Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVE'S PHOTOS

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Rochester New York
Jan,
Have you ever tried the 3.0 cartos? I thought I could only use the LR cartos and atomizers with my unit. Am I wrong?

I don't think my cartos will hold 35 drops. Maybe 10 to 15.

I do like the finish on the eGo. I think that's what the $10 extra is for. hahaha!

NO well done Porterhouse from my grill. I might as well just make you a burger at that point. LOL

Aaeli - Thank you, I will also check out that site and compare prices. I plan on placing an order today $$$$$$$$ CHA-CHINGG. Don't tell anyone this is cheaper than smoking. hahahaha!

JAN, I forgot to tell you. I may be ordering a kit for my wife. She hasen't smoked in years, but after trying (me forcing her) your homemade stuff she may want to start vaping. CHA-CHING

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Jan,
Have you ever tried the 3.0 cartos? I thought I could only use the LR cartos and atomizers with my unit. Am I wrong?The cartos (cartomizers) you have are probably 3.0. That's not LR....that's pretty normal, I think. Those are fine for a Riva. The low resistance cartos are the ones that some say can hurt the Riva. The 2.0 cartos I'm raving about are about halfway between that and a true LR carto which would be around 1.5 ohm)

I don't think my cartos will hold 35 drops. Maybe 10 to 15. I'm talking about cartomizers...not cartridges that fit on the atomizer. Most cartos (cartomizers) will hold at least 20-25 drops. Maybe you didn't get yours full.

I do like the finish on the eGo. I think that's what the $10 extra is for. hahaha!And you're paying for the name/reputation. :)

NO well done Porterhouse from my grill. I might as well just make you a burger at that point. LOL
Okay, next confession....I prefer burgers to steaks....always. Not sure why...I grew up kinda poor and had never had a steak until I went away to college. True story.

Aaeli - Thank you, I will also check out that site and compare prices. I plan on placing an order today $$$$$$$$ CHA-CHINGG. Don't tell anyone this is cheaper than smoking. hahahaha!

JAN, I forgot to tell you. I may be ordering a kit for my wife. She hasen't smoked in years, but after trying (me forcing her) your homemade stuff she may want to start vaping. CHA-CHING
Cool. I would mix her up some 0 nic juice so she wouldn't get re-hooked on nicotine.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I checked all three of the sites we've recommended, and they're within a nickel of each other, I think. The Vapor Kings site is where I got mine. That's the vendor that is about 10 miles up the road from me. I use them when I can just because I want them to stay in business and they're nice people. Besides, it's fast since I can run right over there and pick stuff up. Also, they guarantee that your stuff will ship the very next day if an order is in by 2:00 p.m. (It's 9:20 here right now....just saying...)

About the 10-12 drops...that's how much juice you can get in a typical cart (cartridge)....maybe that's what you're referring to? Those cartos you have should hold at least twice that much. That's one of the advantages of cartos....they hold more. Maybe that's why it isn't lasting you very long. After the first fill, then they hold maybe 12-15 drops every hour or so...to top them off. Try filling your cartos more. You won't hurt it....fill them until the juice starts to leak out the top. Or get a new one and put about 25 drops into the condom and patiently let it soak all that up. I'm thinking the problem may be that you have that kind that's it's better to fill using a syringe. In a regular carto, there's white filler in it that sucks up the juice out of the condom. With the kind you have, the only thing in there to suck up the juice is the string that's used as the wick. That won't soak up nearly as much. I really think you need to fill those from the top with a syringe....I think (THINK) that might be the problem. Wish I were there eating that burger....we'd troubleshoot this and get to the bottom of it. It's hard to advise about something I've actually never used or even seen. :)

I'm off to work. Later,

Jan

EDIT: RE: being your "manual"....See....I really AM a teacher.........that's why I'm so handy. :)

STEVE'S PHOTOS

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Rochester New York
I would think the 3.0 would burn hotter than the 2.0 or am I a nut-case?

These are cartomizers I have. They are all in one. I fill it then screw it on. My buddy has syringes I can try.
If I pop off the mouch piece and look inside, I do see something sticking up in the middle. It's hard so I know it's not filler. There is also a slot in there so when I drop the juice in from the top, it drains into the slot until it runs out the bottom. I just tried it and I can't get 10 drops in before it starts running out. More like 6 or 7. Then when I try and vape it gargles at me like a child at the bottom of a milkshake. You know the sound, I know you do.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yes, you're a nut-case. :) The 3.0 burns cooler than the 2.0 which burns cooler than the 1.5....etc. These numbers represent resistance, not voltage or anything. The lower the resistance, the hotter it burns...and the more juice from the battery it uses. That's why LR attys and cartos are hard on the smaller batteries. So, now you know.

About your cartos......watch this Youtube video. I'm thinking this is the kind of carto you have. If so, here's how you need to fill it: YouTube - How to refill ceramic cartos

The little white oval shaped thing in the middle down there is the heating element (the atomizer)....and you don't want to put drops directly on that....it'll just run out the bottom and it'll flood the atty. (Gurgling like a milkshake...:)) You want the juice to go down the sides of the atty, then it gets wicked up from the bottom to the atty as needed. The reason the condom method worked at all is because the wick was soaking up some of the juice....but not much/not enough. What you REALLY need are some different cartos. But if your buddy has a syringe, watch the video first, then try to do what it says.

I'll be home from work in an hour, so if you get stuck, jump back on here and we can walk through it together. I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track on this; however, I haven't seen your cartos, so if this video does not ring familiar AT ALL, then disregard and come back and tell me. We'll figure something else out. You will like cartos when you get them figured out...they will hold three times + as much as the carts.

Learning curve.....pretty steep isn't it? It'll all start falling into place shortly.

EDIT: I don't think that's your brand of carto, but I think it's basically the same kind. Also, you said you didn't get a little needle tip? You probably should have.....

Later,
Jan

Last edited:

STEVE'S PHOTOS

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Rochester New York
Ok, I filled a new carto with the syringe. BIG difference!!!! better vapor, stronger hit. You were right as always Jan. This is a real needle so I'll need something bigger. I can't pull the liquid in unless I take the needle off. I can push it out just fine. You sent me that video before. My carto is a little different but very much the same.

Thank you so much once again. Now I have to think of another way to be a pain in your ....

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well, if you ordered some 2.0 cartos today, you'll get those pretty soon. They're an entirely different kind with an entirely different method of filling, so I figure we will have new frontiers soon. :) I'm enjoying this. It feels like I've been studying something for seven months, and now I'm taking the test. Feels like I'm passing. (Of course a teacher would pick that analogy...lol)

Those cartos you got are more difficult to fill than the regular ones that have filler in them. This is baptism by fire. Once you've conquered these, the others will be a piece of cake. You can actually use the condom method on them and it'll work well. I know you're probably frustrated at how tedious and complicated this seems, but it really will start falling into place. I honestly don't mind answering any questions any time. I have an "off" switch on my computer. If I didn't want to be here doing this, I wouldn't be. :)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Here's what I've heard about those cartos.....they don't wick very well or fast enough. I'm going to go find a couple of youtube videos that I've watched lately trying to troubleshoot this problem. I think you will relate. They are a relatively new kind of carto that doesn't have filler in it. The wick can't keep up with the vaping is what I'm understanding from what I've been seeing. I think the internal workings are the same (similar) as the clearomizer. It's all about not being able to wick fast enough. There are whole threads complaining about those CE2 cartomizers.

Did you order those 2.0 cartos yet? When you get those, it'll be a whole new game. Be right back; I'm gonna go find a couple of videos that you should watch.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Can't find the YTube vids I was watching...but if you go to youtube and type in CE2 cartomizers....just sort of dig around and watch a few. There's one guy....can't find him now....but he just dissed them something awful. If you read through that forum thread above, I think you'll see some pros and cons for these. There are lots of suggested "fixes" for the wicking problems including adding some PTB filler, etc. Not sure what to tell you. That's why I haven't tried them....didn't want to have to mod them right out of the box.

STEVE'S PHOTOS

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Rochester New York
ok I ordered them tonight. It's 6:30 so it they should get it tomorrow. At the end of my checkout it said I am doing "in store pick up" I didn't choose that, I picked the $2 USPS shipping, so I hpe I didn't screw up. If I did, then you can have them since they're right down the street. I ordered a new syringe too. I'll go play around on youtube. Thank you for trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread