Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
haha no worries, you can do a youtube search for 'diy bobbing holder' i will post some pics to show you how it can help.

i was also mentioning syringe needle to you cus you can bend your coil legs with them to get your coils centered in the atty
nice tip! I'll try it latter!

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
haha no worries, you can do a youtube search for 'diy bobbing holder' i will post some pics to show you how it can help.

i was also mentioning syringe needle to you cus you can bend your coil legs with them to get your coils centered in the atty

I tried to bend them with nylon tipped pliers like squidoode does but I was afraid of stretching the outer wraps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I tried to bend them with nylon tipped pliers like squidoode does but I was afraid of stretching the outer wraps

yes sorry i ment bend the legs before you install, it is possible to do a sleeper build and bend them as your installing. Bending legs on a parallel coil and fused claps is much more possible using syringe needle, is why i said, and they are real cheap. I think its a green colored one i use :)

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
i don t remember if i posted a pic of these coils but its the longest ive gone on the same coils, its stapled claptons 24g and 2 strands 0.05 ribbon claptoned with either 0.1 or 0.2 n80. is an awsome vape and is very close taste wise to the reversed stapled clapton i made but not sure if it isnt as good becouse its an older coil, i will have to make new ones of both builds as soon as i get me vapecom attys in a couple of days

Reactions: etherealink

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Idk how. Idk why. But today I did it. I was able to wrap a whole usable length of clapton and fused clapton wire just using my fingers!
Maybe it's these new rdas that inspired me!

6688dcb784210d7403458ae87b78244c.jpg

[/IMG]
388a7f7d2c92ff87bff9de110d052469.jpg

Posted wrong pic initially.

Last edited:

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Thanks. I just found the groove and fought the immense cramp forming in both my hands for about 5 minutes and wala

I didn't think my fused claptons would end up so low resistance (0.2 on my ohm meter, 0.1 on my sigelei 150w) I used 26g N80 for the core. Was shooting for around 0.25 or so since I'm using on a regulated mod.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Oddly enough I've still never tried a clapton lol. I'm stuck on this braided wire
Braided or twisted?

You know what's funny. I went from vaping on a fused clapton build for two days to a regular clapton build and it tasted like the flavor was so watered down. Now it may just be my build but I'm worried I got so spoiled with the flavor of a fused clapton that anything less is so lacking to me now in flavor.

NahkriinKrosis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
texas
The resistance doesn't seem right given your specs... My 6 wraps 3/32 26ga gives me 0.6 to 0.7 ohms.

Checked on steam engine, and it says you'll need 4 wraps each to get 0.2 to 0.3 ohms too at 3mm id

EDIT: unless you're not using kanthal..?

Burping out loud using Tapatalk
He said 3mm lol not 3/32
[emoji38]

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
JWO1B3W.jpg

KSFGCF1.jpg

71fRZVz.jpg

like someone above, did my first handwrapped clapton coil with no drill. was a PITA :-x my fingers hurt so much :cry:

Dual coil clapton for Temp Control, 28g nickel wrapped around 24g kanthal. on my fancy shmancy new hazematic revolt RDA deck, ontop of a fancy shmancy atomizer base holder :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I've been having trouble finding builds (other than simple micro /macro coils that won't pop or spit back as much as claptons and twisted builds do in my twisted messes rda and El cabron rda. I really want to use the big included metal chuff caps but I find the spit back with even fused claptons can sometimes be unbearable. [emoji30]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread