Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
There are lots and lots of Genesis atomizers out there. The one's you've listed are really not Gennies. Purists will tell you that Genesis atomizers are wicked with SS Mesh or Rope.

Now that that is out of the way, you can also take a look at the Fodi as well as those listed. I like the versatility of the Avocado...

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
There are lots and lots of Genesis atomizers out there. The one's you've listed are really not Gennies. Purists will tell you that Genesis atomizers are wicked with SS Mesh or Rope.

Now that that is out of the way, you can also take a look at the Fodi as well as those listed. I like the versatility of the Avocado...

Not going to get into the "Purist" debate, but if you do want to go that route, you can't beat this for $5!
http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/blue-ihybrid-pure/
I've used one, still have it sitting around here somewhere, I use it time to time, but it doesn't travel well. Bump it, you have to fiddle with the coil, tilt it and it leaks, so on. But it's a cool bit of history some people may enjoy playing with.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
If You're not adverse to Chinese clones from FT, then I'd suggest getting a few as They're so cheap & having a play! My favs from FT are the Origenny (both versions)& the Aquillo. The mega-cheap 18mm DID (DUD..) copy is worth getting for 'playing'/learning too...Would've rec. Their Kraken & Next-Gen. too but Dis-Con.!! :eek::-x
In fact, get in quick before all Their Genis are replaced with yet more Sub-Tank variants!!!

Reactions: Paul lamb

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
What else is there?

Well, if you want the real thing, and the grand-daddy of gennies....

Standard DID • MMVapors

Of the 15 gennies I have these are my very favorites. Don't bother with the clone. I do recommend ordering the brass center post with it, it conducts better, and a glass tank is nice, but you can get them cheaper and quicker at

00. DID - Regular

Last edited:
Reactions: Innova

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Go for that iHybrid Pure. its impossible to disturb the coil as mentioned above by 'bumping' it because the build is enclosed in the top cap. Not really sure what was meant by that. Additionally, hybrids conduct very well, and I have many, many iHybrid devices. They are made to perform, and the iHybrid Pure was a full-on game changer when it was initially released. $5 for one is an absolutely RIDICULOUSLY good price on a fantastic mod.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Additionally, I find that it does not pay to cater to Chinese clones. I'm sorry, but it doesn't. It's convenient, and cost-effective, but the performance will always experience some sort of hinderance and I've long ago stopped using them (everything I owned used to be cloned of authentic devices). I'm no stranger to them. To get a great vape off of a genesis style atomizer, the quality of the construction is *everything* (next to the actual skill of the coil builder, of course!).

That being said, my favorite gennies at the moment are the NextGen and the Nextiny by VapeWare Mods. Bar none, they just blow my mind and nearly eliminate the issue of leaking. I highly suggest looking into one of these remarkable devices.

Reactions: Taff Evans

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Go for that iHybrid Pure. its impossible to disturb the coil as mentioned above by 'bumping' it because the build is enclosed in the top cap. Not really sure what was meant by that. Additionally, hybrids conduct very well, and I have many, many iHybrid devices. They are made to perform, and the iHybrid Pure was a full-on game changer when it was initially released. $5 for one is an absolutely RIDICULOUSLY good price on a fantastic mod.

I mentioned the "bumping" as it's a lot easier to upset a Geni coil than another style build. I took an Ihybrid pure to Disneyland in my wheelchair, I had to fiddle with the coil a few times when people would bump into me hard, or if my wife hit a big bump when pushing me with the mod in my pocket. I had the same problem with my ZAP when I went to a NASCAR race. It's not a huge deal, just something to be aware of, the Provari wouldn't fire, the Ihybrid fire switch would get hot, but both let me know they weren't happy!
That's something else I learned with the Pure, keep your builds above .7 ohms, not sure why, but the fire switch gets rather warm, rather quick with anything lower.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
I mentioned the "bumping" as it's a lot easier to upset a Geni coil than another style build. I took an Ihybrid pure to Disneyland in my wheelchair, I had to fiddle with the coil a few times when people would bump into me hard, or if my wife hit a big bump when pushing me with the mod in my pocket. I had the same problem with my ZAP when I went to a NASCAR race. It's not a huge deal, just something to be aware of, the Provari wouldn't fire, the Ihybrid fire switch would get hot, but both let me know they weren't happy!
That's something else I learned with the Pure, keep your builds above .7 ohms, not sure why, but the fire switch gets rather warm, rather quick with anything lower.

There has got to be something else going on when you say you got bumped and it altered the behavior of the Pure... I have almost everything Faceless ever released and could go on roller coasters and expect the same vape afterwards as beforehand.

Now, when the top cap is off of a genny, then, yes - nudging it slightly can upset it and reinvigorate shorts. But if you're experiencing what you say you're experiencing, I'd have to assume you were using a thinner wick than the wick hole allowed for and the wrapping was looser than it ought to have been. Seriously, i wash off my build decks and then 'flick' the water off the deck/out of the tank innards with a hard whip-lash like motion and it has never changed anything for me. I wonder whats going on with yours... truly a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread