Pre-Heat & Mod Auto-Change Wattage for Settings of Previous Fired Tanks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
So, I attempted to answer a simple question for an OP in an Ask The Veterans area and was met with "Thread Status: Not open for further replies.". This thread is/was closed with no effective answer.

The questions(s):
"Hey all! Is there a mod out there that is able to change the preferred wattage based on tank or coil attached?
There have been multiple times already when I switched from a sub-ohm to a 1.8Ohm coil and take a drag at 40 Watts, which was not taste the least. I have a Lavabox with DNA200, and even though it is able to detect the coil, resistance, save different profiles and a lot of other fancy settings, it unfortunately is not able to change watts based on Ohms (as far as I know). Is there something in the escribe settings that I can change to make this work?
Thanks! "

This thread appears to have been locked, even though no effective answer was ever provided. I thought I would take a minute to provide an answer to the first question as follows:
Cuboid offers this feature under various firmware upgrades. The feature is called Smart Mode. The device remembers (saves) the power settings of the last 10 atomizers that were fired, and automatically recalls the setting, including the power setting, when an atomiser is attached. I believe this was primarily created for users that switch between various tanks and want a device that remembers previous settings (similar to the OP's referenced example). Smart Mode is in all firmwares v3.01 (v3.01 was first firmware update for Cuboid) and all later versions.

Here's a video illustrating the feature. I have seen a number of posts & videos where others have misunderstood the functionality of this feature, but this guy gets it and explains it pretty well. Hopefully, this is helps some folks out there that may have wished for a feature like this.

Cuboid firmware upgrade 3.11 Smart Mode (also available beginning v3.01)

There is a comprehensive chart, "Firmware Update Logs for CUBOID", about half way down the page in this link that illustrates features of the various firmware upgrades available for the Cuboid:
Cuboid - Joyetech

Additional Firmware info here:
Software download - Joyetech

PreHeat Function Firmware Update Feature:
In reviewing this information for this reply, I just noticed a couple NEW updates (v5.04 & v5.14) as of today Sept 2, 2016 that they now offer a "Pre-Heat" function (I wonder if they will be changing the first digit to a v3.xx to match previous numeric sequencing ...?). Personally, I really like the fact they they continue to offer new features via Firmware Updates, AND that they make available ALL Previous Firmwares allowing users to choose their preferences vs. the more standard practice of only making available the most recent update (other mfrs typically offering "fixes" vs. new features, where-as the as-shipped firmware on the Cuboid is pretty much bug-free from the factory). I will be interested to see how this performs (coils preheating ...?) on my bigger builds. FYI, updating/changing firmware on Cuboid takes about 15-seconds once you get the hang of it.

I use a number of mech & reg-mod's, and this gives new reason to hang onto my Cuboid ;-)

Hopefully something of use for you here :)

Regards,

Last edited:

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
puffon,

Thank you man!

If what you wrote is correct, I would vote it should be stickied into that forum. Would have saved me a lot of time and communication with admin. The whole thing about posting a question, and it not displaying until sometime into future ..., along with locked threads with what appears to be variable classifications is pretty confusing (to me at least). Your reply really simplifies understanding for me. Hope nothing I've said or done rubs the wrong way :)

THANKS again!

Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread