Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I don't own a Veritas so cannot comment to that but I do own a Plume Veil. Of course, it chucks the clouds but flavor is pretty damn good as well. For me anyway. Not as good as my Magma but good enough for the amount of vapor it produces.

I have read threads where the Veritas is a ..... to build. That right there is enough to keep me away. However, I have also heard that it produces a very flavorful vape. Not sure on cloud production.

You might be best served asking this question in the Rebuildable Atomizer Systems sub-foum.

Loldathe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Central Texas
I have used both a Plume Veil and Veritas on my DNA device between 25 - 30 watts. Plume Veil was used at a .9 ohm dual coil and 1.3 ohm single coil. Both 28 gauge microcoils at 3mm diameter wicked with cotton.

Veritas is being used with a 1.1 ohm single 26 gauge microcoil, 3mm diameter as well.

Pros of Plume Veil
Airflow - that's about it.

Pros of Veritas
Flavor is crazy good
Deep juice well (15 drops on fresh cotton, 4-7 more when I feel like I need to drip, 15+ pulls before I drip again, I could go longer but I have a habit of dripping.)

Vapor production is very similar, but flavor is better on the Veritas, and the vape is kinda warm. Plume veil has a bit better airflow though for a cooler vape.

The Veritas does have a learning curve to the build, but it gets easy after 1 or 2 attempts.

I choose the Veritas as my all day atty so I don't have to drip as often.

This post was awful but I hope you get some decent info out of it.

sumiquatchim

Moved On
Aug 8, 2014
Iran
I have used both a Plume Veil and Veritas on my DNA device between 25 - 30 watts. Plume Veil was used at a .9 ohm dual coil and 1.3 ohm single coil. Both 28 gauge microcoils at 3mm diameter wicked with cotton.

Veritas is being used with a 1.1 ohm single 26 gauge microcoil, 3mm diameter as well.

Pros of Plume Veil
Airflow - that's about it.

Pros of Veritas
Flavor is crazy good
Deep juice well (15 drops on fresh cotton, 4-7 more when I feel like I need to drip, 15+ pulls before I drip again, I could go longer but I have a habit of dripping.)

Vapor production is very similar, but flavor is better on the Veritas, and the vape is kinda warm. Plume veil has a bit better airflow though for a cooler vape.

The Veritas does have a learning curve to the build, but it gets easy after 1 or 2 attempts.

I choose the Veritas as my all day atty so I don't have to drip as often.

This post was awful but I hope you get some decent info out of it.
I heard that the plume veil has more clouds, everyone is saying that. Then why does yours give more ?

Kumatesh

Jun 16, 2014
TX
I have both and the Veritas is my go to. That being said, I still have not been able to get a build in there that will give me big clouds. I know it's a flavor atty but clouds are possible - I just haven't figured it out yet.

The plume veil is easy to build on and easy to get clouds, but it's a leaky son of a gun. Couple the negative post air flow holes with the top cap catching juice behind it just makes it leaky for me.

If anyone has builds for the Veritas used on an sx350 mod, lemme know. I have 28/30/32g kanthal and a drill to twist if necessary

Edit: I may have come up with a good, relatively simple build for it. I took a 1/8th drill bit, twisted some 28g kanthal, wrapped it 6 times, then inserted the blunt end of the drill bit into the hole and attached my coil. This way, the air goes THROUGH the middle of the coil. The hard part is wicking it. You'll want to wick all the way around like a donut and also avoiding covering either end of the coil with cotton.

Last edited:
I haven't tried the Plume Veil, but I do currently have the Veritas. I'm vaping it with a dual coil set up at 0.5 ohms with organic cotton at 28w. It's got good flavor and I get decent vapor, but I tend to go for RDAs that are made more for flavor. I really didn't have that hard of a time building on it, used 26g kanthal, got it built on my first try, and I know that they say you can get in a quad build, but that's just too tight of a space for me to work with and I do just fine with my dual set up. An added bonus is that it hasn't leaked on me once.

Loldathe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Central Texas
I heard that the plume veil has more clouds, everyone is saying that. Then why does yours give more ?

Vapor production is similar to me, but that's subjective to build/device. If anything the plume veil gives a tad more vapor, but the Veritas still performs real well. I use an AFC drip tip on the Veritas as well.

Loldathe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Central Texas
I have both and the Veritas is my go to. That being said, I still have not been able to get a build in there that will give me big clouds. I know it's a flavor atty but clouds are possible - I just haven't figured it out yet.

The plume veil is easy to build on and easy to get clouds, but it's a leaky son of a gun. Couple the negative post air flow holes with the top cap catching juice behind it just makes it leaky for me.

If anyone has builds for the Veritas used on an sx350 mod, lemme know. I have 28/30/32g kanthal and a drill to twist if necessary

Edit: I may have come up with a good, relatively simple build for it. I took a 1/8th drill bit, twisted some 28g kanthal, wrapped it 6 times, then inserted the blunt end of the drill bit into the hole and attached my coil. This way, the air goes THROUGH the middle of the coil. The hard part is wicking it. You'll want to wick all the way around like a donut and also avoiding covering either end of the coil with cotton.

I think I'm at 7 or 8 wraps of 28g on a 3mm screwdriver and I have it wicked like this and get good performance. May try wrapping the wick around the coil tho, not through it.

(Excuse the mucky cotton, it's time for a rewick)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408966190.163059.jpg

PirateHooligan86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Florida
I have both the Plume Veil and the Veritas. I definitely prefer the Plume Veil. I'm running them both on mech mods at .28 ohms.

Plume Veil:
Amazing airflow, for a cooler vape
Chucks clouds
Delrin insert helps produce amazing flavor when it's threaded down

Con: Can leak easily when overfilled

Veritas:
Great flavor (a little above Plume Veil in my opinion)
Less likely to leak if overfilled
Holds a good bit of liquid

Cons:
Vape is really warm
Awkward to build on

I ultimately agree with jaxgator though. The Magma that I just picked up has been my go-to this whole week out of the three. Flavor is above almost everything I've fooled around with previously, clouds aren't AS big but it still makes a ton, and I can get around 20 big hits off of it instead of the usual 5-6 with my other drippers.

My recommendation is Magma, Plume Veil, then Veritas, though I don't think you'll be unhappy with any of those, no matter what you choose. :)

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
just picked up the vertias (black) on Friday. I haven't used my 2 plume veils much since then. it's much harder to build on but nothing I can't manage. I think the best feature is how much easier it is to drip into without leaking. you really, really have to overflow the deck for it to leak out of the air hole.

plume veil is also a nice atty. I don't think you can go wrong with either or.

I stopped using my magmas when I got the plume veil. I haven't used the plume veil much since I started using the veritas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread