Pound My Cake. MASTERPIECE! , Pound it Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnybagadonuts

Feb 7, 2014
NJ
For all those out there who are looking for a pound it clone i have the golden ticket, the only thing this blend is missing is the lemon zest which will further complete the recipe and round it off perfectly.

Seems like i cant post a link here, However you can search my name on ELR ( jonnybagadonuts ) and you can adapt it from there.

The full recipe is posted below

Last edited:

jonnybagadonuts

Feb 7, 2014
NJ
This poundcake blend is absolutely delicious. I was expecting Cap lemon meringue pie to add the lemon zest to it but all it did was add another level of moist cake to it . I do suggest adding %1 FE lemon to give it the lemon zest note which this blend is simply begging for and sadly i do not have in my arsenal.

However the surrounding ingredients are essential to this blend.

CAP Vanilla custard V1= %3
FW yellow cake= %3
CAP lemon meringue pie= %2
FW cake batter dip= %0.5
FA marzipan= %0.25
FA biscotto= %0.25

FW Yellow cake = The perfect base to start with , has all the right properties for the heavy moist pound cake we are looking for

Cap VC V1= This gives the blend the butter and vanilla notes, Keeping it at %3 tones down the egg notes which is what we dont want

FA marzipan= Marzipan further tones down the egg notes while also giving the blend the slightest bit of buttery almond back note

FA biscotto = This little gem of a flavor gives you the golden brown exterior of the pound cake that has a slightly more "crusty-ness" then the center .

FW cake batter dip = Adds another level of cake , THIS CANNOT BE SUBBED

CAP lemon meringue pie= This was supposed to do 3 things 1) add a lemon zest . 2) Add another level of bakey crust type flavor 3) add another layer of vanilla. However it only accomplished 2 and 3. Which is good with me.

steep for 2 days and enjoy !

Reactions: Kenna

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
This poundcake blend is absolutely delicious. I was expecting Cap lemon meringue pie to add the lemon zest to it but all it did was add another level of moist cake to it . I do suggest adding %1 FE lemon to give it the lemon zest note which this blend is simply begging for and sadly i do not have in my arsenal. However the surrounding ingredients are essential to this blend.

CAP Vanilla custard V1= %3
FW yellow cake= %3
CAP lemon meringue pie= %2
FW cake batter dip= %0.5
FA marzipan= %0.25
FA biscotto= %0.25

FW Yellow cake = The perfect base to start with , has all the right properties for the heavy moist pound cake we are looking for

Cap VC V1= This gives the blend the butter and vanilla notes, Keeping it at %3 tones down the egg notes which is what we dont want

FA marzipan= Marzipan further tones down the egg notes while also giving the blend the slightest bit of buttery almond back note

FA biscotto = This little gem of a flavor gives you the golden brown exterior of the pound cake that has a slightly more "crusty-ness" then the center .

FW cake batter dip = Adds another level of cake , THIS CANNOT BE SUBBED

CAP lemon meringue pie= This was supposed to do 3 things 1) add a lemon zest . 2) Add another level of bakey crust type flavor 3) add another layer of vanilla. However it only accomplished 2 and 3. Which is good with me.

steep for 2 days and enjoy !

You could try a mountain dew flavor instead of the lemon. I bake an actual pound cake that uses 7Up. It's delicious with that sweet lemon lime flavor. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread