RDA plume veil v1.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramik

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Chicago
Man, I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on a presale after seeing those pics. I swear I'm going to buy my rba's from my local shop, from now on, at least I can look at them before I buy. I don't blame you for being ......, laramik.
I think I almost feel most bad for American manufacturers that make quality stuff. It gives all of them a bad name when garbage like this gets put out.
Guess I'm not gonna have any luck selling mine in the classifieds! Lol!

nar0bin

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
McKinney, Tx
Got it out. Boiled the atty, got everything clean and then there was enough friction to twist it out with a drip tip (usually gets stuck in other atty's, I don't use it much). She hits really well. The threads didn't look too bad. There was one thread at the beginning that wasn't but besides that, the rest were machined pretty well. Still... 3 month wait for sub-par machining, they kinda screwed up. Just happy to have an RDA at this point.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
OK.... Well...... It's here. I'm going to post a full review later today but let's just say, well really, I don't know what to say. Heres some pics and maybe that can give you my opinion.
e2022821a1e3a0e71dfea584e80ee1c1.jpg
9fed9991f663fe91e0af43ba51417d26.jpg
b884e1097d97368f2f5bf12354c08274.jpg

Wait til you see the box it came in. Wow.
I mean I just can't imagine charging 115 bucks for something like this and putting my name on it. It's companies like Aethertech that give good made in the USA companies a bad name. I don't own a clone that came this filthy, poorly packaged, or poorly machined. If I were a company making a well made American rda I'd be furious. This is why people buy clones, and dirt bags like aethertech put out a piece of garbage like this and everyone goes "why would I buy a poorly machined piece like this when I could buy 5 clones for the same price and it would cost me the same and it would be here in 5 days instead of 5 months"
What a shameful performance aethertech, thanks for putting out a sub par product and making American manufacturers look like asses. Oh yeah, and by the way..... It whistles. Like as loud as a referee whistle. Jeez
[emoji36]

Mine wasn't that bad. But judging by the way the threads looked I'm sure yours could be in there way worse. That's too bad you can't get yours out, it really adds a new dimension to the vape quality when those air holes are open. I think more than anything I am most disappointed in the unbelievably poor packaging that the device came in. The fact that it doesn't even list a company phone number or even web address is astounding. Let alone warranty or anything else for that matter Yeah right...

I think I almost feel most bad for American manufacturers that make quality stuff. It gives all of them a bad name when garbage like this gets put out.
Guess I'm not gonna have any luck selling mine in the classifieds! Lol!

Got it out. Boiled the atty, got everything clean and then there was enough friction to twist it out with a drip tip (usually gets stuck in other atty's, I don't use it much). She hits really well. The threads didn't look too bad. There was one thread at the beginning that wasn't but besides that, the rest were machined pretty well. Still... 3 month wait for sub-par machining, they kinda screwed up. Just happy to have an RDA at this point.

Excellent feedback fellas. Thank you very much! I was very interested in the v1.5 at first. Now? Not so much. And damn glad I didn't get in on the pre-order fiasco. Here's some of the fine craftsmanship provided to me on the v1 by Aethertech...

pvbuild5.jpg

Only $115 for that authentic. :facepalm:

VenusianSky

Verified Member
May 25, 2014
Pittsburgh
I didn't know that even the v1 had such poor machining for such an expensive device. I've only seen a clone up close and I don't think it even had such imperfections. I am not one to care that much about those things, but when it costs over $100 and there are clones that are just as good, that is just not right.

metlgawd

Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Greenville, KY, USA
I'm having the same problem getting that Delrin AFC piece out of the top cap. I tried everything but it just seems stuck in there, anyone got and idea on how to get it out without ruining the threads?
I took an old throw away tank, stuck the mouth end of the drip tip into the top of the peek insulator (kinda titled) and it screwed right out.

Mpane151

Nov 4, 2014
NYC
I took an old throw away tank, stuck the mouth end of the drip tip into the top of the peek insulator (kinda titled) and it screwed right out.

Interesting, unfortunately I dont have something like that, which will fit into top or bottom part of the peek insulator. I've stuck all sorts of tools in there (no pun intended) and nothing has been able to screw the thing out. I'm sure once I get it out once it will loosen up, but nothing seems to be working....

Mpane151

Nov 4, 2014
NYC
Mine didn't look anywhere near as bad as these pics. The top air holes aren't perfect, but the rest of the threading and post holes all looked fine to me? I didn't try too hard to get the black delrin piece out so I can't comment on the machining quality of that section.

Maybe it was just a bad batch?

Mind didnt look anything like the pictures either, the post and air holes were all perfect, nothing was really all that dirty, everything seemed fine. Its just the fact that I cant get the damn delrin piece to unscrew for some reason.

nar0bin

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
McKinney, Tx
Mine was well stuck in there. I tried to use what I could find around the kitchen to try to loosen it but after I disassembled the atty and boiled it along with my drip tip, only then was I able to loosen the PEEK/Delrin AFC top cap. Boil it for about 5-10 minutes and afterwards, make sure the drip-tip and drip-tip bay are completely dry. Then just have some patience and it'll loosen. Remember that it's reverse threaded. Even with the unfortunate problem, this is still the best dripper I've had the pleasure to deal with HANDS DOWN. I love this thing. So much air flow, so much flavor, so sleek. The build deck is easy as pie, deep, and the T-posts are perfect for whatever build you desire. I don't regret my purchase 1%. Sure the pre-order stuff was terrible and I'd love a way better customer service aspect than the non-existent brand that Aethertech provides but maybe they will get their act together. I wouldn't mind another PEEK/Delrin AFC top cap because I somewhat made mine ugly impatiently trying to get out before I went to the stove and boiled it to loosen the threads from the top cap. I guess I'll try a really cheap clone, worst case scenario, I have a clone to use to gift to someone. Does anyone know if the insulators are the same specs to be interchangeable?

gryffandor

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
Dallas
I had the same problem with the delrin cap seeming to be stuck. It just takes a bit of out of the box thinking. Remove the top cap, place a finger on top of the delrin & another below from the underside. Now turn the top cap itself----NOT the delrin!!!! If you find you can't turn the cap itself because it slips in your hand use a rubber band or latex glove. I've fixed 4 this way with no problems. Remember it's reverse threaded. Sitting here vaping one at .3 ohm dual coils on an Akuma & the flavor & vaper production is fantastic. Hope this helps.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
I had the same problem with the delrin cap seeming to be stuck. It just takes a bit of out of the box thinking. Remove the top cap, place a finger on top of the delrin & another below from the underside. Now turn the top cap itself----NOT the delrin!!!! If you find you can't turn the cap itself because it slips in your hand use a rubber band or latex glove. I've fixed 4 this way with no problems. Remember it's reverse threaded. Sitting here vaping one at .3 ohm dual coils on an Akuma & the flavor & vaper production is fantastic. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip.
Worked pretty easily once u get the proper grip so you wont slice your fingers.
managed to get it out in a couple of min

FloridaSam

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Under a palm tree
I received my copper 1.5 Tobeco clone yesterday from 101vape. I had gotten a free $25.00 Mastercard from the Camel instant win website and saw it only fitting to use it on vape gear.

Seeing the reviews of the original, especially Rip Trippers video, I was expecting disappointment. This is truly a case of the clone beating the original. The delrin cap moves almost too easy on the Tobeco. The threads are perfect. The top cap air holes are perfect. The deck is NOT gold plated (my biggest worry) and the post holes are excellent. For $13 it's a shame how every problem that people are experiencing with the original are not there in the ridiculously cheap clone.

bgmat58

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2013
Austin, TX
I found a site with the v 1.5 still available but I started reading some bad reviews about quality control, poor machining etc...

Seems they are on their third batch of these do you think they have resolved these issues? Debating between this and the Origen dropper v2...

Any thoughts from those with the v1.5 Plume Veil?

nar0bin

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
McKinney, Tx
Just an update: The Plume Veil 1.5 clone by Infinite has delrin that is completely compatible with the authentic. All parts are pretty much interchangable. The clone also comes with two o-rings that also fit the authentic. So if anyone ruined their delrin getting it unstuck, and doesn't mind spending the cash, the infinite clone is good to go for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread