Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I like it crazy :) it kind of looks like a build i did but i mine was something like 50 or so strands of thin wire incased instead.

Hey Tom, yeah the para i have done it lots but some things i dont know the name of, partly due to not going to IG maybe :unsure: But i know now :D i have a iphone 6s coming maybe tomor so can get my arss on IG finally! hahahaa

This is the picture of my first attempt in fused clapton coil. Read as 0.5 ohm, built with 26 gauge and 32 gauge kanthals. Imperfections here and there, but works well. The taste, is just, fantastic in this thing.

Attachments

• 14488541413831488392581.jpg
    14488541413831488392581.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 72

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Attention builders: LightningVapes is 40% off site wide today with coupon code CYBERMONDAY

This is the picture of my first attempt in fused clapton coil. Read as 0.5 ohm, built with 26 gauge and 32 gauge kanthals. Imperfections here and there, but works well. The taste, is just, fantastic in this thing.
Looks great for a first attempt! One of the imperfections, that twist in the wrap, is easy to fix. To straighten it out, use pliers while you're wrapping it and just kinda give the wire a twist to whichever direction it'll lay flat with the rest of the wrap.
@SLIPPY_EEL good! Make an Instagram already haha, you've got some good builds, but honestly, it makes me feel awful sometimes because of how other people's builds make mine look pedestrian....it gets me all sad and stuff (sarcasm). The real thing that's killing me is waiting on Kennedy to get my K24 back already :/

Last edited:

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I suppose its a bit like when you try anything for the first time it tastes strong for a while, wicks included. Its funny, i only get a metal taste with kanth & nichrome as ive been vaping ss317l for so long :D

Do you do contact, dry-burned for your SS, slippy?

If so, what color do you heat your SS to? Do you rinse it after?

After I dry-burned and squeezed my build above, it doesn't show in the pic, but it looked all brown/blue and "spotty". Idk, it looked funky.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
2 or 3 cores of the 24?

Just 2 strands of 24g SS for the core. Does it look like 3? It's huge enough. I spaced it so I wouldn't have to dry-burn it. there are wraps that do touch slightly underneath but whatever. It's been working fine in TC on my VT200. Came out to 0.09 ohms.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Do you do contact, dry-burned for your SS, slippy?

If so, what color do you heat your SS to? Do you rinse it after?

After I dry-burned and squeezed my build above, it doesn't show in the pic, but it looked all brown/blue and "spotty". Idk, it looked funky.

I normally wrap contacts with the ss317l although sometimes after fine tuning the coils positions they may end up non contacting, i dont worry to much, either way or a bit of both is fine and then i pulse it on say 50w while strumming etc to get her firing evenly.
i'm using 24g 7wraps on 2.5mm id atm at around 75-80w.
i try to pulse it as little as possible, the legs go a little blue and the wraps just go a little dull, i will take a pic tomor so you can see, i dont rinse it but i do normally fire the wicks almost dry after the first juice up.

ive only had what you describe with the funky stuff after re-wicking an older coil, the dry burning between old and new wicking.

how many ohms is that last build you posted? im at 0.2ohms and what wattage are you using ..

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Here ya are jj i managed to pull myself away from call of duty lol, you can see a colour dif in the legs they look greyish on the pic but in certain light they look dark blue and the coil wraps are really light tan colour ..

these coils are basic but so soo Yummy :D

What program or free download are most of the guys using to edit pictures?? i want to try it.

Reactions: MattyTny

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I normally wrap contacts with the ss317l although sometimes after fine tuning the coils positions they may end up non contacting, i dont worry to much, either way or a bit of both is fine and then i pulse it on say 50w while strumming etc to get her firing evenly.
i'm using 24g 7wraps on 2.5mm id atm at around 75-80w.
i try to pulse it as little as possible, the legs go a little blue and the wraps just go a little dull, i will take a pic tomor so you can see, i dont rinse it but i do normally fire the wicks almost dry after the first juice up.

ive only had what you describe with the funky stuff after re-wicking an older coil, the dry burning between old and new wicking.

how many ohms is that last build you posted? im at 0.2ohms and what wattage are you using ..

It's steady at 0.09 ohms and I vape it at 92.5 watts and 470 degrees no preheat in a DNA200 to get minimal ramp up and no dry hits. Well, I get close to dry hits but not true dry hits. On a regular spaced SS build with this profile I usually vape around 550 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
cool

Looks good and any imperfections only add more taste :D

Reactions: hiya0412

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Hey Superf, you use a editing program sometimes for your pics? anyone know any free software that is good?

I have used ImageForge Pro for work for years. Unfortunatly it has been discontinued, but the non Pro versions were free with no code needed, have almost all the same capability, can be found on various download sites still. No cost to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread