Status
Not open for further replies.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
adhshfjj

why cant the vv non-box mods go above 6v darnit! i sometimes like vaping my 3.5ohm atties at 6.1-6.3v....i wanted a buzz pro but it doesnt even go above 5.5v

anyway i love the features so far...thats the one downside of the provari moving up or down in voltage when youre trying to find that sweet spot..this would be a great fix. and im kinda .... about knowing what voltage im at so i love the led feature.

i do hope they offer different color schemes though...i want mine as descreet as.possible, dont think i can sport red and silver like that

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
It is limited at 2.5 amps. I dont beleive it will be that durable too. IMO it is a mid range device at entry level price tag.

What is the actual difference between those 2.5 amps and the 4 amps mentioned for someone who's subject-blond like me? And why do you think it won't be durable? I mean, I hope to have it like "forever" as long as I treat it right; although we do use the device, what we do drain are the batteries, right? But as I said I know very little about mods...

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
What is the actual difference between those 2.5 amps and the 4 amps mentioned for someone who's subject-blond like me? And why do you think it won't be durable? I mean, I hope to have it like "forever" as long as I treat it right; although we do use the device, what we do drain are the batteries, right? But as I said I know very little about mods...

I was the one that mentioned 4 amps. I got there using ohm's law. If you are limited to 2.5 amps, the highest voltage you can use on a 1.5 ohm dual coil is 3.75 V. With 4 amps, you can go up to 6V.

Provaries are limited to 2.5 amps as well and I've seen posts from people that own a provari but, are using a cheapie madvapes VV because they want higher voltage on a dual coil.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Jeez, this is so complicated! The device ranges from 3 to 6 v. It seems it's limited to 2.5 amps and apparently so does the Provari. I was also told, much to my astonishment, by a veteran in these forums, that standard resistance cartos work perfectly in high voltages. I also heard dual coils worked like a charm in high voltages plenty of times. Regarding the standard resistance ones I also heard the opposite several times. I know many people use HV attys to vape at higher voltages, it's just that drip tipping isn't my cup ot tea really, albeit acceptable. As a total newbie to VV devices such as this, I must say I'm really, really confused (not to mention all the totally different opinions - apparently all from people who seem to know - regarding the best 18650 batteries for the device). Jeez again... :(

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Yes, I'm aware, but I thought people who knew more could point me in the right direction (not necessarily my favourite, just right) without me having to destroy cartos for no other reason than having found no really concrete conclusions. For example, do dual coils work like a charm in high voltages or they don't? Do SR cartos work perfectly in high voltages or they don't? Things like these seem very concrete to me, I guess.......

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Jeez, this is so complicated! The device ranges from 3 to 6 v. It seems it's limited to 2.5 amps and apparently so does the Provari. I was also told, much to my astonishment, by a veteran in these forums, that standard resistance cartos work perfectly in high voltages. I also heard dual coils worked like a charm in high voltages plenty of times. Regarding the standard resistance ones I also heard the opposite several times. I know many people use HV attys to vape at higher voltages, it's just that drip tipping isn't my cup ot tea really, albeit acceptable. As a total newbie to VV devices such as this, I must say I'm really, really confused (not to mention all the totally different opinions - apparently all from people who seem to know - regarding the best 18650 batteries for the device). Jeez again... :(

It's a matter of taste. For me a standard 510 is not bad boosted just a little bit to around 4V. There are people out there that use them at a much higher voltage. I think they like the smell of their tongue cooking. You have to try a few things and see what you like. You can run just about any atty at higher voltage. It may not hold up long but, you can do it.

eyebrook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
England now Spain
I agee with MR, dual coils did nothing for me at all, but others love them. I have tried LR atties in my UFS at 3.7 volts and I dont like them SR atties suit me, but getting stable voltage would improve the experience maybe for me.
When I said welcome to the learning curve I wasnt being negative, because no matter what people tell you is good it will maybe only suit them

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Untill volcano didn´t show them in Vegas, they will not been shipped to Europe, so I really hope they did, and then get mine soon.

You do know there are vendors selling them at Alibaba, in China? Most sell a minimum of 500 but a few also sell them by units. In fact, I'm not sure what role Vulcano plays in all of this (have they designed it or something?) but it's manufactured in China by L-Rider.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
It is manufactured by Lrider for sure . They actually manufacture a lot of VV PV's . I have been in talks with them and they will not sell this particular one because they make them for volcano only . Than can however manufacture a new vv one for any company built custom to their specs . Volcano just rebranded it as their own .

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I use DC cartos 1.6 and the 1.25's (Smoke tec) @ 6V. Using them at 3.7 does nothing for me. I do not use SR cartos. Depends on the juice used whether it tastes good or not. Extracted and organic juices do not taste good to me at 6V.

Yes, I'm aware, but I thought people who knew more could point me in the right direction (not necessarily my favourite, just right) without me having to destroy cartos for no other reason than having found no really concrete conclusions. For example, do dual coils work like a charm in high voltages or they don't? Do SR cartos work perfectly in high voltages or they don't? Things like these seem very concrete to me, I guess.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread