Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
F*#K the Plume Veil!!! Might as well hold your mod with a hand towel.

Thanl you for your insightful comment! You know, you could just plug the 'back of the coil' airflow holes by breaking off the ends of a toothpick in them. I haven't had a single leak since I did this.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
I really haven't experimented with mine much. With those holes on the negative posts practically level with the deck, the thing is 100% relegated to testing a juice and its not even a great RDA for that compared to even the worst of the others I have. Mainly I just toy with it when I'm bored and feel like toying with it to try and find some redeeming quality....

...chucking vapor without the flavor and absolutely pitiful juice capacity completely kills it for me.

As much of a total PITA I find the Veritas to build on, its my go to RDA for testing new juices now that I got the knack for putting coils on it. Been eyeing the magma or a mutation x though. They look like they'd be nice to build on and hold enough juice to be worthwhile.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
I really haven't experimented with mine much. With those holes on the negative posts practically level with the deck, the thing is 100% relegated to testing a juice and its not even a great RDA for that compared to even the worst of the others I have. Mainly I just toy with it when I'm bored and feel like toying with it to try and find some redeeming quality....

...chucking vapor without the flavor and absolutely pitiful juice capacity completely kills it for me.

As much of a total PITA I find the Veritas to build on, its my go to RDA for testing new juices now that I got the knack for putting coils on it. Been eyeing the magma or a mutation x though. They look like they'd be nice to build on and hold enough juice to be worthwhile.

Get a magma you won't regret it. The black tobeco model I have is real nice. Even the screws are tapered on the bottom so they don't chop your wires. I introduced a newbie to the magma and he said it was "game changing". I kinda agree. It is like going from an EVOD to a kayfun.

The mut x is just another cloud chucker. It does have a positive thing not costing $100 for an authentic one.

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com

The Magma will work well for you for sure, but I personally have moved on from the Plume Veil and the Magma to a Hobo V2.1. Best flavor I've found to date. You just have to be good with vertical builds.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Thanks guys. But I already went ahead and ordered both on a whim anyway right after getting home from shopping for square cotton pads, another pair of Klein electrician's scissors, a new butane torch along with a few other odds and ends, mainly was out for vaping stuff and a new tone generator for tracing wires at work.

Definitely not saving any money with this whole vaping thing...

...my new tool obsession is starting to suffer.

CloudKick

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Where do you see that it will have a bigger juice well? I don't see that in the new features/specifications anywhere. It also may be six months before a quality clone is out. I'm the kind of vaper that buys the clone, and if I like the clone then I will purchase the authentic.
Not sure if the clone to authentic is a great philosophy but to each his own. If you did get your plumeveil working though, you should be using staggered posts to build, if someone hasn't suggested it. On T-block center posts you should always feed slots 1&3, then 2&4. Especially with the PV because of the drilled holes near the negative posts.

bv cracker

Apr 18, 2011
New York
Ok, I must take back what I first said about the Plume Veil, it was the first night I had it. I've actually been using it quite often since then and have been enjoying it. After I sealed off all the holes so it wouldn't leak (I'm a single coiler so I have to block off even the closed off airhole cause they always seem to leak juice anyways) it's actually a pretty decent RDA, good vapor and flavor.

Not sure if the clone to authentic is a great philosophy but to each his own. If you did get your plumeveil working though, you should be using staggered posts to build, if someone hasn't suggested it. On T-block center posts you should always feed slots 1&3, then 2&4. Especially with the PV because of the drilled holes near the negative posts.

Thanks for the tip CloudKick... Should make it easier when dealing with longer coils...

CloudKick

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Ok, I must take back what I first said about the Plume Veil, it was the first night I had it. I've actually been using it quite often since then and have been enjoying it. After I sealed off all the holes so it wouldn't leak (I'm a single coiler so I have to block off even the closed off airhole cause they always seem to leak juice anyways) it's actually a pretty decent RDA, good vapor and flavor.
I haven't been able to find one better for me actually but I haven't tried the marquis yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread