Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
hi mate,

thanks for the reply

may i ask though, when you designed the Strata you must have had an idea of the setup it would use? so what kind of setup did you design it around?

cheers

scott

ps..yes, i have swapped to a different drip tip and the shorting problem is now solved thankfully :)

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
hi mate,

thanks for the reply

may i ask though, when you designed the Strata you must have had an idea of the setup it would use? so what kind of setup did you design it around?

cheers

scott

ps..yes, i have swapped to a different drip tip and the shorting problem is now solved thankfully :)

Hi Scott,

It was designed with dual coils (one on each side) in mind to take advantage of the 360 airflow. (I hadn't even seen a design like the Ophion as it didn't even exist when I created the Strata, which works even better ).

When I designed the Strata though, I knew it was different in 3 major areas over most all other rba's/rda's on the market, which was going to open up a can of worms as it had a lot of variables:

1. Coil placement can be moved to a wide variety of areas (higher, lower, vertical, horizontal, round the outside or in tighter), you aren't limited to one set wick/wire position like on many rbas/rda's.

2. Adjustable Air control that actually works unlike many designs that either don't have air control or go from tight draw to airy draw with little effective adjustment in between.

3. 360 degree airflow.

With all the creative minds out there and people coming up with new and innovative coil builds almost daily, people were going to experiment and many combos were possible, some junk, some great (personally, I dont' think we've even seen the best, I've been playing with some vertical wick coil designs that are very promising and some dual coil Ophion builds that just bellow vapor)

I do apologize that I haven't taken the time to do up some user videos of the builds that do work and work well and I will do my best to get those up as soon as possible so people aren't just thrown a shovel and asked to dig. I failed on that part and will do better.

I'm assuming you got your Strata from Lisa? If so, I'm sending her out some replacement tips with the bigger bottom hole too.

Last edited:

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I do apologize that I haven't taken the time to do up some user videos of the builds that do work and work well and I will do my best to get those up as soon as possible so people aren't just thrown a shovel and asked to dig

in all honesty mate, i think you really would be doing yourself and your customers a huge favour by making some quick vids to show your recommendations regarding setups and so people can see it in action as intended from the guy who actually designed it.

normally when a new atomiser appears on the market you can go onto YouTube and find approximately 1 gazillion videos of people showing off their builds and preferred setups, but i can't find a single build video covering the Strata which kinda goes to show that people must be having limited results

so a video from your good self would be fantastic :)

don't get me wrong, i love experimenting with setups etc as much as the next guy, but if you tell us that you have made something so unique that it will throw everything we already know about RDA's out of the window then you need to demonstrate and back it up (i mean that in a positive way, I'm not having a dig i promise)

I'm assuming you got your Strata from Lisa? If so, I'm sending her out some replacement tips with the bigger bottom hole too.

i purchased my Strata (along with a Precise Simplicity) from Cloud9Vaping

cheers

scott

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
  • Deleted by forcedfuel50
  • Reason: Making false, inflammatory accusations

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I don't want an atty with "potential"

I want an atty that ....ing works.

Period.

Especially because of the ridiculous waiting times, and what seems like, by all accounts a total waste of everyone's time..

Why not design an atomiser that works? I don't even know what half those coils are that people are making. I'd rather not blow my face off if it's all the same to you.

This is just a big con. An atomiser made by someone with no sense...

Let's just wait for people to get injuries from trying to set this thing up as "suggested"... Although there ARE NO SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO SET THIS UP SAFELY...

Totally irresponsible. It should be recalled. Redesigned. Or just give people their money back. It's dangerous... This sort of atomiser is not safe. People will hurt themselves trying to get it to work. I don't even know what those "recommended" coils are... I most certainly won't be trying any of them. They look irresponsible and literally are asking for trouble...

Especially encouraging people to go sub-ohm on an 18350 battery. Which, incidentally many Simplicities are as standard....

COME ON..... This atomiser is not suitable for sub-ohm vaping on 18350s with those coils that have been shown. That people are even recommending them is downright negligent... It's been designed by someone with no clue as to what you can and can't achieve with the batteries it should have been designed for.

People will get hurt trying to get a good vape from this thing... Seriously. I'm not joking.

Come on... This is just stupid, people. What's happened here is an atomiser has been designed by a company a lot of people trust. But actually. It DOESN'T WORK. IT'S NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE...

You don't go below 0.8 ohm on an 18350... It's stupid. Dangerous. That nobody really knows how to set this up properly just goes to show that it's a DUFF ATOMISER... It's not innovative. It doesn't have potential. It simply doesn't work as it should. For a number of reasons.

No. It's not about experimenting with setups on an 18350 battery. It's not about pissing about with potentially dangerous coils.

That's kinda like trying to find a live stick of dynamite with a match.
It's possible that you may be getting just a lil' bit hysterical prior to even getting the thing. It's an atomizer, not a portable nuclear power plant... if you hate it I'm sure someone will take it off your hands in about 5 minutes, or you can just return it.

Just sayin'

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
  • Reason: Making false, inflammatory accusations

duke916

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Perth Western Australia
I have ordered 4 of these atomizers and waited around 5 months to receive them. I have to say my confidence in the product is starting to diminish really quickly. There are an awful lot of negative experiences being reported. Such as the strata not fitting on the P+ models as intended and needing an extra post that will be supplied by Super T. While the post will be sent free, it is not however rhodium coated, which to me is one of the main benefits of having a P+. Then there is the issue of people suffering with shorts on the atomizers and struggling to make them work. Scott is not the only person here to have reported the issue.
Considering cancelling the strata orders for the ela at this point, but would like to wait to try the atomizer myself before making that descision. My thoughts at the moment are if someone like Scott can't get it to work properly then I probably don't stand too much chance of making it work myself. :( Would like some reassurance from Super T that my faith in their products is not misplaced.

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
  • Reason: Making false and inflammatory comments

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Asha, I think you're being a bit on the over-reactive side.

Everyone, truth be told, I'm waiting to recieve my Simplicity 18650 before I do any further testing on the Ophion Coil and to complete the write-up and tutorial on how to build it properly. And safely, of course. I've been waiting 5 weeks now for the 650, so it is long over due as Path made clear. I'm hoping to have at least the photos and some text prepared tomorrow on my day off work.

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
  • Reason: Trolling

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London

Danielsuzuki

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Katy, Texas
My first build was approx 1.2 ohms total on a dual micro coil 30 ga wire, cotton wicks.

Feels to me like a super smooth 306.
Next il try dual 28 ga macro coil with 3mm ekowool.
Lastly I'll try a snork wrap with 24 ga and 3mm ekowool.

Will report back gang.

edit: I still haven't gotten my 18500, but I couldn't wait.
So I rigged up a little something.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
All the things I've tried that I've seen people rave about. The atomizers du jour. I'll say it again - the Strata has beaten them all. I mean all. Of course this is me talking, my criteria for an excellent vape is probably different from most. I have a difficult time understanding what could be causing consternation, the release version Strata has won my heart with no struggles, no special fancy build, no time spent.

Why?

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
I'm got my Strata now (I bought it from Cloud 9 in the UK). I'm a bit "old school" and not a cloud chaser, so I coiled my Strata with a simple single 1.5ohm coil (I removed one post) at the end of a length of Voodoo wool which I then ran into each well. I'm very pleased with the result - good vapour (not massive but similar to my Luxe RDA) with excellent flavour and remarkable hit. When I recoil I'll post a picture.

As yet I've had no shorts by the way

Last edited:

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
i have now experimented with many different types of coils and set the air flow in just about every conceivable position but i still cannot understand how some people are getting anything other than a thin wispy vapour....simply because the air flow does not pass directly over the coils

i literally have been taking a drag, moving the air flow a tiny amount, take a drag, move, take a drag, move, take a drag, move, rinse and repeat......it changes it from poor thin and wispy vapour to a slightly increased amount of poor thin and wispy vapour

i have also experimented extensively with the position of the coil(s) too (higher, lower, in, out, shake it all about etc etc)

the most basic principle of an atomiser is to have air flow passing directly over the coils.....if it doesn't pass directly over the coils then you will never get a decent vape out of it and no amount of sales patter will change that fact. and i must stress that I'm not in any way whatsoever expecting or even hoping for "clouds", i just want a regular decent vape that isn't thin, wispy and makes your throat feel as though its sucking on a cactus

i have now also tried one of those bizarre coils that in theory should offer a "360 degree vape" and take advantage of the air hole placement:-

coil looking good and lighting up evenly

packed out evenly with cotton wool, ensuring the cotton wool is fully in contact with all points of the coil

looking positive with plenty of vapour

put the top cap on, spend 30 minutes twisting and adjusting the air hole position.......makes no difference, still vapes like a Genesis atomiser which has the air hole facing away from the wick :(

i have just done a quick photoshop of what i believe needs to be done in order for the Strata to work as intended:-

the 360 degree air flow will still be in use but the air flow would now pass directly over the coils......this in my opinion would make the Strata perform infinitely better and people would get excellent results far easily with just about any setup they choose to use, simply because air flow would now pass directly over the coil

only downside would be the lack of AFC but personally i can live without that and would happily exchange the AFC for a decent vape

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
i have now experimented with many different types of coils and set the air flow in just about every conceivable position but i still cannot understand how some people are getting anything other than a thin wispy vapour....simply because the air flow does not pass directly over the coils

i literally have been taking a drag, moving the air flow a tiny amount, take a drag, move, take a drag, move, take a drag, move, rinse and repeat......it changes it from poor thin and wispy vapour to a slightly increased amount of poor thin and wispy vapour

i have also experimented extensively with the position of the coil(s) too (higher, lower, in, out, shake it all about etc etc)

the most basic principle of an atomiser is to have air flow passing directly over the coils.....if it doesn't pass directly over the coils then you will never get a decent vape out of it and no amount of sales patter will change that fact. and i must stress that I'm not in any way whatsoever expecting or even hoping for "clouds", i just want a regular decent vape that isn't thin, wispy and makes your throat feel as though its sucking on a cactus

i have now also tried one of those bizarre coils that in theory should offer a "360 degree vape" and take advantage of the air hole placement:-

coil looking good and lighting up evenly

packed out evenly with cotton wool, ensuring the cotton wool is fully in contact with all points of the coil

looking positive with plenty of vapour

put the top cap on, spend 30 minutes twisting and adjusting the air hole position.......makes no difference, still vapes like a Genesis atomiser which has the air hole facing away from the wick :(

i have just done a quick photoshop of what i believe needs to be done in order for the Strata to work as intended:-

the 360 degree air flow will still be in use but the air flow would now pass directly over the coils......this in my opinion would make the Strata perform infinitely better and people would get excellent results far easily with just about any setup they choose to use, simply because air flow would now pass directly over the coil

only downside would be the lack of AFC but personally i can live without that and would happily exchange the AFC for a decent vape

In all due respect, you misunderstand how the Strata works, your photoshop illustrates this. It does come out the side, it doesn't come out the bottom like it appears, the strata has a right angle ledge under those holes, the air has to make a turn and come out the side just like any side entrance coil, so it can and does flow over the coils just the same as any side entrance coil. On your Ophion coil, I don't know why you wouldn't be getting clouds of vapor like I and others have, but from the one pic, I can say move the coil out closer to the walls and move it up a bit, if you've already tried that, then I have no answers why it works for others but not you, however, I will do up detailed tutorials on how to make the coils we are having success with so that may help you and others out.

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I want an atty that ....ing works.

Period.

Why not design an atomiser that works? I don't even know what half those coils are that people are making. I'd rather not blow my face off if it's all the same to you.

Need I mention Raqball. Who originally said that this atty didn't work very well... Then got kicked off the beta test team?

In all due respect, it does work and work extremely well, but if you are not willing to step out of your comfort zone and build these new coils, then it's not for you. I'm not going to debate with someone who doesn't even own one yet and just wants to throw the same old builds in they are used to and then say it doesn't work. You're right, it won't work if that's what you want to do. Also, "blow your face off"?, please, no one is going to "blow their face" off, throwing out alarmist crap like that to scare people is unnecessary and this conversation is over with you, please move along.

Also, your agenda is showing, Raqball didn't get "kicked" off the beta team, he voluntarily withdrew himself because he wanted to leave the forums due to conflicts he was having with other Super T posters, not anything related to the Strata.

For those who aren't scared off by something new and innovative and willing to try these new coils, stay tuned, i'll be doing up some complete tuturials with several builds I've done that work awesome.

Last edited:

TheToxic_jon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
SoCal
mine works great guys, learn to build.
then i line up the air holes.
this atty doesnt vape like a feking patriot. it's a unique vape. you may have to drop your nic even more then normal
1780145_232468183612489_214654469_o.jpg

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Raqball didn't get "kicked" off the beta team, he voluntarily withdrew himself because he wanted to leave the forums due to conflicts he was having with other Super T posters, not anything related to the Strata.

I really have NO interest in this BUT...

David is correct... I was not kicked out of the Strata testing. I removed myself for what was exactly some of the reasons that David mentioned.

I won't get into the Strata because I bailed out before the revised version was released and I don't have the final version to comment on..

Ok, I am back outta here.. I was told I was mentioned here and figured I'd respond..

Oh.... A super duper HOWDY to 98% of you Super T peeps! :)

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

David is correct... I was not kicked out of the Strata testing. I removed myself for what was exactly some of the reasons that David mentioned.

I won't get into the Strata because I bailed out before the revised version was released and I don't have the final version to comment on..

Ok, I am back outta here.. I was told I was mentioned here and figured I'd respond..

Thanks for clarifying Raqball. I hope you are well!

It just goes to show me when people start lying and making up claims, they have a desperate agenda. Maybe they see it as a threat to their beloved RDA/RBA, who knows, maybe they want payback for the long wait (we see that a lot). 5 years on this forum now and nothing surprises me anymore...

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO

And thanks to you! During testing you were the most vocal, the largest contributor, the person who saw the most beyond and above. It was a trip watching you use, abuse, and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread