Please help me find a new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorwho1138

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2014
Atlanta
Hi i am starting to prepare for the upcoming vapocalypse. I am currently using a Provari P3 and have been using one for the better part of 2 years without any issues. I am looking for a new mod that is as durable as the provari. I have used innokin, sigelei, and smok vapes and found them all to be cheaply made and not durable at all with all them dying within a few months of purchase. Which originally lead me to the provari. I have thought about getting a radius mod but I kinda would like to try something different. My vaping style is 16 to 18 watts with 0.9 to 1.2 ohm coil. I don't like to blow big clouds as I find them annoying. However I do like to get a lot of flavor. So I guess my parameters are 1.) be durable--I dont want something that I have to play around with, i.e. When I press the fire button I want it to work 2.) don't care about TC 3.) don't care to have a super high watt vaporizer 4.) small and compact 5.) I want batteries that I can swap out. 6.) be less than 300 dollars. Obviously I want to get the cheapest mod but I would rather spend money and have something last. I will be using the P3 as a backup, which is weird because it has never gone out of commission. Now I will tell you what I don't like about my P3. 1.) the battery life is too short in 18350 and 18500 mode 2.) too tall in 18650 mode. I think based on what I don't like I will be looking at a box mod but I am open to anything. The more compact the better. Thanks and I am looking forward to researching some suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Provari obviously fits the bill, but if you want something different perhaps a Dicodes. Several models are available, but I'm not sure what you mean by small. If an 18350 isn't enough run time, but an 18650 is too big, are you looking for something really small with a Lipo? Hard for me to imagine you'll come up with very much that's well built but doesn't use at least 1 replaceable 18650 battery if you do prefer that replaceable option (highly recommended if this is a vapocalypse stash purchase).

doctorwho1138

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2014
Atlanta
Thanks for the reply Elsie. The provari P3 in 18650 is obscenely long. Which is why I was looking into a box box. I figure a single 18650 battery will do me just fine. I want something that can just fit into my hands and not feel like a brick but maybe just as tall if not a bit shorter than the P3 in 18500 mode. I am looking at the dicodes dani box at cremedevapes and the sx mini g along with the provari radius. Not having seen these in person, I don't know how big they are. Right now that new yihi sx mini is topping the list but looking at that thread it doesn't even look like it's out yet. I don't know much about that company but I have heard about the dicodes which seems to be of good quality and should be a good one for years to come. Just browsing the forums, that's what I have narrowed my list down to thus far. Do you have opinions on those mods? Pros and cons?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The strength of the Yihi chip isn't necessarily in the quality of construction of the mod (although there are well made and well regarded versions available), but for their TC features, which isn't important to you. Same for a DNA based mod. It's a wonderful chip for TC, but not helpful if you're looking to use a low watt, non-TC setup. From the perspective of just build quality without a large, overpowered mod, Dicodes is a solid choice with a good warranty policy.

Reactions: Marc411

doctorwho1138

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2014
Atlanta
Thanks again. I don't care about a high watt mod. I just won't use it or the TC settings. If the build quality is there, I will consider it. I just won't use those features. So far the dicodes seems to be the leader based on what you are telling me. Is the dicodes pretty compact? Bigger or around the same size as the radius? Thanks

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks again. I don't care about a high watt mod. I just won't use it or the TC settings. If the build quality is there, I will consider it. I just won't use those features. So far the dicodes seems to be the leader based on what you are telling me. Is the dicodes pretty compact? Bigger or around the same size as the radius? Thanks

Dicodes Dani box is 80mmX49mm, the Radius 86mmX43mm, both quite similar. Both are excellent, he question comes down to do you want another Provari, which is a solid choice.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
1043d819f621473bf42ae24ddd016623.jpg

I wasn't gonna post in this thread until I actually read your username. Thought you'd like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cheallaigh

doctorwho1138

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2014
Atlanta

I wasn't gonna post in this thread until I actually read your username. Thought you'd like this.

That's pretty cool. Gotta love us dr who fans. We are a dedicated bunch :) Right now it's between the dicodes and the radius. Can't seem to make up my mind. They both offer what I am looking for. The only thing that has me leaning towards the radius is that it's warranty repair is located in the USA. But I haven't had to use it for my P3 in two years so that may even be a nonissue. Was looking for something different other than a provari. However if they run a sale in the next couple of weeks then I will probably get the radius. If not then I will get the dicodes.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
I would keep it. But I personally don't like to part with things immediately after buying something new cause I'll never know if I feel like using the old one again some day.

Also it seems like a bad idea to willing part with working equipment for a handful of bucks in middle of the vapageddon.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
we're dedicated... but... come on 3rd will always be the best!

so far the kanger kbox has survived my mechanic hubby... I cannot tell you how many times he's put his phone, mod, lighters etc... in his shirt pocket and dropped them out during the day. the kangers have lasted 5 months of this 6 days a week steady abuse, never mind getting tossed into the toolbox once at our garage... knocked over by the cats(I swear they have a knockover radar/instinct). while the tank might go boom because of the glass(we now have the protank 4s, and I'm trying not to jinx us, but the glass is better protected as long as he stays away from pliers), the mods seem to be able to take a beating.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario

someone needs to take some nailpolish to the tank and paint the light on it, just leave a see-thru part for juice levels...

Reactions: Eskie

doctorwho1138

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2014
Atlanta
Just got the dicodes in today. So far I must say that I am impressed. Been vaping it for 2 hours and it's been great. It fits my size requirement perfectly and it feels like a quality product. Only time will tell if it's as reliable as my provari but I don't see any reason to think that it won't be. Thanks for all your help. Big thanks to cremedevape. Got it one week to the day of ordering it. Packaging was superb. I will keep the P3 as a backup and at some point I think I will also pick up the radius. Right now I will just enjoy my dicodes. [emoji106]

Reactions: Cheallaigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread