• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Praise & Worship Songs that will elevate you to the heights of Heaven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi

I heard the last half of this song on a Christian radio station in 1985 and I was hooked on Carman..........why? Yeah, he's a very nice looking man, but I had no idea how he looked. I got hooked because he was singing about spiritual warfare. I think I have almost all of his CD's.......some better than others. I have seen him in concert 3 times. He sings all styles of music, but this song hooked this fish (<><) on first listen!:)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
You all will like this one (with the lyrics even!)

"There'll never be another Calvary!
Like a lamb led to the slaughter Jesus never opened His mouth.
From the trial to the crucifixion and to the grave He was laid out.
After three days in the garden tomb, I can hear the angels sing
as the Lamb came forth as the Lion and the Lion became the King.

When Jesus left His splendor to live on earth with man, by most He was rejected because He came forth as the Lamb.

Oh, but, the day is soon approaching that every eye shall see the Lamb and the Lion of Judah has been crowned the King of Kings.

Chorus:
You won't find Him again at the whipping post standing there so meek;
and He won't be nailed to a rugged cross through His hands and through His feet.
There'll never be another Calvary 'cause He don't have to prove one thing.
That day the Lamb became the Lion and the Lion became the King.
When Jesus left His splendor to live on earth with man,
by most He was rejected because He came forth as the Lamb.
Oh, but, the day is soon approaching that every eye shall see
the Lamb and the Lion of Judah has been crowned the King of Kings."

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi

I am sure most of you have heard this one, but it needs to be repeated constantly to our government. I think Carman wrote this song.....I know he was the first to record it.

I have others of his that I really like, but I don't know for sure if the video is a little over the top as it has folks dressed up like a few demons. It's called 'satan, bite the dust,' and 'witches invitation.' Like I said before, he writes songs dealing with spiritual warfare. :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi

Now if this doesn't get your heart to pumping, nuthin' will. I was at one of his concerts and before it even started, one side yelled, "I love Jesus yes I do, I love Jesus how about you!" Then my side of the convention center would answer back. We were pumped before anything even start. My mom and I used to sing this a lot. Now she can tell Jesus face to face. I'm a little envious.:)

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA

Now if this doesn't get your heart to pumping, nuthin' will. I was at one of his concerts and before it even started, one side yelled, "I love Jesus yes I do, I love Jesus how about you!" Then my side of the convention center would answer back. We were pumped before anything even start. My mom and I used to sing this a lot. Now she can tell Jesus face to face. I'm a little envious.:)

This is awesome!! AMEN!! I haven't listened to Carman in a while, but I'll remedy that!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
This song just gets my blood pumping! I'm so glad you liked it, Lady T! When I was in better shape than I am now, put Carman on and vacuuming turned into fun time! But I'd have to really crank it to over ride the noise of the vacuum!:laugh:

I am also a huge fan of the song 'Holdin' On,' as it got me through many a dark night and day. Still looking for a better video than what I've found. I love the 'rough tough hard to bluff' lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread