Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
my friends son asked if I can help him to build a school project , So he decided he wanted a gumball / mini m&m dispenser. we're just about completed. He just has to assemble it tomorrow. The Aga is sitting in a removable 3/4" Copper Cap.. lol

It was a perfect holder for the picture.. hahah

2hcg314.jpg

r0rpt3.jpg

Reactions: OhTheAgony

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
View attachment 179922

Chalice coil: 30 awg Kanthal A1 1.21ohms

looks great. i will try this shape coil for my A7. the first two builds i did with the A7, i had the coil running in between the two posts instead of throught them, like yours. im gonna try that sutup. mine is great, but im betting your style setup will allow better wicking. my wick curently wraps around the posts kinda, hindering flow, i believe.

also i gotta try this unoxidized thing on my gennys. are you guys doing juice burns, or just straight pulsing to get em up and running?

45root

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
montgomery, AL
looks great. i will try this shape coil for my A7. the first two builds i did with the A7, i had the coil running in between the two posts instead of throught them, like yours. im gonna try that sutup. mine is great, but im betting your style setup will allow better wicking. my wick curently wraps around the posts kinda, hindering flow, i believe.

also i gotta try this unoxidized thing on my gennys. are you guys doing juice burns, or just straight pulsing to get em up and running?

I am doing it by pulsing only.

KillTheNoise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
Richmond, VA
i see my pluid in there. nice job,

Hah yeah that's it! :D Loving the hell out of it...I've totally abandoned my other juices, unintentionally, for the moment!

is that an unoxidized wick?

Yes it is, haven't looked back at oxidized ones since Thrasher gave me the insight on setting them up. I love that man...

unowner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2012
Norfolk, VA
what a difference it makes, no need to poke around the coils or torch the wick!! i just wrap my coil around 3/32 drill bit, drop in my SS wick and let the coil oxidize the wick! it was really amazing to watch it do its work... i just simply kept pulsing til the coil glow nice and evenly... it may ahve taken little longer(?) than the traditional oxidized wick setup, but i liked the fact that i didnt have to poke and prod at the coil!

Q3B1hae.jpg

Reactions: OhTheAgony
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread