Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
You may very well be correct. It seems Spanish vendors (and others, I guess; but there were only 5 units coming to Portugal in the first batch) are still counting on receiving them next week. I don't know what's up with Volcano, quite frankly. If there was a technical problem, I assume (hope too) it's been solved by now.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
If there was a technical problem, I am very glad Volcano, L Rider or whoever found out, stopped production and made shure that the product will be in optimal condition when it is shipped. I prefer to wait one or two weeks longer and get a good one.

Then L-Rider, with all my respects to any other factory, is not really an E-Cig factory, but specialized in medical equipment, which leaves us with a company with other quality standards then most of the others. At least I hope so, if not many chinese will have died because of them. IMHO.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
I am worried about this thread, because when I started it this PV was announced in Spain as Lavatube. Now because of legal reasons they changed it in Power VV.

I dont know if I can go on like this with this thread, but found no way to edit the name of the thread.

We are talking here about both, the lavatube and the Power VV, so I dont know.

Would need advise or intervention of a moderator, but dont know how to get to him.

If any moderator reeds this, can he please give his thoughts.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Well, I'm not a moderator but they're one and the same. Yovapeo, for example, sells it as Vulcano vv mod or something of the sort. Perhaps the Lavatube would be just the units coming directly from Volcano ecigs but, yes, they're the same. Maybe a moderator would find a way to change the thread title to show it means this mod although it may be named more than one way?

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
I dont really have any knowledge of the legal side of it, but think that "Volcano lavatube" will be a registered and protected name. I never thought this thread would be growing so much, started it only to get some information, and thought in a few days it would die. Never had in mind to hurt the interests of any company, and BTW, think they will have profit because of this threath, but it just doesn´t feel good.

Would love the name to be changed to "Power VV, was Lavatube", because I think some people will be looking for the old tittle.

So I asked Misty (mod) if that can be done.

Well, I'm not a moderator but they're one and the same. Yovapeo, for example, sells it as Vulcano vv mod or something of the sort. Perhaps the Lavatube would be just the units coming directly from Volcano ecigs but, yes, they're the same. Maybe a moderator would find a way to change the thread title to show it means this mod although it may be named more than one way?

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Have seen comments at a German forum, about an email from the factory to a vendor, that they had a problem with a chip, that new chips are arriving, and end of the month first production units with the new chip will be ready to ship.
Then I have seen a comment from a vendor in Europe, stating that he has a sample for evoluation, and it is working fine.
Then it also seems that volcano has a bigger number of samples that are being evaluated by a selected people to evaluate them.

So I deduce in the next few days there will be more concrete news, so no more guessing.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
So, what I gather is Volcano will postpone not necessarily necessarily........................... Meanwhile, other vendors will receive the devices in time, send them to the customers and much supposedly they'll be working just fine. Then, there is the Lavatube and the Blacktube and the mod Vulcano voltaje variable and whatnot else, all precisely the same (not counting possible minor differences in looks) - weird but ok. :)

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Delays, delays... At least it means they're trying hard to make it right and conquer/build a niche that hasn't belonged to them so far. Maybe that's bad news for those who have deep fear of the Chinese but it feels like good news to all of us who pre-ordered. At least, it isn't a huge delay... Although it sure feels like super-huge.......................................

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Ah! A one week holiday in China once more! Lol indeed. You know, I once was an economy journalist and one of the nonsense I kept hearing from "dirty capitalists" I always came in contact with was that in the US people only had a one week's vacation during the year and our problem was we had too many holidays and way too much vacations. As if the US was unknown to me, jeez!True, we believe they work like 24/24 all year round and we're the ones from whom all and furthermore is expected all the way. Anyway, that seems to mean the devices may be all ready and packed up to go now... once the holiday's over that is... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread