Possible to receive Tainted Ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcdew67

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Nashville,TN
I order Unflavored ejuice with 12% Nicotine and mix in the flavoring I enjoy.

I recently ordered some from a different company but they only had it in 24% Nicotine.

I mix it and cut it down to 12% Nic.
I made one batch with RY4 and the other with Menthol.

When you inhale a puff of either you get a small shortness of breath almost each time, it causes a slight ache in your chest after you vape it for a day, I let 6 other people try the two batches and all said the same thing I did.

I have been DIY like this for 3 years and have never had this problem with ejuice,in the 5 years of vaping I have never had this issue of even vendor made, flavored ejuice.

If it was just one or two people that had these reaction I would just think it is them but six people have had the same reaction so it isn't that.
We all use Evods with 1.8ohm coils and regular ego batteries.

I have used other companies before with no problems.

I thought it might be that they might have had the Nicotine much higher than stated so I went even farther and diluted it down drastically,literally cutting it down to 6mg Nic and while the effects were lessened instead of every puff it was after several puffs.

Is it possable to recieve tainted ejuice?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
It's very possible that you got nic higher than what you ordered. If you heard about the Box Elder scare you would be testing your nic before you use it. Test kits are inexpensive. If you haven't tested it yet please do so ASAP.

Edit: As far as tainted, yes that is possible also. People make mistakes. I always smell my nic before I do anything with it.

Last edited:

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Agree with tmcase.

If you're having a reaction, it's possible that you a stronger dose that you were expecting. Definitely invest in a titration kit to test your nic levels.

Also, consider that perhaps your PG/VG or flavorings could be causing an issue as well. While the nic is certainly important to check and make sure, since it is the most dangerous, the other components shouldn't be overlooked.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
First your numbers are a bit concerning as 24% nicotine is 240mg/ml and 12% is 120mg/ml. So hopefully your just a bit confused and they really should be 2.4% (24mg) and 1.2% (12mg). Second you should test all nicotine base you receive, the test kits are inexpensive and will prevent a dangerous situation. I would contact the vendor and let them know your concerns. Is anything else you used also a newly purchased item, flavors, menthol, PG, VG?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I don't know what to suggest because based on the percentages you are quoting nothing else makes any sense. As AzPlumber pointed out if you really managed to order 24% nic liquid... well that's just nuts to begin with. And if it really is 24% nic then your calculations trying to drop that to 6 mg/ml will be way, way off as well.

If you really meant you ordered 24 mg/ml - aka 2.4 % - I would suggest asking the questions again with the corrected nic information.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Is it possable to recieve tainted ejuice?

of course it is *possible*. Does it have a batch number on the nic solution? I would let the vendor know so they can research it.

If no batch numbers, I wouldn't buy from them again. There is no way to do real quality control unless you can control stuff, and batch numbers give the vendor and the customer something to refer to.

But please, do give them a call. If they are at all consciencious they will want to know about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread