Possible to extract nicotine from vegetables (eggplants, etc.)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
Yeah, I know tobacco has was more nicotine than other plants. But I've also heard that at least some vegetables (for some reason, eggplant sticks in my mind, also green peppers and tomatoes) also have some nicotine naturally.

So...I think it be neat if someone figured out how to extract nicotine from other vegetables so that the whole debate about 'tobacco products' would just sort of disappear.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Good Idea but from what Ive read it takes 20 lbs of egg plant to have the same amount of nicotine as a cigarette. It would take 150 to 200+ pounds of things like tomatoes, green peppers, and potatoes. Its really more of an argument some people throw out there. While it is true its not very realistic to use those as a source for nicotine.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

So...I think it be neat if someone figured out how to extract nicotine from other vegetables so that the whole debate about 'tobacco products' would just sort of disappear.

It would.

But we would All need to get Big Trucks to haul around all those Veggies.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If I had a big truck full of tomatoes... instead of extracting nicotine, I would make ketchup, tomato sauce/puree/paste, etc, and bring home more money than I would be able to from refining a process to extract nicotine.

Yeah... But you Can't vape Ketchup.

Or Can You?

:blink:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
IMG_1051.jpg
Ketchup on a .3 OHM coil in a geny its hard to wick I had to use #5 SS mesh and vape hanging up side down but wow!!!! TH is awesome! But Im getting a craving for hotdogs!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 83

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA

The fact that tobacco leaves contain nicotine isn't the problem. It's the burning of said leaves to deliver the nicotine that's the problem. When burned, tobacco leaves deliver a lot more than nicotine. There's tar, carbon monoxide, carcinogens, etc.

Just because we switched to electronic cigarettes doesn't mean we don't still put money in the pockets of tobacco farmers. The nicotine that's diluted in our e-liquid is extracted from tobacco leaves. However, the way we deliver the nicotine to our bloodstream is far less harmful than combustion.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I'm in the suburbs of Chicago. Ketchup on a hot dog is blasphemy around these parts.

My Dad saved the creator of the profile of the chicago dog life. while working on his boat early am, he fell in the harbor, they run electrical wiring underside by the dock, his leg was entwined and twisted in them. He was in the water for 3-4 hours and took his oath to life, closed his eyes and went under. My Dad pulled up, jumped in after him a few secs later.. Free skating (he owned several skating rinks) and hotdogs for life, for my sis and I, but he was sweet on her, she got polishes.. lol Strange, only took him up on his offer once or twice lol..

01-chicago-hotdog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread