Please help me decide. TFV4, TFV8, TFV12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
What would you recommend? I have heard great things on all these but I am not really sure which one is best to pick up. My main concerns are flavor and atomizer life. They all seem fairly priced but I am not sure which one would really be best for those specific things. I have read reviews but I haven't seen a direct comparison of all 3.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
What would you recommend? I have heard great things on all these but I am not really sure which one is best to pick up. My main concerns are flavor and atomizer life. They all seem fairly priced but I am not sure which one would really be best for those specific things. I have read reviews but I haven't seen a direct comparison of all 3.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.
After owning them all. Personally the TFV8 with the Q4 coil. The TFV12 with the X4 uses a little more liquid but does have more airflow. Hth

Sent from tomorrow

Reactions: cloudbusting

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
After owning them all. Personally the TFV8 with the Q4 coil. The TFV12 with the X4 uses a little more liquid but does have more airflow. Hth

Sent from tomorrow

The Baby Beast applies to the Q4 as well right? It turns out my buddy had an extra baby beast he said I could have so I will be getting that soon. As for the TFV12 I may consider picking that up soon as well for home as a 12 Headed core sounds insane.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
The BB coil will be smaller but you will get flavor. I thought the V12 coil had no flavor, chucked it after 5 minutes.

Sent from tomorrow

Ah really? That's disappointing. Thanks for that heads up.

The best tanks I can recommend are the OBS engines and the Mello 300 by eleaf. The OBS engine both the rda and the other give fantastic flavour and are truly leak proof.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'll look for those, I've never heard of them. Thanks for the advice, may have to extend my list. haha.
Edit: Upon looking the Mello 300 looks awesome so i may consider that, but the OBS seems to be rebuildable only? If so thats out of the question right now for me. I've never done that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acer50

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
If your friend is giving you a Baby Beast, why not buy a Big Baby Beast as the coils are the same?

TFV8 Cloud Beast and TFV12 both use different coils so at least the BB and BBB share the same ones.

I have all of them except the TFV4 and the BBB is my favorite.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
The Obs is totally leakproof and a much better design. OBS definitely is my preferred tank . However I mostly vape the rebuildable version as I object to paying for factory coils. I roll my own. Its easy heaps of youtube movies how to do it. Takes a bit of practice true. I do it at night watching tv now.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
The Obs is totally leakproof and a much better design. OBS definitely is my preferred tank . However I mostly vape the rebuildable version as I object to paying for factory coils. I roll my own. Its easy heaps of youtube movies how to do it. Takes a bit of practice true. I do it at night watching tv now.

I've been considering rebuilding cause I have seen prices on the stuff and it beats factory price. I just dont know where to start with all the stuff you need.

Op do you buy or make your own juice? The bigger TFV's will go threw a lot more juice;)

I buy juice. DIY is something I understand even less than rebuilding. Lol

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
The BB coil will be smaller but you will get flavor. I thought the V12 coil had no flavor, chucked it after 5 minutes.

Sent from tomorrow

I agree. A classmate wanted me to try their mod when they saw me using my own. I tried it and was not impressed in the least bit. I thought something with 12 coils in in the tank could outperform my simple wrapped dual coils lol.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
I agree. A classmate wanted me to try their mod when they saw me using my own. I tried it and was not impressed in the least bit. I thought something with 12 coils in in the tank could outperform my simple wrapped dual coils lol.

Really thought it would be better than that. :/

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
If your friend is giving you a Baby Beast, why not buy a Big Baby Beast as the coils are the same?

TFV8 Cloud Beast and TFV12 both use different coils so at least the BB and BBB share the same ones.

I have all of them except the TFV4 and the BBB is my favorite.

Going off of this statement from earlier, coupled with that fact that the BB seems to be the best of the bunch at flavor, I may end up getting the BBB just so I am not buying different atomizers. This way I can have two similar tanks for atomizers while being able to hold different flavors.

Reactions: BreSha6869

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Going off of this statement from earlier, coupled with that fact that the BB seems to be the best of the bunch at flavor, I may end up getting the BBB just so I am not buying different atomizers. This way I can have two similar tanks for atomizers while being able to hold different flavors.
If you are going to buy premade juice vs DIA, use the X4 coils and avoid the T8. Juice consumption is incredibly bad with the 8 coil head and the 6 isn't much better. About 2x the two different 4 coil heads and that is only running the T8 @ 60w and the X4 @ 45w.

I can blow thru 20-30ml a day with the T8 and only use 5-10ml with the X4. HUGE difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread