Possible cure for vapor's tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JColt

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2013
USA
Biotene gum? Hmmmm checking it out

Actually any gum helps me but spearmint and cinnamon gum really perks it up. Funny thing, I could not vape menthol. I had won a huge bottle and was going to give it to friend. I thought I'd try one last tank full. I was chewing spearmint gum and vaping the menthol. I loved it!, lol.

Rifty

Aug 14, 2013
United States
Try some ginger if you're not into spicy stuff.

My stomach can't take spicy stuff without going nuclear... But ginger otoh is a different story.. What kind of ginger we talking here? The kind they give you with sushi? Or good ol' ginger root?

This is an interesting theory, as I hadnt heard of vapor's tongue until this post.. Here I thought i needed to reroll a new SS Mesh wick every time I noticed a loss in flavor... Maybe I just needed a refreshed palate!

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The ''vapor's tongue" is very common to new vapors. Best cures are to hydrate, hydrate and hydrate! Also any food or drink with an acidic ingredient seems to reactive your Taste buds enough to enjoy your tasty juices again. So what are you waiting for? Go get a glass of water to drink with your jalapeños!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

econofast

Jul 29, 2013
Boston, MA
All of this talk of vape tongue subconsciously convinced me to buy a jar of pepperoncinis. Now I remember why I loved them so much as a kid! I had a slight case of it before switching from cigalikes to something with real vapor, although that was also very soon after quitting analogs. So it could be either/both.

I have also found that my favorite adult beverage (vesper with olives, shaken, not stirred) seems to clear out any tongue exhaustion. If vodka is good enough to clean out a clearo, I bet it works on tongues. :)

Robmidi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Fresno, CA, USA
I realize this is an old forum, but I had to comment. Like Dude, jalapenos in your oatmeal??? This is wrong on SO MANY levels lol. I've had the same problem, and I found that hydration is ultra important, and also changing from a fruit type liquid to a tobacco type very well also bring your buds back. This is exactly why, for me anyway, there is no such thing as an ADV.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Scrotaur

Jan 4, 2014
Oakville, CT 06779
This worked for me for the last 26 hours. Last nite I ate some TGI Friday's Nacho Topper's with some corn chips. The Jalapeno's were VERY HOT. Continued my evening drinking beer and sipping gin which always makes my juice taste 50% better. This morning when I started vaping (8 flavors rotating) I was shocked at the realism of the 8 juices. Its now been 26 hours and my taste buds are still tasting 150%. I don't know if this is what changed the taste buds or not. I've been vaping for 4 months and this is the best taste yet. Wonder how long this will last? If I have to burn out the tongue every week I will do it for this kind of flavor.

Dana

Was it the gin? I find gin makes everything better except decision making.

I have some Carolina Reapers growing in the backyard. I'll happily let someone eat one and let me know if it improves their juice flavor.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sour seems to work as well, after 2.5 tanks over 3 days my Epic Juice Yosi seemed flat and tasteless (played with voltage and even threw a new coil in with no improvement) and I wasn't really sure how I'd finish the .5 of a tank I had sitting. Today I picked up some store brand Sour Raspberry from my local store (pretty decent, but nothing really spectacular) and after using that for a bit threw the top coil clearomizor I was blaming for the yosi tasting meh and gave it another try. It was just like the 1st time I'd tried it, even with the less than awesome tank the yosi tasted amazing again.

Last edited:

MadHacker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I never vape the same flavor in a tank twice, constantly rotating.
and I find that sometimes by the time I get close to the end of a tank, I need to switch to another because the tank gets hot, then it produces little vapor. I chain vape a lot.

I vape with PT2s
so when the tank gets low I put it on a ego twist, and start vaping the next tank.
once my initial tank gets cool enough I vape it until it no longer generates enough vapor due to heat and I let it rest.
so a lot of times I'm vaping 2 different flavors at once.

I rebuilt my atomizers and use cotton wicks, so I just clean out my tanks when done, remove the old wick, do a dry burn and pop in a new wick and I'm ready to fill it with a new flavor when the time comes. No flavor cross over that way either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread