Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I just got in the mini battery for the cync today, and ordered some for 1.5 ml njoy classic tabacco 45mg pods just to see if I just had bad pods the first time. I really wanted to like this thing as I like the njoy classic tobacco (daily) flavor so much. Again, barely works. I guess if they made the 45 mg in the 2.5 ml pods, I would give them another shot, but as of now I am done with the cync. Still waiting on my njoy Daily recharge kit, hoping for the best with it.
Have you tried these ?

PFT_Classic_Tobacco_25mg_LF-ANG_450px.png

They come in 10 mg, 15 mg and 25 mg. Works with ego type batteries. 1.35 ohm coil, so about 10 watts on ego.

NJOY Pre-Filled Tanks | Classic Tobacco | 1 Pack
NJOY Electronic Cigarettes and Vaping
NJOY Electronic Cigarettes and Vaping

Tempesta

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Maryland USA
Out of curiosity, I got an ICare. It's ridiculously simple to use, and would be great for someone trying vaping for the first time. It doesn't use pods; you use your own juices. And it's very inexpensive; $14 or $15.

I have wanted to try the MyJet, but almost everyone is out of stock. My main interest here is something that is ultra-compact to use while traveling, but not a closed system.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Out of curiosity, I got an ICare. It's ridiculously simple to use, and would be great for someone trying vaping for the first time. It doesn't use pods; you use your own juices. And it's very inexpensive; $14 or $15.

I have wanted to try the MyJet, but almost everyone is out of stock. My main interest here is something that is ultra-compact to use while traveling, but not a closed system.
i would appreciate some feedback on the iCare after you have used it for a while. Thanks.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
My goal was to find a pod mod that I could use while out and about. Something to easily fit in my pocket and satisfy my vaping urge.

First I tried the Juul. It was just OK. But I wasn't real happy with it. Even with modification the airflow was just too restricted for me.

So I ordered the Cync. I received it today and I am much more impressed. Has a lot more airflow hence much more flavor. I ordered the Njoy tobacco and Five Pawn cartridges in the 2.5 size. I have tried both and they are very enjoyable.

So my experimenting is done. I have found a pod mod that I am happy with. Hope all of you who are looking find one as well. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tempesta

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Maryland USA
My first impressions of the ICare: To me, the vapor is a little hot, but I'm still fiddling with the airflow ring (yes, there is one!). Flavor isn't bad, and it's...really small. You could stick it in a shirt or jacket pocket with ease. More to come after I've fiddled around with it for a while. I'm taking it with me on vacation next month.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
My first impressions of the ICare: To me, the vapor is a little hot, but I'm still fiddling with the airflow ring (yes, there is one!). Flavor isn't bad, and it's...really small. You could stick it in a shirt or jacket pocket with ease. More to come after I've fiddled around with it for a while. I'm taking it with me on vacation next month.
Anything you could compare the flavor to? Or maybe rate it on a 1-10 scale?

Reactions: bnrkwest

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011

You can find the myjet here myJET Express Kit

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
I couldn't wait to try to refill the Cync pods. Found you have to be careful removing the little plugs. First time I accidentally pushed the plug down into the pod. I found it helps to go down the side of the plug with something really sharp and they pry it up.

Still very happy with this little pod mod. :thumb:

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Those would be a tough sell to smokers in my neck of the woods. They cost more than a pack of smokes.
Yeah, if you pay full price at 7 11, but if you buy online they always have a 35 to 40 % off discount, and there are also volume discounts. If a smoker decides this is for them, they can get these pre-filled clearos for about $ 2.50. A lot cheaper to diy obviously, but these are better value than cigalikes, if you only consider plug'n'play devices.

Cigarettes are $ 12 a pack by me btw :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I couldn't wait to try to refill the Cync pods. Found you have to be careful removing the little plugs. First time I accidentally pushed the plug down into the pod. I found it helps to go down the side of the plug with something really sharp and they pry it up.

Still very happy with this little pod mod. :thumb:

I LOVE the Cync. I need more. :D

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
I LOVE the Cync. I need more. :D

Me too. It is the one I have settled on as my run-around vape. I haven't tried all the pod mods but found one I like. I will be ordering some more pods today. I like the five pawns and the njoy.

Thanks for this thread ... I had never even heard of pod mods.

FDA
free-fighting-smileys-297.gif

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Me too. It is the one I have settled on as my run-around vape. I haven't tried all the pod mods but found one I like. I will be ordering some more pods today. I like the five pawns and the njoy.

Thanks for this thread ... I had never even heard of pod mods.

FDA
free-fighting-smileys-297.gif

I love the Black Flag Risen (I think that is what it's called) from 5P. The one with "tobacco".

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I love the Black Flag Risen (I think that is what it's called) from 5P. The one with "tobacco".
That's the Enriched version. My favorite as well. I think I'm going to try most of the 5P pods because of how much I liked Black Flag Risen Enriched and Castle Long.

The Cuttwood pods seem to perform nicely as well. All I've tried so far is Manic Mint but I really enjoy it. Reminds me a lot of a peppermint Altoid and it's not menthol-y at all. I want to try Livid Lime and Tobacco Trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread