POLL on e2 cartomizer

What does everyone think of the e2 cartomizer?

• Dislike

• Like with mod (PTB ect)

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Take top soft mouthpiece off, the the middle ring, then finagle a flat tipped jewler's scredriver under the lip of the seal ring...sliding it around the ceramic cup till you feel it go under a slot and then lift...some people use a dental pick or some such....

Ok, I just didn't understand how you made sure the filler was evenly soaked.

I would like to try and mod a CE2, are there vids on how to open them up?

Last edited:

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Spend 10 minutes with some scissors and Pyramid tea bags and you won't have to :)
Chop the wick and use a 4 fold accordion style strip, and you will never have to tip again.

It may be a matter of what juice one is using. Using ptb I still find wicking to be better if the pv is held level or slighly upward, especially if the tank is less than full.

The E2's still have some problems imo but nonetheless they blow away filler cartos hands down. I haven't used a filler carto since I got my first r3's in the begining of September. I'll never go back.

nickf41680

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
new york
I have some R2's, R3's and R4's. The R4's are the best of the bunch in general, but I'd like to see the return of the plastic cup and easy to remove fill ring from the R2's. Raising the ohms was a big step forward and makes 3.7v vaping much more enjoyable. QC still needs some work but overall I'm very happy with mine.

Personally I like the shorties the best. The XL's seem to have a harder time wicking properly. YMMV.

i agree not so much of the wicking just the fact that they are shorter... easier to carry around i dont mind filling mid day

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I don't care for them. They make my juice taste weak, They aren't high voltage frendly and they're too much hassle filling. I'm using Ikens new 510/801 fusion right now and like them a bunch better. But I voted undecided.
As far as the hassle filling - remove the filler ring. Destroy it in the process if need be. Then just fill down the sides of the cup using a syringe or direct from the drip tip on the juice bottle. Once filled reinsert the smaller ring flat side against the cup. Forget the filler ring.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
I'm undecided. When they work, they work great. But there's still a ton of quality control issues, and old revisions shipping out with the new ones.

And I also think the company itself is pretty unethical and I don't really like to support that.

Have you tried the E2-bottle yet?
I like the mod, at least that's another option for the poll.
The only thing imo is that the Chinese gunk needs to be dealt with, and to this day I don't think that China has worked on it (on any coil, any carto).

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Steenkin' dingos!

ps- hey why not just use a hair dryer, no dingo worries...

That's why I use vinegar. Dingo's hate vinegar :lol:

Have you tried the E2-bottle yet?
I like the mod, at least that's another option for the poll.

Don't forget the syringe mod too (now that I finally made one).

syringe mod 3.jpg syringe mod 2.jpg syringe mod 1.jpg

I couldn't believe how strong the flavour was on this simple mod. Even though I was trying a new flavour (chocolate mint) it was blowing my socks off.

I later realized that the liquid you see was indeed a flavour, not a juice :facepalm:

But man it was strong. I retrieved it of course and put in some choc-cherry 'juice' and it is working perfectly. [2.5 ohm, r3.5, 510 mega battery]

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Did you have trouble getting the end with the phlanges over the cart...I just checked mine and no way it will go over it...

That's why I use vinegar. Dingo's hate vinegar :lol:

Don't forget the syringe mod too (now that I finally made one).

View attachment 22265 View attachment 22266 View attachment 22267

I couldn't believe how strong the flavour was on this simple mod. Even though I was trying a new flavour (chocolate mint) it was blowing my socks off.

I later realized that the liquid you see was indeed a flavour, not a juice :facepalm:

But man it was strong. I retrieved it of course and put in some choc-cherry 'juice' and it is working perfectly. [2.5 ohm, r3.5, 510 mega battery]

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Did you have trouble getting the end with the phlanges over the cart...I just checked mine and no way it will go over it...

No problem at all once I held the syringe tube in very hot water for a minute or so. Then it pushed in easy. I then ran cold water over the end and it sealed right up with no leaks at all. Just make sure your wicks a tucked in securely before putting it in.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
In your mod it appears you are using the syringe end for its own mouthpiece...and I guess with this mod you don't have a seal around the cup. In other thing...what about air flow....

No seals required, your correct.

I'm a bit (hand) incapacitated at the moment so I did the mod as easy as I could, and still get a working model.

I'm sure a lot of people would like to try this mod out but don't have the tools, skills or confidence to try the 'full mod'. This way you get to experience the mod with the minimum of fuss.

The only difficult bit is cutting the carto tube, and with a $5 tubecutter even that was easy. (Other than my first effort when I tightened the tubecutter too far - too fast and it squeezed the tube in and the whole assemble popped out of the bottom of the tube)

No airflow problem but I do get some condensation in the upper chamber. None has made it through the 'mouth piece' nozzle though.

Nice 'arjay', I see you didn't cut the syringe like most of us. That's where my issues are arising; the diameter increased enough at the base to where mine's leaking now. I'll make another and cut less.

These things do hit well though, very strong.

Why cut the base at all Turbo. This thing is as tight as a drum once it cools down. Absolutely no leaking through the base at all. I just pushed it in by hand when the syringe had been heated in the hot water, leaving only 1-2mmm of the carto tube sticking out.

I like having the flange on it as it stops me from dropping it, something to grip so to speak.

Strong, OMG. I just put 50% of a very light chocolate juice (almost no flavour) in with it and it still is quite strong, but much more vapable imo.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread