Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Looks much better now: 876 comments as of 4/2 11:26AM PDT

Thanks to everyone who commented and please keep spreading the word. There are 4.3M vapers in the US and I wish all would submit their stories to FDA

That's what I get for not checking. :facepalm: I posted to a FB group there were only 58 comments (along with extended deadline). Oh well.

Serves 'em right (maybe) if they have a guilty conscience.

graywoulf

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Millers Creek, NC, USA
While I am more than willing to rally to the cause, I have to admit that I personally am quite a bit confused at how all of this works. As a vaper that never smoked cigarettes, I have to wonder about the weight of my statement to the FDA and just what I would say as a "recreational use" vaper. My wife on the other hand has quit smoking after 40 years or so of light to moderate cigarette smoking due to e-cigarette use for which I am both proud and elated for her but at the same time feel that she should make her own statement to the cause. The links to information about submitting a statement to the FDA docket are numerous and as I said previously, somewhat confusing. Therefore I submit this suggestion to the moderators of this forum to please simplify this process and make it as easy to find and participate in as the ongoing survey is. I say this in sincere hopes that the 58 current docket submissions mentioned by DrMA in the first post would increase exponentially.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I commented.

Graywoulf, why don't you simply comment on how proud and happy you are that your wife quit a long standing smoking habit by vaping? If we don't speak up, the anti smoking zealots will be the loudest voices.

Make sure you throw in some science like research is showing that there are no dangers from second hand vape:)

pbxbelmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2014
Buried in books
Done. 1jz-8i9a-u77i

Frankly, I agree that even if we were to get 1,000,000,000 comments from the 'consumer' group it will make zero difference to the powers that be. They will divvy up the money however they desire. Meanwhile, if the worst should come to pass, we will have another Prohibition-like black market booming before long...

*hate being such a cynic, but there ya go...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
"Black market"? If the FDA regulations go through and a Black Market is created, is that not suppose to be allowed/prevented under its charter? :)
The FDA has been tasked to take into consideration the effect any regulations will have on black markets.
What effect that will have on their final regulations is open for debate.
:unsure:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Hey, DrMA. Did mention in my last comment to FDA that this 70 yr old was going to turn to black market if their onerous regs went through. :D Then the state can take care of me in the "slammer". :p

<------------

I would respectfully request an adjoining cell next to YOU. :) /lol

Yep, those of us who lived and participated (/lol) in the flower child days of the 60's should always insert our age in our advocacy with the FDA, CDC, State and local desk killers. To some extent, this "counters" how the media and regulators portray the vaping culture: a bunch of "hipsters", all of whom blow huge clouds. Note the pictures they use in articles. Or, when was the last time you saw a picture of a "Senior" vaping in the media? No offence intended or inferred to the younger generation. We are ALL brothers and sisters!

:)

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Thank you, SeniorBoy! :laugh: Unfortuately never had enough money or time to participate in any of those demostrations. Too busy making rent money and raising my first born.......but I did have a supply of love beads and tie dyes for my off hours! Now, my kids are grown and long gone and have plenty of time to raise a ruckus!......Got to find me some energy though. :facepalm:

Think Vaping Militia (not sure right one) is putting out poster like posts with pics of various individuals of all ages giving short vaping bios. Really good stuff. :) Anyone can add to them. There's a template to help. I saw some on "We are CASAA".

Always wondered what it would be like to be locked up. Love reading. :p

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Done
Here's what I sent with a copy of Clive Bates presentation

"Comment: I am so appalled by the actions being taken by our "Medical Community" that any trust I've had in you folks is gone.
I see now that all of the "Government Bodies" that are trusted with guiding this Once Great nation have become Slave to Big Business and MONEY. You "People" are, by your actions, harming Millions of the people you are sworn to protect for GREED AND POWER.

Vaping has been a god sent for me, a 43 year Pack a day smoker. I have not had/wanted a cigarette in nearly 2 years. And my Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law were both heaver smokers than I, have also not smoked since I introduced them to vaping soon after I quit smoking. The regulations proposed by this PROHIBITION that you've proposed would bring harm to us and well would cause our return to smoking or obtaining vaping supplies through 'Other Means'. An outcome that anyone thinking in terms of 'Helping' would find Unspeakable. So if there is a molecule of human decency left within your GREED, POWER, And MONEY HUNGRY conscience. Please reconsider your actions.
The whole "Government" of this Once Great Country is being put at risk by folks just like you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread