PREMIERING! The Vision Xfir E-Flare Variable Voltage Self/Bottom Feeding 18650/18350 - All 304 Stainless with Decorative Black/Stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to correct myself. The coils did not burn out, although one is burnt pretty good. There seems to be a problem (with both my units anyway), with the positive power connection, below the coil. All of my coils seemed to work for about a week, then just stop working. I would put in a new coil and have to fiddle with it a bit to get it going and it would work fine, for a week or so. After my last post, my forth coil stopped working, panic! I broke out the trusty multimeter and checked the coils. All of them were fine! I checked the voltage from the E Flare and it was good. While checking the voltage, I noticed the power connection post in the unit moved when I put the test lead in. So I just used the lead to slightly pull the post up a bit, screwed in a coil and bingo! Its working again! Maybe this is an isolated issue, I don't know. Maybe it's the juice I am using. If anyone has had issues, please let us know.

OK, I killed my first E-Flare. Right from brand new, I had problems getting this one to fire. First I thought it was coil problems, then I thought it was the power post getting pushed down too much from over tightening the coil. Now I think there may have been a wiring problem in the switch. In any case it's dead now. Warning... do not rotate the slotted power post in the unit. There is a soldered wire connected to it that will twist and break if you do.
Pic1.jpg Pic2.jpg Pic3.jpg Pic4.jpg
My second unit is still working good. Hopefully it hangs in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread