Poll: Highest price you ever paid for a pack of smokes...

What's the greatest amount you've ever paid (per pack) for regular analog cigarettes?

• $1.00 to $1.99

• $2.00 to $2.99

• $3.00 to $3.99

• $4.00 to $4.99

• $5.00 to $5.99

• $6.00 to $6.99

• $7.00 to $7.99

• $8.00 to $8.99

• $9.00 to $9.99

• $10.00 to $10.99

• $11.00 to $11.99

• Over $12.00

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
Before the new tax, I was only paying $17.99 per carton - now they've gone up to $23.99. The most I've ever paid for one pack is probably around $3.50. I cannot imagine paying $8.00 for a pack of cigarettes, but I would have if I'd been stranded with no smokes. Thank goodness for e-cigs!

OMG - 17.99 for a carton!!!!!!

In NJ - it will cost just a little less than that to buy only 2 packs at a CVS or Walmart!!! Mom & pops charge more. The last pack I bought was in the beginning of January - before the new increase. I paid $7.45 - and they didn't give u matches!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note - I sure wish everyone would add their live-in-state to their profile. It makes more sense when reading some of the posts, if you know where the person calls 'home'.

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
Ha! This is an interesting topic.

I just remember being near downtown Chicago and going into a gas station. I said "Give me 3 packs of Winston Light Box".

He handed them over to me, rang them up and said "That will be $32.00 sir". I nearly choked. Needless to say I just got one pack to tide me over till we got back to our burb where cigs are $5-$6 per pack.

Holy crap!

esmkr209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
During an unexpected layover at O'Hara airport in Chicago I paid $11.50 for a pack of cigarettes and $5.00 for a lighter. This was after having to walk 3 miles from the terminals to the Hilton hotel looked on the other side of the airport property just to find someone that sold them.

Ultimist

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
Montana, USA
$3.75.

I bought a Top o Matic injector and made my own after the last increase. Even with this latest tax hit, if you get 500 smokes from a pound of bulk tobacco at $50 a lb and $2.75 a box for tubes, it comes to about $2.70 a pack to make your own.

Making your own still is the most economical way to do analog.

Edited: Yeah, the recent tax hike added something like $24.00 PER POUND to the price of roll your own tobacco.

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
I paid 9.00 for a pack at a ski resort this past weekend. (sigh)

I had been mostly analog free since March 15th....but something about being snowed in, in APRIL goot me rattled. lol

I used to smoke Misty and really it was cheaper for them ($22.00 a carton) than vaping is. Of course, I am just getting started so I have been going little wild on supplies.

I hope to find what I am looking for... stock up, and realize some savings! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread