Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenter

Mar 1, 2016
BC, Canada
A while ago I posted that I tried a twisted build in my lush but didn't like it due to spit back and got some helpful suggestions as always. Finally tried it again with more wick than I thought possible to fit through the coils and got it to work like a dream.

4 wraps of dual strand twisted 26ga SS316L around the standard blue (in my case black) screwdriver. Came out to .15 ohms. Not as beautiful as most of the builds in here but it works!

2312016212358.jpg

Vapenter

Mar 1, 2016
BC, Canada
Hello @Vapenter :) hey man dont sell your self short, they look better than my first twisted coils, if i can make a suggestion, maybe give them a few more spins to tighten up the twist, Happy vaping!

Haha thanks! Not my first twisted build but it is my second in an RDA, first that worked well. Love em in my tanks but I hadn't wicked them super tight before. Works a lot better, that's for sure.

Back to civilization in a couple days, definitely will try twisting it up tighter, thanks for the suggestion. :)

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Any of you guys ever use "Genuine Kbee's" stainless steel wire or any of their wire for that matter? It's supposedly a vape wire brand but I've never heard of them and could only find them being sold on Amazon. Only reason I came across it is I had to add something to an order to make the total enough to get free shipping so I searched for SS wire.

To my surprise, they had 36 gauge 316L! I haven't found 316 in that small of a gauge anywhere. Makes me kind of skeptical of its legitimacy...

Last time I ordered some SS that small for claptons they "rusted" immediately and I haven't tried again. That was 304 though so Idk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mistaree

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Hey USM, what ID do you usually build on your Tsunami. I finally got mine. Kind of upset because I had to switch my order from black to SS just to get it before May... But whatever, I like it.

I ask because I've had it leak on me already. My first build is a spaced all SS fused clapton dual with 2.5 mm ID positioned right over the airholes. I refuse to "paint" my coils. I want to drip through the top and I know it's possible because I used to do it when I had a Kennedy.

7b2067ad27ac395fefbcaaf4f8f8c511.jpg

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Don't snap your Allen Key torquing that bad boy down, Slippy[emoji12]

Wharf matey hahahaa :) , no chance of that, the stupid grub screws want to round off before that happen's, even with after market's and the right size key!

i'm very delicate with my toys these days :p

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Wharf matey hahahaa :) , no chance of that, the stupid grub screws want to round off before that happen's, even with after market's and the right size key!

i'm very delicate with my toys these days [emoji14]
Slippy, what mod box is that. Looks quite fancy mate[emoji7]

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

CrazyChef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 9, 2015
    Worcester, MA USA
    I don't have the time to build fancy atm but this 21g n80 at 2.5id has been doing some good work ;)
    Ain't nothing wrong with non-fancy builds. Sometimes I prefer a country girl over a city girl! :thumb:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    Slippy, what mod box is that. Looks quite fancy mate[emoji7]

MCV Raptor T6, Yeah she's sexy :wub: The Al version i had hit as hard as the Cu version at 0.15ohms.... if you think that your likely to go hotter than this at any time down the line then the copper version would be a better choice than the aluminium as you will get less VD :thumb:

Reactions: WharfRat1976

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
    Jul 21, 2015
    26awg 316l SS around SS mesh. Easily my tamest build at .45 ohms, but is well suited to the Veritas since it is about as restrictive I can go for a direct to lung atty.
    I quit doing complex builds since while I think they look nice, they are a placebo and take too long to make for me to bother with them more than once a month or so, I still understand the bug, I just don't buy into the hype.
    I like builds that work equally well with mech, variable voltage, or temp control. I like an atomizer that reacts instantaneously to power and cools off quickly, so naked wire is unbeatable.
    I've done this coil build with cotton and rayon, I'm starting to think a well made mesh wick is better than either. I don't think I ever got vapor density and flavor like this with any other coil build or wick material.

IMG_20160415_091838.jpg

Ladies and gentleman, I may be sold on inorganic wick.

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 15, 2010
    Hampton, Virginia
    Ain't nothing wrong with non-fancy builds. Sometimes I prefer a country girl over a city girl!

[emoji4] Every bone in my fiber is saying "Leave it alone Mell, don't do it..." [emoji3] [emoji12]So instead I'll add my 2¢ [emoji12] I've been doing DIY ejuice awhile now & I'm not the greatest, but I do sell ejuice to all my local vaper Buddies & family, plus I like to make a lot of flavors that we can't normally find on the Web or in local shops... Like umm, let's see I make Pineapple Cheesecake, (Killer Pine) Pineapple/Peach Cheesecake (Georgia Dream) Sour Apple Bubble gum (Apple Turn Up) Mango/Watermelon Jolly Rancher (Candy Crushed) & etc..

I've always noticed, but even more so now, especially since I've recently decreased my Nic levels, the flavors seem a lot pronounced, ya know crisp. I do use natural flavors & everything I make is clear for the most part, (I'm not fond[emoji35]of dark ejuice) Or perhaps its just me... But my juices taste different depending on the build & the atty. For instance, Georgia Dream is my ADV & I keep anywhere from 3-5+ setups in rotation, so it's a sure bet I'll have Georgia Dream in my Twisted Messes RDA, with a modest build like now, I have a single parallel coil in it, with 4 strand 28g Kanthal & 22g twisted N80, at .18-9 & I have.35 ohm dual coils in my Aromamizer RTA V1. They hit, vape & taste, like 2 different beasts despite jabbing the same exact ejuice from the same exact batch..

Then of course, an RDA is totally different from a RTA, anyway you cut it, but like I said... I'm noticing it a lot more lately, but it could just be the fact I've been paying a lot more attention to flavor since Jan & "flavor" is the magic word I have to hear b4 I purchase any kind of atty, as of late & I've been enjoying the best of both worlds a lot more often than previous years of vaping...lol... WOW!!! 2016 will be my 7th yr vaping, well I have until the end of the summer for the actual anniversary, but these months have been flying by...(lol) Anyhoo CrazyChef, sorry u only get a lil bit of city & a lil bit of country "sometimes". Maybe 1 day you'll find a girl that's a lil bit of both, so you could be content "all the time" [emoji6] [emoji4] Happy Vapes fellas, it's finally Saturday morning, but it's too early to run the drill. 1 day I'm gonna have a "Vape Cave" for my pvt use all the time, instead of this "vape corner" I have to share "most of the time" [emoji16]Back to bed I go, at 4:30am, I'm gonna over sleep & this will be the 1 Sat morn'in my children won't wake me..... Sigh [emoji50] [emoji42]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

jj6404

ECF Veteran
    Jan 15, 2015
    VA
    So I would have never ever bought this atty because I think it's ugly and way too big and awkward (30mm so you can only use it on a few devices and it still looks weird) buttttt I won it and the Presa TC100(awesome mod btw) in a giveaway and I love the vape off this Inde DUO! The flavor and airflow is equivalent to the Tsunami to me which is awesome! And it's leak-resistant because of its top airflow. I basically love everything about this rda beside the look and size. The dripping experience from it is so good though that the look is slowly growing on me...

fb93425fc0f9aa6cfdbc6fe19465f2da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread