Not open for further replies.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
Like this:

Since it's a Clapton, it's only natural that we discover how they are made. The speed is fabulous and makes my drill and swivels look rather underpowered.

T

Almost straight profit from the companies making clapton coils. No reasearch or development in the manufacturing process.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
This is a good thread. I like looking at all the cool builds I know I'll never have time to try! lol

I picked up a little bit of .5x1 kanthal ribbon yesterday. What do you guys suggest trying first to get used to working with ribbon? I have 24, 26, 28, 32, and 34 kanthal, too.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
This is a good thread. I like looking at all the cool builds I know I'll never have time to try! lol

I picked up a little bit of .5x1 kanthal ribbon yesterday. What do you guys suggest trying first to get used to working with ribbon? I have 24, 26, 28, 32, and 34 kanthal, too.

Maybe you could just twist a length of 26g or 28g with a length of ribbon to start with.

Reactions: greasegizzard

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR

Maybe you could just twist a length of 26g or 28g with a length of ribbon to start with.

SlipperyEel speaks truth, that makes a nice coil.

71ioY1ml.jpg

Reactions: greasegizzard

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas

SlipperyEel speaks truth, that makes a nice coil.

71ioY1ml.jpg
Maybe I'll go give that a try. Sounds like something I could twist up rather quickly. At least compared to a staple. lol

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Maybe I'll go give that a try. Sounds like something I could twist up rather quickly. At least compared to a staple. lol

Tiger wire is relatively easy, Squidood has a nice tutorial on Art of Vaping for it.

And yes, tons easier than a staple. :)

Correction, it might have been TwistedMesses -

Last edited:

Justadude

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
This is why i always build in the nude, me myself and my Doc goggles:|
Looks good for first time bro. Quick tip, don't stretch it so much and next time not only will it come out tighter but also has a pointier mohawk tip. Like this....
20kqd0w.jpg

First time I tried one of these, not decided as to wether to mount her as is or add a parallel or two... View attachment 591537 View attachment 591539

Tiger wire is relatively easy, Squidood has a nice tutorial on Art of Vaping for it.

And yes, tons easier than a staple. :)

Correction, it might have been TwistedMesses -

Twisted did a stapled tiger coil tutorial. But you have to staple the ribbon first. great little flavor coil btw

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
FDA NEWS:
Man go's crazy after building coils. Man claims was abducted by alien-coils & his mod told him to do it!
"WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE"
Da Mad Coiler

There's nothing better than going mad in the morning with a little humor..Have a good day my friends!

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Nice coils bo. 32/28 ?
Yes

32 wrapped around 26ga, decored then fed onto two 28ga core wires. No reversing the wrap and no stretching out the de-cored Clapton.

Calling it a "Spaced Alien"

Have more 36ga coming, want to try a 30/36 spaced alien.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Sorry it's my phone, it automatically inserts words when I hit space by accident or just spaces. My screen is cracked and I've been to lazy to send it back..
sometimes I just hit send with out realizing what's it has substituted or inserted....

what I ment was is it necessary to stretch and reverse the wire for an alien? Your wire looks like an alien coil to me.
You just used two wider cores instead of the 3 same size cores used for the Clapton....
Most aliens I've seen have a little space so is it really necessary to do all the extra stuff..you just simplified it dude. Why you say it's not an alien? It has the squiggly wire like the alien coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread