• Deleted by DreamWithin
  • Reason: response to deleted post

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I understand your frustration. The drive for profits has created a scenario where many of the very effective devices got relegated into "starter", "beginner" or "obsolete" status, and are getting discontinued. Manufacturers are constantly competing to the point of cannibalizing their own products to come out with another version seemingly month after month, leaving many happy vapers scrambling.

Most everything that is physically appropriate for a new vaper, or anyone looking for a cigarette-like experience, gets lambasted regularly and is called crappy by many. Unlike the earlier days in vaping, where not smoking was the point and celebrated, I have read recent posts putting down simpler vapers as "only vaping not to smoke" as if that was somehow a lesser vaper. It would be hard to begin vaping and enjoy it with so much pressure to upgrade, versus the support this community gave me when I started.

Almost everything I use is considered obsolete at this point, even though it works extremely well for me. Keep hunting down clearances and you can keep your vape stash in good shape for years to come.

I have to laugh, when I went to buy my joyetech ecabs, I was actually "talked out of it" by the online vendor (a big name) who was pretty much tellling me "i dont want that" and soon they wouldn't even be carrying the parts.

Even on the forums you are right, every day I see newbies that are being told on this and other forums to buy RDAs and 50watt devices. :shakes head:

I said a year ago that the starter devices are the bread and butter of the industry....they are shooting selves in foot.I don't want to carry around a big honkin mod etc. I just want something very small and discreet that I can vape with, because i LIKE it. And I don't need 50watts or menu systems or any of that other stuff!

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I just want something very small and discreet that I can vape with, because i LIKE it. And I don't need 50watts or menu systems or any of that other stuff!

Yep. Which is why I find myself using the iStick mini over anything else in my collection. All my other mods are sitting collecting dust. And there's a few of 'em.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Actually it looks like it is being replaced.
If it is all threaded like it seems to be in the video it might fix some of the problems I had with the eroll. They claim it is leak free.

2k mah, but that head will be expensive. Just keep the original and quit screwing with it.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
2k mah, but that head will be expensive. Just keep the original and quit screwing with it.

I was going to smash the original with a brick on video but instead gave it away publicly on the forum. I could not deal with two things I considered flaws and kept using KR808's. I don't care if the head will be expensive. I only care that it meets most of my hands free requirements one of them being not leaking in my pocket when I stick a bunch of them in there. I will not be carrying the case but instead 6 of them in a shirt pocket with a Provari in a pants pocket.

I will keep using Provari's and KR808's until something comes out that fixes what I see are the two big flaws of the eroll. When somethings does not have those two flaws I will use Provaries and what ever this new hands free device is. I hope the emini duo is the one that can solve the problem.

I don't care about the cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread