OMp3v8J.jpg

Awesome pic Preloader! My sons favorite band is Ghost:thumbs:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi, yes, Susan answered the question about Murrini:). They are basically designs you make by layering glass, then pulling them out to the exact size you want, then slicing them to the thickness you want.

In my case, I didn't do anything, I read the note, ran outside to scrutinize my murrini collection. Grabbed some, washed em and threw them in the tank. They aren't firepolished or anything... they'd look better and be safer if they were tho, I did it in a hurry to check out the cute idea!!

Suggestion... not sure I'd buy raw murrini, because they are generally just cut with nippers, and teeny glass shards can chip off. What I did was NOT safe, I just wanted to see what it would look like. You should tell the glass person what you are going to do with it, and have them firepolish (melt the glass so it's a solid piece, not fragments that can break off anywhere)!!! Just floating them in your tank shouldn't cause that, but taking them out, bouncing them around outside can knock a glass shard loose. Glass splinters can be microscopic, so you definitely want to firepolish first!!

These look cute, if they are small enough. I can't tell the size from the picture.

full.jpg

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
I'm waiting to see what you do with the body you bought. When I saw the listing I thought immediately of you, but then remembered you were looking for a board, not a body. At least I think you were.

I'll have two bodies to play with. :rolleyes:

One V2.5 and one V2. I'm experiencing a lack of internals though, because the Power Pro cannabilized the guts of the Powdercoat project.

I suppose I should put up a WTB thread. In the meantime I'll keep my eye out for a low priced or damaged body ProV with working internals.

I wonder if ProVape will be receptive to selling me just the internals. I doubt it though.

EDIT: And yes, I sent KirF an email about the brass Varadero. I just placed an order last week for a couple KirF drip tips. The Zantos Ball should be sweet. I also got the polished SS tube for a Prive Special. It's going to be the crown jewel tank for the Chrome V2.

Last edited:

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
They are about as metal as Blue Oyster Cult. Which they are often compared to. Year Zero is a good song to check out.

I saw them at the Fox last year. They came on before Mastodon and Opeth, and actually put on a better show than them.

Papa Emeritus swung a smoking Thurible throughout the entire set, which I'm sure Ocelot would appreciate.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
They are about as metal as Blue Oyster Cult. Which they are often compared to. Year Zero is a good song to check out.

I saw them at the Fox last year. They came on before Mastodon and Opeth, and actually put on a better show than them.

Papa Emeritus swung a smoking Thurible throughout the entire set, which I'm sure Ocelot would appreciate.

Sweet. Back in my music days we opened up for Mastodon, great band. I think I've only heard one song by Opeth which I dug. I played mostly grunge punk & death metal but I'm into nearly everything except for pop 'music' (including the pop singers wearing cowboy hats calling themselves country). Some more than others, but there's a lot of genre's out there that have great things happening.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
These look cute, if they are small enough. I can't tell the size from the picture.

full.jpg

Those are adorable!!! But you'd have to be REALLY tiny to fit in a tank... I'd say no thicker than 5mm, and that's for the thickest... glass things get small, but that's REALLY small. It's truly hard to get glass that small, which is why Murrini is the best idea:).

sweet tea

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2013
Lexington, NC, USA

My son saw them on this same tour in Charlotte, NC. First time he had seen them and they became his favorite.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
That's a pretty tip Jetcity:).

I just got done torching some murrini. Wow... that was hard, and I think it damaged one of my graphite paddles. The darn things are TINY. I also tried to make some glass core liners.... everything's in the kiln, so won't know til tomorrow how they turned out.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I NEED A Veradero! KirF is a tankmaster. I need to email him and ask if the brass version will ever come back in stock.
I have two new KirF tanks and angel telescoping driptips but waiting on some new juices as I want to love and hope to love the new juice that will be poureth into the stellar provari made tanks!! I shall then post pics of these masterpieces, IMOH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread