[POLL] What is your favorite wicking material?

What is your go-to wicking material?

• Koh Gen do organic cotton

• Shiseido organic cotton

• Muji organic cotton

• Cotton Labo organic cotton

• Rayon (Cellucotton)

• Cotton Bacon

• Generic cotton balls

• Silica

• Ekowool (hollow core)

• Ekowool (silica core)

• Ekowool (cotton core)

• Stainless steel mesh

• Stainless steel cable

• Organic Hemp

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Just curious what everyone's go-to wicking material for rebuilding is. I am currently experimenting with rebuilding Kanger coils and I have only tried silica and Ekowool(hollow core).

Also, has anyone noticed any difference between the organic cotton brands I have listed in the poll? I found a sampler pack of Koh Gen Do, Muji, and Cotton Labo on Amazon and was wondering if that was worth trying, or should I just get one brand and stick to it?

Links to the wicking materials listed:

Koh Gen Do organic cotton
Shiseido organic cotton
Muji organic cotton
Cotton Labo organic cotton
Rayon (Cellucotton)
Cotton Bacon
Generic cotton balls
Silica
Ekowool (hollow core)
Ekowool (silica core)
Ekowool (cotton core)
Stainless steel mesh
Stainless steel cable
Organic Hemp

If you have a better source for any of these, or I messed up the link to the correct product, please let me know.

Happy voting!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Here's better pricing on the cellucotton:

Graham Sanek CelluCotton 100% Cotton Coil

$14.99 for 3 lbs of cellucotton = Life-time supply:)

Amazon.com: Graham Professional Cellucotton 40 Ft. Box: Health & Personal Care

Amazon actually has it for slightly less, but after watching PBusardo's video on wicking materials, I thought that posting the smaller amount would be prudent. The big box would be enough for a lifetime supply for all the vapers on the East coast of the U.S. LOL

Skip to 6:00 for Cellucotton box unveiling...

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hemp and vertical coils in my R 91's and Taifuns. Dont know if you can do vertical in the kangers but good luck in your quest!!! :toast:

Actually, vertical coils are very doable in the Kangers. Fasttech even sells clone replacement heads that vertical coil. $4.89 Replacement Coil Heads for T3S / MT3 / MT3S / Protank and More (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

18R2v4m.jpg

Last edited:

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I rebuild my aspire bvc coils with Japanese cotton and like it, obviously.. Cause otherwise I wouldn't do it lol

For my taifun I use ... cotton through the coil, and a piece of ekowool on top of the coil, both coming out of the chimney holes at the same point. Without the top wick I get some popping and the hits aren't as smooth. I experiment with it when I see something interesting, but this setup brings the best results for me.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Hemp and vertical coils in my R 91's and Taifuns. Dont know if you can do vertical in the kangers but good luck in your quest!!! :toast:

I ran a mini PT3 for 6 months and Wife still uses a mini single coil Protank.. I have been rebuilding the Kangers both dual coil and single as the same single 1.8-2ohm vertical wicked with cotton ball since almost day 1.

Currently I use a Kayfun still using cotton balls. Prefer silica for flavor but cotton ball are easier to wick with, for me. Tried some of the "fancy" cotton, not worth the $$ when your changing wick every 1-2 days. Haven't tried Rayon, I will if I ever remember to stop at Sally's and get some, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread