• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Please Sign This Petition to Help My Friend Help the Animals in Cyprus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Cry Out for the Cats of Cyprus!

"Cats and dogs live on the streets of Cyprus, just like in most countries of the World. Unfortunately most common way to control the population is to poison them. Poisoning and killing a cat is illegal, but the police do nothing if people goes for help. The Government do not or give just very little money for Animal Shelters, they hardly can feed their animals, they beg for donation and they can not take more animals! People from the Government try to stop animal lovers, who feed the cats or dogs. They tell: "we do not want to see them here"! We beg you: if you do not want to see them on the street do something! Do something humane! Do not let the cats and dogs die on the street with no help! Do not poison them! Do not let people to poison them!!!" ... MORE
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/cry-out-for-the-cats-of-Cyprus/

Please, please sign her petition to the Cyprus government and pass it along to everyone you know that are animal lovers. Thank you.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Thank you Sky! I talk with the gal there daily and I can tell you it's horrendous that this still occurs in this day and age. Cyprus is part of the UK and I don't know why the laws aren't enforced there. I really makes me angry! I thought more ECF members would sign but I guess everyone is busy with the holidays.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I sent the link to several people and some replied that it sounded like a scam to acquire information from us. I told them I had thought about that but that the person I got the information from was intelligent enough not to fall for a scam. :) One asked where my name was and I just looked for it so I can give her the number.

So, let's bump this and see if more will sign. Knowing you communicate with the woman might make people a little less leery.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Maybe they thought that because her English isn't very good. I encouraged her to write that in her own words instead of me rewriting it for her. I thought her emotions came through better in her own words. I can assure you it's not a scam. I've cried with her many times when a cat she tried to save died in her arms. Here's her website Cyprus cats

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Maybe they thought that because her English isn't very good. I encouraged her to write that in her own words instead of me rewriting it for her. I thought her emotions came through better in her own words. I can assure you it's not a scam. I've cried with her many times when a cat she tried to save died in her arms. Here's her website Cyprus cats

That is possible GoodDog but I think you were right in encouraging her to write it in her own words. Maybe you could tell her that I give her so much credit for trying to help. Too many talk a lot but do nothing. I pray to God there comes a time when no more tears are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread