Pre-wrapped coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
So far, I've used just pre-fab coils. But I was watching a few videos on YouTube about the rba deck on my TFV8, and it got me reading and watching more about rebuilding. So I found that you can get pre-wrapped coils. Now, would you have to have an ohm reader to check the resistance, or would that be unnecessary since they're already set at a certain resistance?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So far, I've used just pre-fab coils. But I was watching a few videos on YouTube about the RBA deck on my TFV8, and it got me reading and watching more about rebuilding. So I found that you can get pre-wrapped coils. Now, would you have to have an ohm reader to check the resistance, or would that be unnecessary since they're already set at a certain resistance?
The Ohm reader woukd tell you if your build has a short instead of your mod going BOOM.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Mod won't go "Boom", mod won't fire and give you an error message like Atomizer Short or Atomizer too low.

You don't "have" to have an Ohm reader and just read the ohms on your regulated Mod. It's best to have one and should be in your kit, a decent one is inexpensive and no reason not to have one.

Reactions: KenD

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Ok. I'm just starting to read up on rebuilding, so its all new to me. But it's something I've been wanting to get into. Thanks!
NP, there's a huge amount of advantages to building. Everything from cost, options to just being fun. You're going to screw up a few coils but it's easy and you'll get the hang of it quickly. Just watch a bunch of different YouTube's on building, there's a ton of them out there. Try a bunch of different styles of coil building and wicking then you'll find your own style that suits you.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Oh also I highly recommend don't screw around with cheap wire, not worth it. The cost of top quality wire is cheap and competes with prices for the cheap garbage that a lot of times is filthy.

These brands are actual Sandvik Kanthal (who invented and hold the trademark) and SS is Smelted in Sweden and Milled in the U.S.
  • Kidney Puncher
  • Temco
  • Atomizer Wick
Not sure where they source the wire but have had good luck with their Kanthal is Pure Atomist.

Reactions: dyanaprajna

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Mod won't go "Boom", mod won't fire and give you an error message like Atomizer Short or Atomizer too low.

You don't "have" to have an Ohm reader and just read the ohms on your regulated Mod. It's best to have one and should be in your kit, a decent one is inexpensive and no reason not to have one.
It will if its a mech. No safety features in a mech.

504devils

Feb 6, 2016
Most regulated mods have a built in ohm meter. If you use a pre-wrapped coil, you can double check it when you screw it on the mod. Also, if you diy your coils, whatever wrap/wire gauge combo you use should come out about the same ohms every time so when you find a combo eg: 26ga/7 wrap should be around the same every time. You can double check every time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: dyanaprajna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread