraded to a Nautilus tank and got a couple of Aspire batteries to go with ... Given the current uncertainty with the FDA - deeming and intended use - I'm looking to find a replaceable battery box mod and RTA setup. The Lemo looks good, but I can't narrow the available mods into a smallish field from which to chose.

I'm used to 1000+ mAh batteries and want something that doesn't require more than 1 battery change per day. I vape sporadically all day long using about 5 ml per day (but niquid consumption isn't a huge deal because I DIY.) I don't subohm, but I can't say I won't ever want to once I get situated with building my coils. I don't know much about temp control but can see how it could be useful. Non-proprietary batteries are a must, since the point here is to avoid issue if things get yanked from the market.

I can't think of any other factors that might be important ... a little help for the mod-noob would be greatly appreciated!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
There are a ton of options, and with Black Friday, you can probably get a decent box mod with an 18650 inside for under $50, easy. Sounds like 50 watts, and you'd be all set - even if you DO go and decide to try a 0.5 ohm coil in a subtank or something...

Here's a few, all with fans and all pretty good devices.
Evic Mini
iStick
Kangertech KBox or NeBox
Cloupor Mini
iPVD2

Most of them available to look at here or here

And I'd get a couple Samsung 25R or LG HG 2 batteries for it - they seem to me to have the best run time. The LG is 3000 mah...

I will point out though - since you're concerned with regulation. These are ALL chinese electronics, and not "lifetime" devices. For that, you gotta get something like a Provari Radius ($200) or go mechanical, like a Reo (nothing to break you can't just fix yourself).

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
If you plan to hover in the 1.8 ohm range and require durability, consider a dual serial full mech (e.g. El Diablo Lucifer) or a regulated dual serial device (e.g. Craving Vapor HexOhm). Dual serial full mechs are generally self-serviceable whereas box mods such as the HexOhm come with lifetime warranties. There are a number of dual serial full mechs available for under $100 (e.g. Wismec Noisy Cricket). Regulated dual serial devices with lifetime warranties (e.g. Scotts Mods RapGod) hover in the $150 and up range.

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Do intend to stay with the MTL type draw of the Nautilus, or do you want an airier draw. Do you want to keep running the 1.8ohm at the same 8watts or so I assume your getting with the 3.7volt 1100batteries? IF you want a tighter draw i would go Kayfun before Lemo. go toward the Lemo if you want a freer draw. In your case unless you don't like the Nautilus, I might stay with it and just get a sub 40watt regulated box.
BUT, if its the Government you are worried about.. I'd stay UNregulated and full mechanical. Easier to fix a mechanical mod than replace a regulated mod, when regulations kick in. Do a tube mech or box, your choice. If box, personally I'd go Bottom feeder. Reo clone is less than $30. But, I might consider something like the cherry bomber, design wise, hate the graffic. Because these 2x18650 parallel boxes are easy to convert to bottom feed.

Your 1.8ohms will run a couple days on a 18650 battery. Might get a week out of a parallel box. I get a day+ @ 1-1.3ohms, on my Kayfun/Tube Mech or Reo Clone/Chalice3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread