Power Delusion - Ego Twist vs. iTaste MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

memoriafuturi

Jul 13, 2013
UK
I've been reading up on the forum about variable voltage/wattage etc. and found the BiffRocko posts very helpful. So feel that I understand that it's all about the watts achieved and that the voltage and coil resistance just interact to achieve this.

So, I've been testing the same tank on my ego twist and iTaste MVP at the same voltage setting. It seems to taste better on the iTaste. Now I'm guessing this is just in my head, but was curious!

So, other than the battery not lasting as long on the ego twist, should I experience any performance differences when I set the same voltage and use the same tank on these different devices?

Thanks for any help!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
So, other than the battery not lasting as long on the ego twist, should I experience any performance differences when I set the same voltage and use the same tank on these different devices?

No, no difference. However, very few devices (especially twist type batteries) are going to be 100% accurate. Could explain things. ??

memoriafuturi

Jul 13, 2013
UK
I've noticed a difference between my Vision Spinner and MVP 2....the MVP 2 is a more consistent vape.

Interesting. So theoretically they should be the same, but it's more a case of the different batteries having different voltage drop characteristics. And is it larger (or better quality?) batteries suffer less from voltage drop?

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Ego batteries will have a far greater drop in voltage while you are firing the power button than a larger higher amp-in-reserve battery like the MVP. The MVP also regulates its voltage to the juice attachment more efficiently.

This.
For the $$$, the MVP is one of the best devices on the market for a clean, consistent vape :vapor:

DeepSix

Oct 21, 2013
Canada
Ive had my MVP for 48 hours now, TOTALLY DO NOT REGRET buying it! If anything I wish I have only bought this as my starter device and not the other two batteries I bought!

The only complaint that I do have with it, and its minor, is the button at the base for activating the usb charge port protrudes out and makes the MVP wobbly when setting it on a table. I fear that over time the button will get worn or pushed into the case. I usually lay it down on the side that has no buttons.

Other than that, I love it. Long battery life, checks ohms, puff counter and can use either VV or VW. Its a win all round for the price.

lgboogie19

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Hagerstown, MD
Just bought an mvp and this thing is a beast! Love the iclear 30 also, i can finally use dark juices again. I think im done purchasing for a while after this mvp. Its such a nice consistent power source loaded with features. I cant wait to spend the rest of my day vaping this thing!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have frequently recommended both versions of the MVP to novices looking to step up from cigalikes or eGo batteries.

It has all the features desired for a great all-around mod: relatively compact and pocket-friendly, variable voltage, extremely long battery life between charges, pass through ability, multiple options in juice attachments accepting both eGo and 510 connectors, durable build quality, & a very reasonable price.

If there were such awards, the MVP deserves Mod of the Year status.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So theoretically they should be the same, but it's more a case of the different batteries having different voltage drop characteristics. And is it larger (or better quality?) batteries suffer less from voltage drop?

As the ladies usually say, bigger is better. ;)

The answer is yes to both "larger" and "better quality". I can't recall exactly, but the eGo Twist's default voltage is more like 3.4 or 3.5 volts, as most eGo batteries are. The typical replaceable rechargeable battery cells used in mods come off the charger at 4.2 volts.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
The only complaint that I do have with it, and its minor, is the button at the base for activating the usb charge port protrudes out and makes the MVP wobbly when setting it on a table. I fear that over time the button will get worn or pushed into the case. I usually lay it down on the side that has no buttons.

Yes, this annoyed me too but I fixed the problem by masking off the bottom around the switch with some durable tape, and ground down the switch with a small grinding wheel with my Dremmel. Only attempt this if you are good with a Dremmel of course. I've also heard that you can use a fine file as well. Good luck!

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
The voltage setting is probably off on one device or the other.
Or it could be the placebo effect due to the persistent promotion of the MVP2 which the twist lacks

Amperage. The larger the battery, the more amps used.
This is a common mistake.
The Amperage is determined by voltage and resistance, not battery size. (assuming you don't exceed the batteries current capability of course)

Ego batteries will have a far greater drop in voltage while you are firing the power button than a larger higher amp-in-reserve battery like the MVP. The MVP also regulates its voltage to the juice attachment more efficiently.
Source please.
I can crank up my joye twist to 4.8 Volts with a 1.8 ohm load.
This pulls 2.67 Amps which is under the 3A limit I found here ->http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/298270-amp-limit-ego-twist.html#post6329264l
This makes it use 12.8 Watts which exceeds the MVP2's stated max power of 11 watts.->iTaste MVP V2.0, Long-Lasting 2600 mAh Variable Voltage VV Box Mod - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin
Even the $28 vamo V2 can go up to 6V and has a 5A max current

I really don't get buying a disposable device. The panisonic NCR18650PD 2900 mAh rechargeable battery commonly used in devices like the SVD,Vamo,SID,eVic, ect has a greater capacity than the MVP2 and can be bought for about $12.
So basically the MVP comes with $12 worth of battery and when the battery wears out you throw it away. I think that's why it's being marketed so heavily. Battery sales don't help the device manufacturer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread