Poll: How often do you clean your Protank or Evod heads.

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by cocacola31173, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cocacola31173

cocacola31173 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I ask this cause I have been cleaning after every tankful and been told that this is probably too much and is not needed. I was just wondering what the lifespan of a replacement head if you waited a while in between cleanings. If I found out that you can wait a while then I just plan on getting one for each flavor and have them ready to go all at once.

Thanks!

2. E_DeCastro

E_DeCastro Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

where is the poll?

anyway, I don't, I just replace the atomizer with a fresh one I have rebuilt. I have a lot I rebuilt in a tool box.

3. matcas

matcas Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Every couple tanks or when it starts to taste bad and the juices color starts getting darker.

4. OBDave

OBDave Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'll usually clean them every 4-5 tanks, more often if I'm switching juices to something where I really think a residue from the old juice would offend the flavor of the new juice. Probably not an issue for me now that I have like 7 Evods and can keep a good variety of juices going at once...

5. OBDave

OBDave Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I find that if the juices start significantly darkening in color halfway through a tank, it's a good indicator that it's time to rinse the head.

6. Glen Snyder

Glen Snyder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Every 2 or 3 tanks or at the first hint of burnt taste.

7. WhatSheSaid

WhatSheSaid Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This. I can usually go three tanks before cleaning.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

8. cocacola31173

cocacola31173 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well I finally decided just to fill every device I got with a different juice. So far its working out pretty good cause I had some sour flavors that I couldn't vape on a lot and now all my flavors are ready for me.

I found a little plastic drawer with 6 compartments and theres just enough room for the juice bottle and the device. Plus on the upside I keep it in my bedroom cause Im trying to break the habit of changing my clearomizers every few puffs, Drives my hubby nuts! LOL

9. bhswmc01

bhswmc01 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is what I'm planning on doing - right now I clean them every time I switch flavors, only have 3 tanks and about 10 different flavors to choose from.

10. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ditto for me.

11. LazyBulldogge

LazyBulldogge Super Member ECF Veteran

My two darker vanilla juices, I usually clean out the tank and replace the with a new (rebuilt) one once a week, as those juices really gunk up the coil and the juice itself turns dark over time too.
    The two somewhat clear juices (which I don't vape as much either), same routine once every 2 weeks or so.
    I don't really clean the coils though, as I just rebuild them instead, so can't be bothered :)

12. Zipslack

Zipslack Super Member ECF Veteran

What is this "cleaning" of which you speak? I am not familiar with the concept....

Seriously, I use very light juices and haven't cleaned/replaced in 3 weeks. If it starts drawing hard or tasting funky, I guess I'll switch heads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.