Pocket friendly genny tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

keenanmcfar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
ottawa
Firstly, id like to thank everyone on this forum for being so awesome. Thanks to all the creeping i did here i got my aga-t2 working juuuust the way i want it. Finally.
The thing i found was i like a really wet wick and take very long drags (like 8 seconds or so) i also like. 6 ohm coils :D. A solid wick couldnt keep up and keep the coil drenched so i tried a semi solid with fill screw out. Brilliant. Worked great but THE LEAKING! Everywhere! I figured the only way to remedy both situations was to make the fill hole smaller so the surface tension of the liquid would prevent it from leaking. Stuffed a very small piece of mesh in the fill hole, mostly hollow and it works great! No negative pressure lock and no leaks to speak of. Just took a bit of fiddling with wick hole size vs fill hole mesh size. Im sure it could be done by drilling a very small hole and leving the fill screw in but im not a rich man and dont want to risk it.

keenanmcfar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
ottawa
Heres the fix!

Attachments

• IMG_20130312_012646.jpg
    IMG_20130312_012646.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 156

keenanmcfar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
ottawa
Gabe, couldnt tell ya man, it was taken off the 'RAtank' from DFWvapor. Tbh i think id be ok without it but it does make it less of a pita :p

Bunny boy, yeah, i know what you mean. I tried it on its side for two hours though and only one or two drops into top cap. My wick is almost solid so thats gotta be why. I also find that having the top spiral of the wick sloping down toward the center helps leaks a lot. The center hole fills the whole way but it stops flowing at the top. Love surface tension!

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
Keenan... Can you tell me what size washer you got for the center post of your AGA? I need to go pick one up today to help get rid of my hotspot. I'm using the drill bit method and it works awesome, but SOMETIMES I still get a little hot spot at that lead bc it is so far from the center post.

Go to your local hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot, etc) and get some 6mm M3 Stainless Steel washers.
Most decent size stores will have a good selection of metric washers - just make sure they are Stainless Steel..

BTW... For you folks that have problems with leaking in the AGA when you pull out the extra screw to help with wicking problems: make an adjustable air intake on your AGA-T.

Use a small diameter drill bit to drill out the center of the extra grounding post (the one with the small hole on the side) & then use the screw in the post to adjust the amount of air going back into the tank. You just have to be careful drilling the hole so that it doesn't goober-up the threads in the post. You can then use a small silicon plug in the other hole for filling the tank.

If the post screw is loose when you get it adjusted to your liking & won't stay in place - use some Teflon tape (available in the pluming section of the store) & do a couple of wraps on the threads of the screw. Simple fix, doesn't leak, and works well.

Have fun...

Last edited:

keenanmcfar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
ottawa
Go to your local hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot, etc) and get some 6mm M3 Stainless Steel washers.
Most decent size stores will have a good selection of metric washers - just make sure they are Stainless Steel..

BTW... For you folks that have problems with leaking in the AGA when you pull out the extra screw to help with wicking problems: make an adjustable air intake on your AGA-T.

Use a small diameter drill bit to drill out the center of the extra grounding post (the one with the small hole on the side) & then use the screw in the post to adjust the amount of air going back into the tank. You just have to be careful drilling the hole so that it doesn't goober-up the threads in the post. You can then use a small silicon plug in the other hole for filling the tank.

If the post screw is loose when you get it adjusted to your liking & won't stay in place - use some Teflon tape (available in the pluming section of the store) & do a couple of wraps on the threads of the screw. Simple fix, doesn't leak, and works well.

Have fun...

Yeah, im surprised no gennies came out with that feature yet tbh. Thought about that but im a bit too lazy. Its working well for you? (speaking of fill screw drill) thx for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread