Please help me decide. TFV4, TFV8, TFV12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
If you are going to buy premade juice vs DIA, use the X4 coils and avoid the T8. juice consumption is incredibly bad with the 8 coil head and the 6 isn't much better. About 2x the two different 4 coil heads and that is only running the T8 @ 60w and the X4 @ 45w.

I can blow thru 20-30ml a day with the T8 and only use 5-10ml with the X4. HUGE difference.

Whoa!
I make my own liquid, I use RBAs and make my own coils. Making liquid is pretty easy, software gives you the amount of liquids to add for the correct PG, VG and nicotine, then you add the right amount of flavor. There is a bit more to coil making. Take it slow and learn as you go, it's become a hobby for me.

Is there any place you would recommend for DIY stuff? As well as a software. It sounds like it can be a cheaper and more enjoyable alternative to consistently buying.

Reactions: 90VG

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
My favorite place for liquid supplies is RTS Vapes, PG, VG and nicotine and they also have the concentrated flavor. You also need bottles, and syringes. The software is ejuice Me Up, I forget about the Flavor section and just deal with the PG, VG and nicotine, PG is thinner and said to carry flavor, VG is thicker and said to produce vapor, nicotine is diluted in either PG or VG and you put those numbers into the calculator, I like higher number nicotine 36 or 60 mgs.
The resulting liquid is a base you would put in a bottle and add flavoring to. I generally make 250 ml, about a cup of liquid in a larger bottle and put this base into a 50 ml or 30 ml bottle, 15 ml bottles are for trials. Flavoring is measured in drops and can range from 4 to 12 drops per ml of base. Play with the software to get a feel for what it's doing.

Reactions: Aus11

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
My favorite place for liquid supplies is RTS Vapes, PG, VG and nicotine and they also have the concentrated flavor. You also need bottles, and syringes. The software is ejuice Me Up, I forget about the Flavor section and just deal with the PG, VG and nicotine, PG is thinner and said to carry flavor, VG is thicker and said to produce vapor, nicotine is diluted in either PG or VG and you put those numbers into the calculator, I like higher number nicotine 36 or 60 mgs.
The resulting liquid is a base you would put in a bottle and add flavoring to. I generally make 250 ml, about a cup of liquid in a larger bottle and put this base into a 50 ml or 30 ml bottle, 15 ml bottles are for trials. Flavoring is measured in drops and can range from 4 to 12 drops per ml of base. Play with the software to get a feel for what it's doing.

Thank you so much, luckily (or not?) I do not use nicotine anymore as it raises my blood sugar. Ive bookmarked RTS and noted the software so I can try this out later. Hopefully it works out.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I'd thought of not using nicotine but at 3 mg I didn't bother. I just made a cup of liquid and next is to put it in bottles and add flavor. Fairly simple and quick once you got used to it. I just learned that some flavors take time so the liquid develops the flavor and if you try it right away there is nothing but some are good right away.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
I have the TFV4, lots of them. I use the RBA section and it just leaks. Not always, but it's quite annoying. Right now I have a perfect coil/wick setup at 0.55 ohms, no leaking. But when I change the cotton, it'll probably leak. The fill holes are too small also (for me), you'd need a unicorn bottle.

I use it with the RC1 (clapton) RBA base. I don't install claptons, I just like how it's narrower, and lets more juice in the tank.

As far as DIY goes, if you make your own juice, and make your own coils, you can go really cheap. I'm at about $0.40 a day now. I'll spend $100 on stuff, and that will last over 6 months. No vapes shops to visit, no driving around.

I heard the TFV12 has an RBA section and larger fill holes. I'll pick up one of those some day when I get in the mood.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
I have the TFV4, lots of them. I use the RBA section and it just leaks. Not always, but it's quite annoying. Right now I have a perfect coil/wick setup at 0.55 ohms, no leaking. But when I change the cotton, it'll probably leak. The fill holes are too small also (for me), you'd need a unicorn bottle.

I use it with the RC1 (clapton) RBA base. I don't install claptons, I just like how it's narrower, and lets more juice in the tank.

As far as DIY goes, if you make your own juice, and make your own coils, you can go really cheap. I'm at about $0.40 a day now. I'll spend $100 on stuff, and that will last over 6 months. No vapes shops to visit, no driving around.

I heard the TFV12 has an RBA section and larger fill holes. I'll pick up one of those some day when I get in the mood.

After looking into DIY yesterday and reading up on it me and a friend figured it would be something good to try out to save money so we ended up each ordering half the stuff we needed and we are going to give that a try. lol

My local store ended up selling the TFV4 kit at a high discount so I grabbed just one as it was pretty cheap. No leaking problems but the dual clapton coil has almost a literal absence of flavor. I cant get any out of it. I don't know if the sextuple would be better for taste on that thing. No burnt taste, just nothing really at all, and i have tried 2 new juices. Nothing

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I had a RBA that had a leak problem a quick look and it looked like the flow holes didn't have enough cotton in them. I'm going very light on the cotton for wicking the coils to reduce popping noise but I did need more cotton to fill the inlet holes.
I had no flavor from a Kanger tank when I first started vaping, their RBA for the tank was no good either. I ended up using the Kanger with a Vaperesso tank and was finally able to get some flavor.
I'm spending to much and need to cut back on buying again. Pretty much have everything I need, the Smok tanks do great on flavor and vape. 43 dollars for e liquid supplies, about 6 cups of liquid, and that should last me a year.

Reactions: Tonee N

theclaw20

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2017
I've been considering rebuilding cause I have seen prices on the stuff and it beats factory price. I just dont know where to start with all the stuff you need.

I buy juice. DIY is something I understand even less than rebuilding. Lol
If you don't focus too much on brand loyalty and stack promos/sales/couponcodes, ejuice is super cheap. I virtually never pay more than 10c/ml. I've paid as little as 5c/ml.

[Edited : Affiliate codes are not permitted here]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
If you don't focus too much on brand loyalty and stack promos/sales/couponcodes, ejuice is super cheap. I virtually never pay more than 10c/ml. I've paid as little as 5c/ml.

Wow thanks, That's a good deal I'm gonna take advantage of. That will stock me up for a while.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
I routinely pay less than 2 cents/ml. Vendor is not registered here, so I can't link. PM if you want info.

E-LIQUID BASE 1 LITER
LB32OZ-Plstc-Mix55-None $9.15
Ordered: 5
$45.75

E-LIQUID NICOTINE 1 LITER
1). 100 mg/ml (10%)
LN32OZ $37.99
Ordered: 1
$37.99

E-JUICE FLAVOR CONCENTRATE 8 OZ
8oz Plastic Bottle Ginger
LFC8OZ-Plstc-Ginger $19.49
Ordered: 1

$19.49

Subtotal $103.23
Shipping & Handling $13.11
Grand Total $116.3

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL

Code wont work, says required amount is invalid. I can only get it to 59.95 or higher than 60 using the express lines and it wont work either way. if the total needs to land exactly at 60 im at a loss for what to do.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I check prices and look at the variety, important for me is delivery time it has to be reasonable, I'd rather keep the same websites. I spent $43 for my last order and I'm paying 2.9 cents per ml, 6 cups a years supply, that does not include nicotine or flavoring.
I've been trying to work with a machine made to put the outer layer of wire on a Clapton wire, it is a electric motor with a variable speed motor that can turn very slow. It is called a Daedalus and is shown on you tube.

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
I've been considering rebuilding cause I have seen prices on the stuff and it beats factory price. I just dont know where to start with all the stuff you need.

I buy juice. DIY is something I understand even less than rebuilding. Lol
personally i like the tfv12 triple coil rba more than any of the coils also i have experieced leaking with the the prebuilt coils and once you get the hang of wicking the rba 0% chance of leaking i assure you

theclaw20

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2017
Code wont work, says required amount is invalid. I can only get it to 59.95 or higher than 60 using the express lines and it wont work either way. if the total needs to land exactly at 60 im at a loss for what to do.
Any amount under 60 it'll work. So you can't stack it with free shipping unfortunately

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
Personally my favourite is the tfv4 so think you made a good choice :)
I don't sub ohm anymore but this used to be my main tank.
I've not tried the melo 3 yet but it did come with my pico

I dont dislike my TFV4 but im getting a fraction of the flavor compared to my Crown II. Im using prebuilts and im using the dual clapton one. I dont know if thats just how that head is?

Reactions: Skold

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got 12 inches of 2 28 gauge wires with a 32 gauge Clapton outer winding after many tries, 12 inches is about 2.1 ohms, maybe it'll work. Problems with to much friction so I used rollers made from 3 sections of tubing, next is putting wheels on it. Also problems with the spools of wire that get stuck when unwinding, hopefully that will end.
The coils will be going on the TFV8 BBB, my favorite tank.

Reactions: Skold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread