Please help lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablobar000

Jan 8, 2016
Scotland(uk)
Hi everyone hope youre all having a good day..i have been vapin 8 months and around 5 month sub vaping slowly moving on to rdas and rta problem i seem to have is the darn rtas lol i am stil a novice ive been using my freemax starre 0.25 kanthal for so long i need to learn to make coils i can do a fairly basic build usually around 0.3 with kanthal what ever awg is handy i can do ok with my rda (tugboat+clone,twisted mess and freakshow mini) get decent flav and clouds but when i build an rba deck i fet burned taste with in minutes even tho no sign of dry wick every time i can't seem to go above 30 watts even using a 0.15 coil??

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi everyone hope youre all having a good day..i have been vapin 8 months and around 5 month sub vaping slowly moving on to rdas and rta problem i seem to have is the darn rtas lol i am stil a novice ive been using my freemax starre 0.25 kanthal for so long i need to learn to make coils i can do a fairly basic build usually around 0.3 with kanthal what ever awg is handy i can do ok with my rda (tugboat+clone,twisted mess and freakshow mini) get decent flav and clouds but when i build an rba deck i fet burned taste with in minutes even tho no sign of dry wick every time i can't seem to go above 30 watts even using a 0.15 coil??

so no probs with the rda, but you get problems with the freemax star?

you're probably using high vg and its a more difficult issue for wicking.

wait? is there an rba deck for the freemax?

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate and against the rules

Pablobar000

Jan 8, 2016
Scotland(uk)
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleaning up / collateral damage.

Pablobar000

Jan 8, 2016
Scotland(uk)
Hi sorry i was typing in a rush yesterday 3 young kids tearing the house down around me lol..i have most of the well known sub tanks crown,freemax,cyclone,zephyrus,smok tfv4 so on and also have an aromamizer and a few rdas i just cannot seem to do the right build on a rba head for any of the tank but fine on an rda i always make sure the coils glow evenly before wicking and making sure cotton is not to tight or to loose plus enough to soak juice and not to much to block but after even 5 pulls i start to get a burning taste even though the cotton sometimes does not apear to be burned

Pablobar000

Jan 8, 2016
Scotland(uk)
I don't have any subohm clearos, but see our big Aromamizer thread in the RTA area for that. Built properly, it can run over 100W.
Hi..ok cool i will check it out thank you..i do get the feeling my juice is the biggest problem its very sweet no matter which rta i have used seems to get same result i am hoping its just my wicking as it can be fixed..cheers

Pablobar000

Jan 8, 2016
Scotland(uk)
If I read this correct you are running.3ohm from 30awg wire? That give a heat flux of 1400 at 10watts, forget 30. You should be getting dry hits at 5 watts. I suggest you try wire in the 24-26awg range for that low.
Hi buddy..no i think it was 26 awg wire i do have a roll of 30 awg i just felt it was to thick i will be honest i am trying to learn about different wire awg etc i am a chef by trade so this is all new to me lol other than the flavs lol

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Hi buddy..no i think it was 26 awg wire i do have a roll of 30 awg i just felt it was to thick i will be honest i am trying to learn about different wire awg etc i am a chef by trade so this is all new to me lol other than the flavs lol

OK.. You have a regulated mod right????? You are getting dry hits right? Then build a cooler coil.... Add some wraps, make the coil bigger.
You don't need ultra low builds with regulation to get a good vape. What you need is a heavier frying pan. You can always turn the heat up by adjusting the mod, ie stove.

Pablobar000

Jan 8, 2016
Scotland(uk)
OK.. You have a regulated mod right????? You are getting dry hits right? Then build a cooler coil.... Add some wraps, make the coil bigger.
You don't need ultra low builds with regulation to get a good vape. What you need is a heavier frying pan. You can always turn the heat up by adjusting the mod, ie stove.
Hey..yeah I have a sigelei 150 to mod plus cube2..okay cool I see what you mean I'm not looking for massive clouds but I do like a good cloud now and again sometimes I just feel need to turn the heat up but without worrying about burning my wicks..so do you think maybe aiming for 0.5 with 28th kanthal?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Not really i was thinking more like, what ever ohm 1 or 2 wraps of the wire you are getting the dry hits with. I need more info on the coil or coils you are using. So far I think you are using 26awg at .3 ohms, which would still be quite hot as a single coil. I would tend to suggest more ohms with same wire or thicker wire. .5 with 28awg would actually be a hotter coil than the 26 at .3ohms. Try the 26 at .5 or a bit more.

Pablobar000

Jan 8, 2016
Scotland(uk)
Not really i was thinking more like, what ever ohm 1 or 2 wraps of the wire you are getting the dry hits with. I need more info on the coil or coils you are using. So far I think you are using 26awg at .3 ohms, which would still be quite hot as a single coil. I would tend to suggest more ohms with same wire or thicker wire. .5 with 28awg would actually be a hotter coil than the 26 at .3ohms. Try the 26 at .5 or a bit more.
Ok cool i will give that a tey then and see how it goes..thank you for the help buddy its appreciated

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Look at the juice channels and compare them in size to the ones that work well. It takes a lot more juice feed to the wick for low resistance and high watts.

Some people use a Dremel tool to enlarge the chimney juice inlets for higher juice flow. The biggest issue may just be small cutouts in the chimney bottom that aren't feeding the wick fast enough.

Go slow with the tools. More is not necessarily better once you reach the right size. Enlarge a little and vape it for a while before going larger.

Pablobar000

Jan 8, 2016
Scotland(uk)
Look at the juice channels and compare them in size to the ones that work well. It takes a lot more juice feed to the wick for low resistance and high watts.

Some people use a Dremel tool to enlarge the chimney juice inlets for higher juice flow. The biggest issue may just be small cutouts in the chimney bottom that aren't feeding the wick fast enough.

Go slow with the tools. More is not necessarily better once you reach the right size. Enlarge a little and vape it for a while before going larger.
Thats great info thanks buddy i will give it a try

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
If i unstand what you're saying right thwn you are correct. 24g is thicker then 26g wire which is thicker then 28g and so on. I cant give exact pointers as i read a whole lot here (even before joining) and its just a learning curve to deal with different wires. I was thinking 24g was difficult and then i got out the 26 and it was springy as hell. Not what i was expecting to be honest even tho thats what i started with. Also the thicker the wire the lower the overall resistance will be.

Amd in my personal opinion, outside of fancier builds, if you can fit them in your rba, go for higher ohms on a regulated device. It'll decrease the amp draw from the battery and depending on the gauge of wire and everything it'll increase the surface area of the coil. It'll take a little trial and error but you should be able to get it dialed into what you like.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
If i unstand what you're saying right thwn you are correct. 24g is thicker then 26g wire which is thicker then 28g and so on. I cant give exact pointers as i read a whole lot here (even before joining) and its just a learning curve to deal with different wires. I was thinking 24g was difficult and then i got out the 26 and it was springy as hell. Not what i was expecting to be honest even tho thats what i started with. Also the thicker the wire the lower the overall resistance will be.

And in my personal opinion, outside of fancier builds, if you can fit them in your rba, go for higher ohms on a regulated device. It'll decrease the amp draw from the battery and depending on the gauge of wire and everything it'll increase the surface area of the coil. It'll take a little trial and error but you should be able to get it dialed into what you like.
Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

All good advise. Sorry to nitpick on one detail, a lower resistance coil will increase the amp draw internally to the mod/chipset, but has no effect on the amount of current being drawn from the battery. Model it in steam-engine to see for yourself.

Reactions: cj081283

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
All good advise. Sorry to nitpick on one detail, a lower resistance coil will increase the amp draw internally to the mod/chipset, but has no effect on the amount of current being drawn from the battery. Model it in steam-engine to see for yourself.
Oh yeah my bad. Yeah I meant to increase the resistance to decrease the amp draw. Not the other way around. That's why I suggested building higher on regulated

Edit: it's about 4 in the morning for me so I'm slightly out of it but yeah thankfully someone was there to correct me.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread