Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessara

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
SW Oklahoma
yeah I understand vaping is not as care free as smoking. It's easy to light up and go, this takes a little work.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet but had to stop and reply to this comment. At first I thought that way too - that all of this vaping stuff is more work, more hassle, than smoking ever was. But then I started to *really* compare...

[Now keep in mind, atm my pv of choice is a basic 510, using cartomizers]

vaping = Recharging my batteries every 3-4 hours, wiping off the threads on both battery and cartomizer. Refilling my cartomizer about once every hour. Changing flavors every now and then, depending on mood, by just screwing on a different carto.

Smoking (when I smoked in the house) = Going to the store every few days for cigarettes or spending copious amounts of cash on a few cartons at a time, washing clothes after only wearing them once to get the stink out of them, constantly cleaning yellow film off of every surface (mirrors, windows, computer, etc), dumping out ashtrays and having ashes float all over the place, washing ashtrays so they can actually look nice for the next 5 minutes, constantly wiping dropped ashes off my desk and out of my keyboard, burn holes in carpets, burn holes in clothes, burn holes in sheets (SCARY!), having to constantly change from my favorite brand because it was now too expensive. [smoking outside] Having to stop everything I was doing INSIDE so I could run outside and smoke.

After taking everything into consideration - vaping really isn't that much hassle, LOL!

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
very good advice

I bought the same thing (51 trio), and mine broke within 2 days. I was able to trade it in for a new one at no extra cost so that was nice. I also looked at getting some extras for it and found them extremely overpriced. After many questions and hours of research, I bought a riva from liberty flights. It was $30 and uses 510 components that you can get almost everywhere. I am not telling you to buy another one but this was for sure more convenient and cost effective for me. At $10 for five carts for the trio, I could get a lot more for my money by refilling myself, and have a lot more options in the future. Whatever your decision may be, your not smoking analogs anymore and that's the best decision you can make! Hope this helped some, if not I am sure other members can!
Jeff

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I hope your Riva comes in today too. I've enjoyed reading this thread....it reminds me so much of my own experience. I'm anxious to see what your first impressions are of your new kit.

Don't throw your crap E-cigs down the toilet though. Clean them up and save them for that time when a curious loved one asks you about vaping. You can pass them along to them so they get an idea of what vaping is like without having to shell out the money you did. Most of us started out with something like you did and had pretty much the same experience. At least our original "mistakes" give us the realization that quitting smoking is something we are capable of doing. Four months ago I would have never thought quitting was something I could do.

Jessara

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
SW Oklahoma
I never throw away *any* of my pv stuff - even old attys that don't vape anymore get kept in the pv-graveyard box. My hubby is planning on getting into modding and he uses old attys to check battery connections and whatnot. Besides that, you never know when you might have one of "those" days when all your good stuff just decides to quit working at once (on a weekend, of course) - you'll be glad you have that POS you threw in the back of a drawer to get you through the next few days until the replacements come.

Airbrusher

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Garden Grove, Ca.
Dude you are tethered to the forums!! ;).

Welcome to the world of vaping. I started with Vaper4Life 808 and went on to the 510 and now have an ego passthrough which uses all my 510 stuff I already have.
My only suggestion to you would be to look into getting yourslef A PCC (Personal Charging Case) for your riva/ego stuff. I know Cignotdotcom has them, and it comes with another battery. I don't have one yet, that will be ordered next month on my birthday. I bought the PCC with my V4L mini 808 I started out with.

Glad to see a photographer here... I use you guys allot in my line of work too.

AB

STEVE'S PHOTOS

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Rochester New York
YEAAAYYY!
My Riva 510 came in today (BLACK not PINK) LOL...This just might be the second best day of my life. Ok, that's a joke but I love this freakin thing so far. I have been in a vapor cloud for the last hour. I can hardly see my laptop thru the fog. hehehe.

I want to thank all my ECF friends for pointing me in the right direction.

Did I say I love this freakin thing?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Ha! I'm sooooo thrilled for you. I was not so far off base when I predicted you'd be lost in Nicotine Nirvana for awhile...now was I? LOL Thanks for reporting in....we've all been waiting to hear. It's not going to be perfect....but perfection is so subjective anyway...LOL. After the Smoke51 it's going to SEEM perfect......that's close enough for me. I'm sitting here with such a smile on my face! I'm so glad that you're happy with it. I predict a big-... mod in your future.......you're taken to this like a duck to water. Ha. Are you liking the juice you got? That's an entire art in itself...finding the juices that work for you. Keep us posted. Please.

Last edited:

STEVE'S PHOTOS

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Rochester New York
Jan, Thank you for all your help & support. I have a big ... fan blowing the vapor away from my computer screen so I can read....Joking!!!!
I am really digging the RY4 liquid. I muse that in my cart and drip some serious stuff for the big hit. I have some 48mg stuff which I didn't know they went that high. It's great for getting over a hard craving.

By tha way, I LOVE THIS FREAKIN THING!!!!! Nic buzz comin on. hahaha

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yeah, 48mg is pretty much the limit for vaping. I have some 48mg nic juice that I use for DIY and I wouldn't be afraid to vape it...a little, but I remember feeling high just vaping 24mg when I first started. I really did have a "lost weekend" when I first got my eGo. I almost vaped myself sick.....Ha. I was in a daze for days....... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread