Possible end to Kayfun style leaks and floods

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by ancientgeek, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ancientgeek

ancientgeek Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've read a lot of posts recounting leak and flooding events in Kayfun/Russian style atomizers. I have a KFL+, 2 Russian 91% and two KFL+ / Russin 91% Clones from FT. I noticed that the Original KFL+ had a slight bevel on the top of the chimney cap. This allow this piece ti smoothly slip into the top cap o-ring and ensure a good seal. None of my other Kayfun style atomizers had this bevel. It seemed like a good idea and it worked for the KFL+, so I slightly beveled the chimney top on all the others. Net result, not had a leak or flood in any of them since. Of course I do always check to make the top cap o-ring is in place before reassembly.

2. Mitey F

Mitey F Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Once the chimney is seated on/in the o-ring, it won't matter if there is a bevel or not. If all of your KF's were leaking and you beveled them and now they're not, I suspect something else is going on... There is no reason I can think of for this to be a cause/effect situation.

3. ancientgeek

ancientgeek Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

True, but the beveling does ease the wear and tear on that o-ring by not forcing the squared end into the o-ring. This is more of a preventative maintenance action.

4. scrappy

scrappy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I wonder if the bevel could prevent the o-ring from twisting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.