Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Look up Riptrippers youtube on setting up a porous ceramic genesis wick... its the one with the cheesecloth wrap under the coil.
I do it on my ss mesh too.... works every single time... no hot spots ( i use sub 1.0 ohm with 30 or 28g so for your provari i'd stick with either 32g and 3/4 wrap or 30g and a 4 wrap ie.)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
another possibility is a cut in the mesh. if you have been pulsing and oxidizing and at the same time maybe one of the coils were to tight, it is possible that the heat from the coil can actually make a cut in the mesh. this might only show up as you torch it, as the wick glows you can see it. at this point i would make another wick and start again. its not the device brother, this is an issue in the build and is the most popular post in this thread. if you go back and look at all the posts in this thread you will see this very same issue in the aga asked a hundred times. it takes time to get it just right but once you do it becomes easy. even a tiny frey in the mesh can cause an issue. do you fold a flap? i tell you one thing, when i vaped ss mesh exclusively, about 5 months ago, i used to oxidize my wicks, i would pre-oxidize, then roll, then juice burn, then more oxidize, then more juice burns. i oxidized pretty good and once i perfected this i never had any issues. but now with this pulse oxidize method on a mechanical mod, its super easy. just roll up a piece of mesh and insert it into the wick hole, coil it and pulse the mod until all glows, it a lot easier then oxidizing the wick with a torch. i know you only have the provari and this wont work unless you have a mechanical mod, but maybe something to think about. also the small washers at this point will work good, just go to ace hardware and buy some small washers. didn't you say your pp nuts are stripped? if your connection is loose?

schotzky

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Kansas
Look up Riptrippers youtube on setting up a porous ceramic genesis wick... its the one with the cheesecloth wrap under the coil.
I do it on my ss mesh too.... works every single time... no hot spots ( i use sub 1.0 ohm with 30 or 28g so for your provari i'd stick with either 32g and 3/4 wrap or 30g and a 4 wrap ie.)
I shall look into that.

04stinugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
San Deigo
10$ says if you tighten the nuts together with pliers that hotspot works itself out shortly. I every single time have the same issue on my aga and every single time I just tighten the stupid thumb nuts together with my ecig supply box multitools and within 3 pulses the spots goes away. hope this helps.

Jeremy Evans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Columbus, Georgia, United States
I noticed my spool of 28g says "28g Kanthal A-1 Annealed" and coils with it lately have been a complete PITA. I haven't changed the way I've made coils but now I'm having a hell of a time with it.

If you buy a spool from Temco, it will always say that

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Well I just made a new wick, folded the edge and thoroughly oxidized it, wrapped a new coil. Everything was working fine, all coils glowing, no shorts. Then I added the juice the burn some carbon under the coils and that ruined it. Starting shorting out and not working.

if you get one of those small washers from ace install it between the top 2 nuts and attach the wire under this washer. have you tried to bend over the wick slightly? before you coil the wick, make a slight bend in it, just a little bit so its slightly closer to the pp. then coil it . sometimes you can bend it over with the coils in place but that sometimes adds tension to the inside of the wire on the top wrap. in any case whether the wick is slightly pushed over or you add a washer this helps the top hot spot because the distance in the aga is just a little to far. although I have never tried it, I have heard that if you wrap the wire around the pp a couple of times this also helps. I have always just brought the wire around the nuts about 3/4 of the way. so maybe try to totally circle around the nuts 2 x's and see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread