aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well Hillary and Donald,so long it's been good to know ya,
so long it's been good to know ya,SOOOH LOOONG! it's been
good to know ya but, I got to be vaping along.
:vapor:
Mike

You have just officially dropped my personally favorite post of 2016, Mike. Thank you for that.

Dave

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
There's just one teeny weeny problem with all this. Unless Johnson rises in the polls, he's a non-starter as he'll never get the national exposure he needs to make a serious bid for the White House.

The media has pretty much ignored him from the start as they concentrate on trying to discredit Trump and get Hillary elected to the Oval Office. Both of the major parties remember what happened when Perot, Nader, etc. ran and siphoned votes off their candidates. They'll attempt every dirty trick in the book to prevent that from happening again.

And when even the NYT publishes opinion pieces such as this: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/27/opinion/in-a-tight-race-every-party-matters.html?_r=0 it's highly unlikely that Johnson will get even close to a fair shake over the next few weeks.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
There's just one teeny weeny problem with all this. Unless Johnson rises in the polls, he's a non-starter as he'll never get the national exposure he needs to make a serious bid for the White House.
But he's been skimming some of Hillary's voters - which helps Trump. Of course that was until Trump's little "oops" audio released yesterday.

Reactions: Foggy Road

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
But he's been skimming some of Hillary's voters - which helps Trump. Of course that was until Trump's little "oops" audio released yesterday.

Yeah... It's pretty much Over for Donald.

And I think about the Only Person who doesn't understand this is Trump.

Reactions: KODIAK (TM)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Many (including yours truly), have said that before. :)

Oh I Didn't think Chances were good that somehow Trump could go an entire 3 Days without Saying something Stupid. Or getting on that Damn Phone of his and acting like a Fourteen Year Old Child. But he still had a Chance.

But this Latest is pretty much the Last Nail in the Coffin.

If it wasn't for Scalia's (and Ginsburg's) seat on the Supreme Court, I could almost Laugh this Entire Flaming Train Wreck of an election off. But what happens on Nov. 8th is going to have Very Far Reaching Implications.

Reactions: B2L and DC2

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Extracted from an article in this weekend's edition of WSJ >

You can also draw a plausible Electoral College map that has Mr. Johnson taking New Mexico’s five electoral votes, leaving Mrs. Clinton with 267 and Mr. Trump with 266, which means a sub-270-vote deadlock that transfers the presidency to a vote of the House of Representatives. If Mr. Johnson is somehow dealt this royal flush, or his presence manages to flip otherwise reliable states, he could become 2016’s most intriguing variable.

Reactions: Katdarling

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
When Hilary Clinton wins, everything is over.

The Supreme Court will be fully transformed into a true Kangaroo Court.
There will be nothing left to stop the Rights Takers from taking all we have left.

America will be the new Europe, which thrills the "progressives" in New York and San Francisco.
Thank God I have no children.

I'd vote for a monkey before I'd vote for Hilary Clinton.
Heck, I'd vote for a ball of ear wax if that was my only other choice.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

There will be nothing left to stop the Rights Takers from taking all we have left.

America will be the new Europe, which thrills the "progressives" in New York and San Francisco.

I can only hope & pray that everything, starting with your very first sentence, turns out to be incorrect.

Of course, if the first sentence come true, the rest will surely follow. :-(

If Earwax Ball ends up on my ballot, it would definitely be my 2nd choice. 1st, any other year.

No, I got a postcard in the mail that said that, and you can believe me when I say that! :lol:

Well, if it's on a postcard... :thumbs::laugh:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
If it wasn't for Scalia's (and Ginsburg's) seat on the Supreme Court, I could almost Laugh this Entire Flaming Train Wreck of an election off. But what happens on Nov. 8th is going to have Very Far Reaching Implications.

These two posts sum up everything I've been thinking (election wise). I'd love to vote Libertarian if not for this. The Second Amendment will be the first (next) domino to fall, once that's in place, well...

I've got kids, and grandkids. It terrifies me to think of the "America" they will inherit.

Monkey/Earwax 2016 is sounding better and better :(

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
I didn't know that Gary Johnson was pro vaping, but it would make sense since he was pro weed.

I didn't pay much attention to him anyways, because he was a protest candidate that had no chance of winning. Yeah, I know stating the obvious.

He had a couple of townhalls though. So I'm wondering....Was the topic of vaping ever mentioned from Gary during his campaign where he was actually heard? Because if the issue doesn't even come up, it gets no coverage and is pretty much useless. All I remember about Gary was the Aleppo moment, and when he couldn't name a world leader he admired.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's Funny to go Back and Read what has been Posted in the Past.

Yeah... It's pretty much Over for Donald.

And I think about the Only Person who doesn't understand this is Trump.

Oh I Didn't think Chances were good that somehow Trump could go an entire 3 Days without Saying something Stupid. Or getting on that Damn Phone of his and acting like a Fourteen Year Old Child. But he still had a Chance.

But this Latest is pretty much the Last Nail in the Coffin.

Whoda Thunk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread