POSITIVE NEWS...yes actual positive news..

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Idea

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 24, 2009
Northeast Pennsylvania

Seems legit and scientific - heres a snippit from the referenced Time magazine link:

Its discovery was accidental. Dr. Robertson and his colleagues were trying out another possible germicide—a detergent or "soapless soap" (similar to Dreft, Aerosol and other products widely sold for household and industrial use). Water solutions of the detergent were only mildly effective, so the researchers tried solutions of detergents in propylene glycol, which is a sort of thin glycerine. Results were much better. Then the researchers found that the propylene glycol itself was a potent germicide. One part of glycol in 2,000,000 parts of air would—within a few seconds—kill concentrations of air-suspended pneumococci, streptococci and other bacteria numbering millions to the cubic foot.
How did it work? Respiratory disease bacteria float about in tiny droplets of water breathed, sneezed and coughed from human beings. The germicidal glycol also floats in infinitesimally small particles. Calculations showed that if droplet had to hit droplet, it would take two to 200 hours for sterilization of sprayed air to take place. Since sterilization took place in seconds, Dr. Robertson concluded that the glycol droplets must give off gas molecules which dissolve in the water droplets and kill the germs within them.

Read more: Medicine: Air Germicide - TIME

This is remarkable, although it may give the FDA a potential reason to regulate PG as a curative substance.

tobacco smoke on the other hand greatly increases a person susceptibility to infection and illness.

SquirrilahFish

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Honolulu
its both, an add, and info
one thing that I have found troubling about the ecig world is how many people out there are just trying to make a quick buck, huslers and such.
These guys put out an informitive "article" about one of the benefits of vaping, then tag their add at the end, this to me almost negates the positives of the add. A smart person would look at this and say, "their just trying to sell their product"
Its these same kind of people that tried putting ...... into their ecigs.
Its understandable to want to make money, but these people dont care about smokers any more than tobacco companies do. They hurt the cause in the long run, IMO

General Idea

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 24, 2009
Northeast Pennsylvania
I'm not sure why Reuter's would include a tagline plug for any brand - perhaps it's their policy to do so in order to cite their source. Perhaps it's a paid add which makes no sense and we can all disagree with. At the end of the day there are a lot of ecig ads out there I could care less about.

BUT...

The time magazine artice has no ads. It doesn't mention the ecig either. I think what it does say is absolutely an astonishing game-changer though.

Maybe I should get a bunch of super cheap disposeable ecigs and donate them to the local hospital as a humanitarian experiment. I'd probably get a write-off.

Just think of all the money spent on H1N1 vaccine that has to be kept within a certain temperature range or it becomes ineffective and they throw it away.

General Idea

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 24, 2009
Northeast Pennsylvania
The times article is from 1942, its a known.

Also, reuters got it through PR Newswire - its a press release. Reuters gets those submitted on the regular.

I just noticed the 1942 part... ::sigh:: I'm a little relieved.

Can't believe 67 yr old research got such a rise out of me. On a marketing level I am surprised I haven't seen more of this property of PG.

I'll shut up now...:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread