Please help my war veteran dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcello Fialho

Aug 15, 2015
There is a supplier called Black Note that claims their NET juices don't destroy pre-made coils. They are not into making anything cheap, it is more of a quality oriented product, probably not for beginners, in my understanding. Again I am not associated in any way with them. I haven't tried it and I probably won't because I am a cheap guy (I rebuild coils, so I never buy premade coils, anyway), but some NETs destroy coils faster than others, this is a fact.

Last edited:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thanks for keeping us updated, Ali! Glad to hear that the switch is going fairly well. You've definitely got him on the right track, and it's great that he is so open to it! I'd say go through a coil change with him before you go... even if it doesn't need it. It's kinda counter-intuitive for most of us to change a coil while it is still working, but I think it would be best to make sure that he is comfortable with it before he is left to his own devices. Biggest piece of advice there: when you screw in the new coil head, make it snug, but make sure to not over-tighten it. Let us know if you run into any issues, and good luck with everything else. We're keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers on this end!

Reactions: AndriaD

ccicecold83

Aug 10, 2015
The iStick 30w is a much better choice than the 50w; very few problems have turned up with the iStick30's; they're small, lightweight, and trust me, 30 watts is a LOT of power. I have two of them, which I've been using since about March, and both work flawlessly and dependably -- and they only cost about $30. The 50w's have had nothing BUT problems, and though their mfr says the problems are "fixed", that doesn't help all those still out in vendor's stock. The 20's won't step down from 4.2v (a freshly charged battery), so they provide a pretty intense vape for someone just starting out -- it would be hot and harsh, and she probably wouldn't like it. With the 30w's, you can set it as low as 5w, which is a good bit lower than what most atomizers need, just to vaporize eliquid.

Andria

Thank you that's what I'm gonna get her then the 50W, I've heard they've had nothing but problems n probably crap out at some point lol She just needs to get off the stinkies she's trying tho and if somehow I could win a contest I could let her have that cause shell have a collection of toys eventually just like the rest of us lol

ccicecold83

Aug 10, 2015
I personally like the innokin mvp vtr it comes in 2 colours. With it you will need aNY 18650 lithium ion battery and a tank. For the tank I like the innokin iclear 30s. Those two are great combo..you can buy the set I believe on fasttech.

Have you heard good things about it or do you use it? I'm on the hunt for anything really that will help but still a good price range

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Have you heard good things about it or do you use it? I'm on the hunt for anything really that will help but still a good price range

The MVP and VTR are two different styles -- actually there are several versions of the MVP, and just one version of the VTR, which is very heavy, and does require an external (replaceable) battery (and only goes to 15w) -- the MVP(s) have an integrated battery, charge via USB. There are advantages to both styles; the USB-charging are easier and less complex, but you need another mod to use while it's charging -- it has the "pass-thru" feature, you can vape *while* it's charging, but it makes it take a LOT longer to charge if you do.

The external batteries, you can just replace the battery and keep on vaping, but it's a bit more of a financial investment, getting the multiple batteries, so maybe best after she decides she's going to continue vaping. I do know that the internal "LiPo" batteries have a much longer battery life than the 18650s, for the same amount of rated mAh. I have a 2000 and 2250 mAh 18650, and I have a couple of iStick30's (2200 mAh) and a Coolfire IV (2000 mAh) and the internal batteries last a LOT longer.

Andria

Marcello Fialho

Aug 15, 2015
I just found out the Vapor Flask 40W now has zip charging. So it should charge batteries like a nitecore external charger would (maybe faster) and you don't have to remove the batteries. Plus it is not a box, it looks really cool. And in case you want to take the batteries out, they have come up with a neat battery cap that should be out real soon, no need for coins to take the batteries out. Finally, they have an american flag leather sleeve for the Vapor flask on Etsy.com. What could be better for a Veteran than an American made mod that displays the American flag?

Reactions: AndriaD

ccicecold83

Aug 10, 2015
The iStick 30w is a much better choice than the 50w; very few problems have turned up with the iStick30's; they're small, lightweight, and trust me, 30 watts is a LOT of power. I have two of them, which I've been using since about March, and both work flawlessly and dependably -- and they only cost about $30. The 50w's have had nothing BUT problems, and though their mfr says the problems are "fixed", that doesn't help all those still out in vendor's stock. The 20's won't step down from 4.2v (a freshly charged battery), so they provide a pretty intense vape for someone just starting out -- it would be hot and harsh, and she probably wouldn't like it. With the 30w's, you can set it as low as 5w, which is a good bit lower than what most atomizers need, just to vaporize eliquid.

Andria

Hey how you doing Andria this is off topic but it's about the innokin contest going on and,I think I won on the first day but I don't know how to message someone on here how do I go about doing that to,find out I,screen shot the list but the first day they only gave three letters of,the last name n unless someone has the same thing I'm thinkin it's me any help is appreciated thank you sooo much

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hi just wanted to check in, it is a struggle to keep up with all the medical issues as well (something new daily !) as the new toys! I got him a lanyard as it's hard to keep the cape handy with his walker and his O2 line and a bottle of stronger RY4, and have ordered a halo set as he is still liking his back, however those arguments about the taste are too true and I will add them into the discussion.

Did the first refill today so I told him he need to use it more so we can practice changing the coil, I leave in a week and moms eyesight and confidence with gadgets is low. He is fine to do it himself.

I will hold off on new equipment for the moment, he was horrified when I said the kanga one I got was $40- but dad, how much is a carton, which is gone in a week? $50. So he's ok with it now! Lol.

Thank you all...closing now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread