Power Delusion - Ego Twist vs. iTaste MVP

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by memoriafuturi, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memoriafuturi

memoriafuturi New Member

I've been reading up on the forum about variable voltage/wattage etc. and found the BiffRocko posts very helpful. So feel that I understand that it's all about the watts achieved and that the voltage and coil resistance just interact to achieve this.

So, I've been testing the same tank on my ego twist and iTaste MVP at the same voltage setting. It seems to taste better on the iTaste. Now I'm guessing this is just in my head, but was curious!

So, other than the battery not lasting as long on the ego twist, should I experience any performance differences when I set the same voltage and use the same tank on these different devices?

Thanks for any help!

2. djsvapour

djsvapour Vaping Master ECF Veteran

No, no difference. However, very few devices (especially twist type batteries) are going to be 100% accurate. Could explain things. ??

3. memoriafuturi

memoriafuturi New Member

Thanks - This is what I thought must be happening. But there's so many stories out there and advice about this topic I thought I might check!

4. Concrete

Concrete Full Member

I just got a MVP and have experienced the same thing coming from a x6 and ego. it may be the volts. But that's just a guess.

5. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Amperage. The larger the battery, the more amps used.

6. chrisw21

chrisw21 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nope....... Amp draw is a factor of voltage setting and resistance of the coil. You can't argue Ohm's Law....

7. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Ego batteries will have a far greater drop in voltage while you are firing the power button than a larger higher amp-in-reserve battery like the MVP. The MVP also regulates its voltage to the juice attachment more efficiently.

8. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I've noticed a difference between my Vision Spinner and MVP 2....the MVP 2 is a more consistent vape.

9. memoriafuturi

memoriafuturi New Member

Interesting. So theoretically they should be the same, but it's more a case of the different batteries having different voltage drop characteristics. And is it larger (or better quality?) batteries suffer less from voltage drop?

10. LovinTheVapor

LovinTheVapor Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This.
    For the $$$, the MVP is one of the best devices on the market for a clean, consistent vape :vapor:

11. vincentk18

vincentk18 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm digging everyone's positive feedback of the MVP. I just ordered the V2, and I'm upgrading from an x6 so I'm hoping it's as great as you all say ^_^. Jwraps also has some awesome skins for it.

12. DeepSix

DeepSix Full Member

Ive had my MVP for 48 hours now, TOTALLY DO NOT REGRET buying it! If anything I wish I have only bought this as my starter device and not the other two batteries I bought!

The only complaint that I do have with it, and its minor, is the button at the base for activating the usb charge port protrudes out and makes the MVP wobbly when setting it on a table. I fear that over time the button will get worn or pushed into the case. I usually lay it down on the side that has no buttons.

Other than that, I love it. Long battery life, checks ohms, puff counter and can use either VV or VW. Its a win all round for the price.

13. lgboogie19

lgboogie19 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just bought an mvp and this thing is a beast! Love the iclear 30 also, i can finally use dark juices again. I think im done purchasing for a while after this mvp. Its such a nice consistent power source loaded with features. I cant wait to spend the rest of my day vaping this thing!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

14. Baditude

I have frequently recommended both versions of the MVP to novices looking to step up from cigalikes or eGo batteries.

It has all the features desired for a great all-around mod: relatively compact and pocket-friendly, variable voltage, extremely long battery life between charges, pass through ability, multiple options in juice attachments accepting both eGo and 510 connectors, durable build quality, & a very reasonable price.

If there were such awards, the MVP deserves Mod of the Year status.

15. Vulcanus

Vulcanus New Member

I was torn between the MVP and the SVD, ended up getting the SVD. it's on the way now, but I'll still be ordering a MVP next month, because it just makes sense that it would be the perfect fall back device.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

16. deanthemachine

deanthemachine Super Member ECF Veteran

^^^^^^^^^^ this

17. Baditude

As the ladies usually say, bigger is better. ;)

The answer is yes to both "larger" and "better quality". I can't recall exactly, but the eGo Twist's default voltage is more like 3.4 or 3.5 volts, as most eGo batteries are. The typical replaceable rechargeable battery cells used in mods come off the charger at 4.2 volts.

18. MattKlahn33

MattKlahn33 New Member

It could be RMS or mean

19. RubyRoo

RubyRoo Super Member ECF Veteran

Yes, this annoyed me too but I fixed the problem by masking off the bottom around the switch with some durable tape, and ground down the switch with a small grinding wheel with my Dremmel. Only attempt this if you are good with a Dremmel of course. I've also heard that you can use a fine file as well. Good luck!

20. DKP#

DKP# Super Member ECF Veteran

The voltage setting is probably off on one device or the other.
    Or it could be the placebo effect due to the persistent promotion of the MVP2 which the twist lacks

This is a common mistake.
    The Amperage is determined by voltage and resistance, not battery size. (assuming you don't exceed the batteries current capability of course)

Source please.
    I can crank up my joye twist to 4.8 Volts with a 1.8 ohm load.
    This pulls 2.67 Amps which is under the 3A limit I found here ->http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/298270-amp-limit-ego-twist.html#post6329264l
    This makes it use 12.8 Watts which exceeds the MVP2's stated max power of 11 watts.->iTaste MVP V2.0, Long-Lasting 2600 mAh Variable Voltage VV Box Mod - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin
    Even the $28 vamo V2 can go up to 6V and has a 5A max current

I really don't get buying a disposable device. The panisonic NCR18650PD 2900 mAh rechargeable battery commonly used in devices like the SVD,Vamo,SID,eVic, ect has a greater capacity than the MVP2 and can be bought for about $12.
    So basically the MVP comes with $12 worth of battery and when the battery wears out you throw it away. I think that's why it's being marketed so heavily. Battery sales don't help the device manufacturer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.