POLL on e2 cartomizer

What does everyone think of the e2 cartomizer?

• Dislike

• Like with mod (PTB ect)

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
I don't use them exclusively, but the CE-2s are my go to cartos. I haven't been modding mine but I do clean them before I use them. Some of the first ones were very iffy but they did work. The latest ones work pretty well, you have to change how you vape a little, but they do the job straight out of the package if they've been cleaned.

I use mostly my own juice, 70/30 PG/VG, mostly fruit flavors. Currently using 5 R4 from Volcano for better than two weeks with a couple of cleanings with PGA. Just refill and back in rotation. One thing that I have noticed is that you have to draw a little slower on these or they taste burnt very quickly.

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
The good:

* Excellent performance, lots of vapor
* Good battery life, only takes 1-2 seconds to get a good mouthful
* Good flavor especially with 3.3v batteries (3.7v overcook the juice). 3.2ohm carto
* R4's haven't leaked yet and wick well

The Bad:

* Pain to refill, they need an easy refill tube/tunnel just under the mouthcap
* Difficult to tell how much juice is left, maybe a clear casing is the answer

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
They are absolutely were its at in carto land.

Really once you try them, you can't go back to filler cartos. They are THAT much better.
Great taste... Great Vapor... and a super smooth silent draw.

I have 18 new ones waiting, and 4 in rotation right now.
I can fill all four at once in about 10-15 min tops. That lasts me two days. With some dripping in between when I can.
I've been doing 3 flavors in 4 cartos.
(2) - RY4
(1) - Caramel Apple
(1) - Grape.

A couple of mine are PTB modded for the ultimate experience, but I have two going stock. Stock is still 10X better than filler cartos. Vape on!

Tried the Joye cartos, pretty disappointed with them. I assumed they would perform close to the E2s...
Not so IMO.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
nooooooooooooooooooo! I tried dem cartos...nooooo! lol, srsly I tasted FUNK after a few vapes with Joye cartos...plastic (not burnt but yeah) from the poly and casing and the vape is less voluminous and very cool as the atty sits so far down...

nooooooooooo Bert (I have a brother named Bert : ) ... don't get sucked into the Joye carto machine!

btw--I have three leftovers if'n you want em....

so far i like the Joye cartos better.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I have some R2's, R3's and R4's. The R4's are the best of the bunch in general, but I'd like to see the return of the plastic cup and easy to remove fill ring from the R2's. Raising the ohms was a big step forward and makes 3.7v vaping much more enjoyable. QC still needs some work but overall I'm very happy with mine.

Personally I like the shorties the best. The XL's seem to have a harder time wicking properly. YMMV.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
nooooooooooooooooooo! I tried dem cartos...nooooo! lol, srsly I tasted FUNK after a few vapes with Joye cartos...plastic (not burnt but yeah) from the poly and casing and the vape is less voluminous and very cool as the atty sits so far down...

nooooooooooo Bert (I have a brother named Bert : ) ... don't get sucked into the Joye carto machine!

btw--I have three leftovers if'n you want em....

I only got that bad taste on the first carto I filled, because i didn't fill it correctly. I have not had that bad taste with any joye carto after that.

With the CE2's, yeah the flavor is amazing, but after 3 puffs I get a burnt taste. Every CE2 carto i have used, I have had a problem with. I have yet to get past 5 puffs without having to put it down and forget about it for a while.

The Joye cartos are the most consistant carto I've tried.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
On the E2's you do have to hold them either level or at a slight tilt because the wicking goes against gravity...I had some of those problems when I first got them but I hit my stride with them

I'm glad you are having no problems with taste--I mean even after I filled two of these and made sure the filler was evenly soaked, etc....I still had the weird taste.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
On the E2's you do have to hold them either level or at a slight tilt because the wicking goes against gravity

Spend 10 minutes with some scissors and Pyramid tea bags and you won't have to :)
Chop the wick and use a 4 fold accordion style strip, and you will never have to tip again.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
On the E2's you do have to hold them either level or at a slight tilt because the wicking goes against gravity...I had some of those problems when I first got them but I hit my stride with them

I'm glad you are having no problems with taste--I mean even after I filled two of these and made sure the filler was evenly soaked, etc....I still had the weird taste.

Are you sure they were Joye cartos, that you have to use a syringe? sounds like Boge or SLB to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread