Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Does it interfere with the fill hole screw/ Can't tell by the picture?
That's the Zantos, that Kir Fanis makes, so I'm sure it does fit a Prive.
I was asking about the Gemini, from Atmistique, which is shaped different, with the wide part right at the tank top...
Similar, but different!

Zantos
zantos-a-special-drip-for-provari.jpg

Gemini
gemini-atmistique-drip-tip-510x652.jpeg

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
They are spectacular tanks in appearance, build quality and vape. I put a WTB on the classies and the offers were abundant.

Thanks for the idea! I just got my verified status last evening so I hadn't even thought about that. Has anyone tried putting their caps on a glass tube from another vendor?

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
You may be able to get a custom tube from IBTanked. They have many different sizes available with varying thicknesses and inside diameters. They make you buy three at a time when you get them custom cut like that.

For the fill screw, I know its convenient and all, but is it really necessary? If I had one with a gemeni drip tip, I'd just plug the fill hole with a set screw or something. That drip tip was made for a Prive... It's just a low down shame to not be able to use it!

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Firstly, I was nervous about international orders myself.

KirF stuff from GR-modders came faster than my stuff from ProVape, and his play by play emails made me feel comforted.

Glass tanks will be hard to find for KirFs, his pmma tubes thin out at the caps. You won't find glass tubes that thin. You may find glass tubes that work, but they will hang out over the edges of the caps.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Firstly, I was nervous about international orders myself.

KirF stuff from GR-modders came faster than my stuff from ProVape, and his play by play emails made me feel comforted.

Glass tanks will be hard to find for KirFs, his pmma tubes thin out at the caps. You won't find glass tubes that thin. You may find glass tubes that work, but they will hang out over the edges of the caps.

Any other of my hopes & dreams you'd like to shatter this morning? :glare:

Good to know before I found out the hard way.

Telly R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Vape Room, NC
The Kir Fanis tanks look spectacular, but I don't like the fact that I can't get them in glass & I'm not too enthused about ordering from a non US company or at least importer. International law is kind of weird like that & it just makes me feel a little better to know that I'm somewhat covered.]

I totally understand your concern. The issue is not with international laws (aside an embargo); it's with potential Customs delays. Funny (actually ironic) is that I've ordered a plethora of items from outside of the US (not China.;-)) and in several of these instances, I have actually received the item before some of our own national vendors/suppliers... And when I have gotten notices of any potential payment card "mishandling" or personal identifiable information "compromise", it has (unfortunately) been from our own vendors/suppliers.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Maybe he'll make more Veradera's. Lovely tank, perfect Pro-styling, no top fill screw:)
P1020285.jpg

You may be able to get a custom tube from IBTanked. They have many different sizes available with varying thicknesses and inside diameters. They make you buy three at a time when you get them custom cut like that.

For the fill screw, I know its convenient and all, but is it really necessary? If I had one with a gemeni drip tip, I'd just plug the fill hole with a set screw or something. That drip tip was made for a Prive... It's just a low down shame to not be able to use it!

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea

Still can't find anyone with Borosilicate stock that fits the KirFs. I did order custom cut Quartz glass and when it gets here I'll show if it works of not. It will not hang out over the edges of the caps but the diameter and thickness is similar to the SnP quartz tanks. Several people have commented on how fragile those are. We'll see...

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Still can't find anyone with Borosilicate stock that fits the KirFs. I did order custom cut Quartz glass and when it gets here I'll show if it works of not. It will not hang out over the edges of the caps but the diameter and thickness is similar to the SnP quartz tanks. Several people have commented on how fragile those are. We'll see...

Do you have the measurements for Inner Diameter, Outer Diameter, and glass wall thickness for it? Plus a pix? It might be a molded tank. The ProTank has this goofy indent at the top... and the tank glass itself is super thin to accomodate a tool to shape the top with the indent. Makes it REALLY hard to make a replacement tank for. Is the KirF like that? I don't even know what a KirF looks like:).

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Wow - that looks EXACTLY like a Prive, except the top, that has no fill hole.
The only "clones" I saw were nowhere near that close (and I don't think I want a clone tank anyway...).

Could get one of these... No fill hole and looks nearly as good as a KirF. I don't know what it is or where to get one but it's probably a KirF clone. I got it from a guy locally through Craigslist.

Telly R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Vape Room, NC
Wow - that looks EXACTLY like a Prive, except the top, that has no fill hole.
The only "clones" I saw were nowhere near that close (and I don't think I want a clone tank anyway...).

Me neither... authentic gear its what I am after.... but was wondering from darkgear's post... but I am with you, that Veradero is a must have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread