USA
0B71IZX4-M3wyMThXa0lqZzM1SGM

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Practicing for a more serious build but nothing seems to come out the way I really want...smh

There go's my vertical ribbon build. What am I doing wrong? Shhht is all over the place.

I think Im using the wrong wire gauges in the wrong places....

Another one in the build bin...

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Practicing for a more serious build but nothing seems to come out the way I really want...smh

There go's my vertical ribbon build. What am I doing wrong? Shhht is all over the place.

Another one in the build bin...
Feel free to send me all your bad builds... I have a feeling they will vape just fine. ;)

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
Many decks will hold wide wire, thick wire or both. Velocity decks usually have round holes so they're good for thick things, clamp decks are good for wide things like corrugated builds.
The newish combo rtda has lots of decks to pick from. For velocity decks 2.5mm holes will accommodate pretty wide or thick stuff. The augvape rdta has oblong holes like the tsunami.

For stuff like this the goons with clamps are the only way.
b6dc8e527fb7467bb6bfa59dac93da53.jpg

I would like to know what some of those ever fit in or if they were just spin tests.

ErrrKT19

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
c.r., co
use smaller core wire in your staggered frames. shoot for the same size as the longer edge of your ribbon. 26g for 0.4mm ribbon, or 24g for 0.5mm ribbon.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
use smaller core wire in your staggered frames. shoot for the same size as the longer edge of your ribbon. 26g for 0.4mm ribbon, or 24g for 0.5mm ribbon.
28g for 0.4mm, 30g for 0.3mm.
Unless it's a staggerton, then I use 27g frames.
36g is as big as I go for a wrap and even that is pretty massive on a SSFC.
@ErrrKT19
You have IG?

Last edited:

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
I've had a hard time building parallel coils. I admit my wording was incorrect.

I was lucky when I made my first parallel. I cut the wire in two lengths, and when I did that later I found it very difficult, then I saw a youtube video where he folded the wire as one do when twisting. That made it much more manageable. Your wording was correct, but English isn't my native language, and I didn't get it at first. I did later. :)

ErrrKT19

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
c.r., co
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread