Poll on vaping in the workplace

Vaping in the workplace - what are you allowed to do?

• I can vape at work. Any time, any place.

• I can only vape during breaks

• I'm not allowed to vape at work at all

• I'm self-employed, so I vape when I please

• I only vape at home

• Other, tell us below

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I am self employed and can mostly vape when I want, but with our business we travel and when we are selling indoors I try to be aware of local restrictions. I also don't walk around vaping when working because I know there are people who would not understand what it is, why it is, and not have the time of day to listen, just to judge. So in those instances I stealth vape. Won't risk offending a potential customer for my personal pleasure. But if I see someone vaping away, I always strike up a conversation. Seeing more and more of us!

CritterBuddy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I work in a room with about 20 other people in short cubbies. I used to be able to vape at work for 2.5 years but respected not vaping in individual offices and always kept it discreet at my desk. This is a trucking company and I can't tell you how many drivers I have helped to convert to vaping as there are just too many. They still come see me on occasion and thank me for converting them and they do not have that smoke smell in their trucks any longer. I only use aromatic bakery juices at work and it used to be a game among my coworkers what flavor I was using that day. Unfortunately one of my coworkers converted but was too conspicuous in the way he vaped which started the crackdown. He always used a high VG juice and would blow huge plooms into the air and at other people. Another factor was an over zealous HR Manager. She convinced senior management without my knowledge that the 2nd hand vape was just as dangerous as 2nd hand smoke. Basicly, because vaping is not a FDA approved cessation activity it is now banned. I inquired of a few senior management members about it but basically was told it is not a "regulated" activity and they do not know what is in the 2nd hand vape. Sad, very sad situation so I now have to go outside just like smokers.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
So, vaping isn't specifically banned. But, since neither food, nor drink, are technically allowed at my desk at my primary job, i assume vaping probably isn't technically allowed either. But the restrictions aren't really enforced. At times i have to be somewhat careful, but most people don't care whether anyone does any of the three.

I can vape freely at my other job, and no one has a problem with it. It's a very small, non-corporate group, so it was easy to educate the owners and other employees.

Last edited:

Haps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Canada
I voted other. There's 3 of us. There's no official stance at work.

I believe it's best to not raise undo attention by vaping all over work. I do vape there but not if people are around. I don't do it in hallways or elevators etc.

One of the 3 does it a lot more openly and I worry it's only a matter of time until someone complains and it'll force management to step in and do something which I fear won't be desirable.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I'm pretty sure corporate wouldn't want me to vape in the office building but I work in IT and my cube is in a large room used for IT storage and bench work behind a closed door. so as long as nobody's in there with me I vape, there are 3 of us on my team in my location 1 guy I converted to vaping 2 years ago the other guy is a anti but rarely comes into the office. I try to vape only light flavors incase he walks in.

Last edited:

JamesEh408

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
San Jose Ca
I vape at my desk surrounded by sales people and 1 lady who does events or something. The sales guys don't care...the lady whines about everything. We all think she will leave our area one day but who knows. My sales director said the smell burnt his sinuses so I cut down and hold it in a bit longer.

The way I see it...if there isn't an official policy....I'm vapin breh

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
I work in the oilfields on a drilling rig, so smoking is a BIG no. That being said, I use my vaporizer on a daily basis, on the rig, around the rig, and in my office. Only one person has ever said anything (He said he didn't see why it would be a problem, but I probably shouldn't just in case).

I, as far as I know, was the first person in my office to start vaping 10 months ago. Since then I know of at least a dozen people that have quit smoking for vaporizers and even one person that likes it so much he is opening his own shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread