Price of liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCWDragon

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
I personally buy my e-juice online, for me I spend about $40 on 100ml and that lasts me a month. While DIY interests me, and while I too like saving money, I still prefer to buy online.

1. I have small kids in my house and the DIY + small kids can = bad bad times.
2. Time... I don't have a lot of spare time and what I do I prefer to spend with my kids.
3. $40 a month is a whole lot cheaper then the analogs.

I quit smoking to have more time with my kids in the long run, the money I save is a bonus but not the reason.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
I have spoiled myself with flavors that are multi layered and complex, It would take me many tries to mix up some white rabbit, quiet morning, or lemon loves cake...each of those have at least 4 layers of flavor, Funny story a friend that does DIY for themselves decided my Quiet Morning was a simple green tea with passion fruit ...and tried 9 separate attempts with different flavorings/levels/bases...in am attempt to duplicate it as he did not want to pay for the love/magic in my bottle...he spent more on flavoring /supplies than a bottle would cost ....he found something he can vape but it is nothing like my quiet morning. He also came up with a lemon cake he can vape happily...and it is not a bad cake...but it is the difference between a mass produced pound cake with canned icing and a homemade lemon cake with homemade lemon glaze....He did make me up a nice fruit mix of dragonfuit/pineapple/raspberry/coconut creme as a gift that I do like an however, and A wonderful Earl Grey tea with just the correct amount of cream and sugar......I will gladly pay him for more of those flavors....yes he would gladly give me exact DIY levels for the fruit and teas he created for me but I would still prefer to say can you mix me up 30ML of each and hand him a $20(that I have to force him to take) so he can buy more flavors/supplies and enjoy his hobby :)

^That^ and Zombie Apocalypse, if I knew what was in the mix, I would be DIY-ing in a flash! Heck, I'd drive out on State Land with all my needed supplies and mix in the bed of the truck!!!! Yes, I'd have to take extreme measures but it'd worth it!!!:lol:

But seriously, I've been a lurker for a few months over on the DIY forum, and when I get it together, I will certainly be DIY-ing. Hoping by January, when it's too cold to do anything outside, I can set something up, go outside to cut the % of the nic juice, and get the pg/vg ratio all together in smaller bottles, bring it in and let the "Mad Scientist" in me go to work!:)

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
^That^ and Zombie Apocalypse, if I knew what was in the mix, I would be DIY-ing in a flash! Heck, I'd drive out on State Land with all my needed supplies and mix in the bed of the truck!!!! Yes, I'd have to take extreme measures but it'd worth it!!!:lol:

But seriously, I've been a lurker for a few months over on the DIY forum, and when I get it together, I will certainly be DIY-ing. Hoping by January, when it's too cold to do anything outside, I can set something up, go outside to cut the % of the nic juice, and get the pg/vg ratio all together in smaller bottles, bring it in and let the "Mad Scientist" in me go to work!:)

NiNi, I lurk over on the DIY threads too and want so badly to try the amber dragon, and a patchouli vanilla someone shared....I may need to visit my DIY friend after ordering some flavors and play mad scientist myself (in his garage). Still way Leary of having the supplies(nic mainly) in my tiny place with all the grand kidos and animals getting into everything. :) and yes Zombie Apocalypse is another of my favorites

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
My only regret is that I have but one Like to give the above-quoted post. :)

You don't just order a bottle of pure nicotine, stir in some flavors, and voila! Factoring in steep times, it'll probably take weeks before you can even begin to assess whether what you've produced is worthwhile.

Actually, it is exactly just that easy to mix it and you can vape it immediatly with many of these recipies here in these forums.

As a fairly new DIY er, The beauty of this is that all of this info is right here in the DIY forums. The recipies are here. These nice members give them to us ! I have over 250 recipies that I have copied and have mixed several of them (maybe 16 or so).....and so good so far.

There is an E Juice calculator here in these forums that make it so easy to write in your recipies (or the ones given to you here in the forums) and hit a button and viola .... 5 mls of this, 2 mls of that, 4.5 mls of the other, shake, hot water bath, shake..BAM..you vaping.

ANYWAY.. Sorry..getting carried away. But you get the picture... Its easy with the recipies given to you.

To answer the OP as to why more people dont do it.... its probably just convenience. And as many of you have said, the money is no biggie compared to what your spent smoking.

I was kinda forced into DIY by my own dissapointment in ordering so much hit and miss crap with perfumy tastes and the answer was always.."needs to steep for a few weeks".... well Ive found out thats horsepucky for the most part. The juices I love need no steeping and the ones that do need maybe 3 to 4 days (complex flavors with tobaccos/some cremes and the like. You use the best ingredients and the right mix and it doesnt get any better . I wont name names of venders here, but the biggest venders have made me go to DIY....and Man how it has paid off.

Last edited:

yourBuddy

Sep 29, 2013
Colorado
Unfortunately there aren't any vape shops near where I live so I shop almost exclusively online and have found that Mt. Baker Vapor has the best prices, $5.99 for 15ml, and even lower for larger bottles. I really like that they will mix custom flavors for you for only a dollar more. I ordered a few custom flavors last week. One of them is great with no steeping, the others seem ok, but will hopefully get better with time.

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA

You should drive out into the desert in a RV with a bullet hole in the door, and mix up some light blue juice. ;)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I just ordered my first supply for DIY juice. Ordered about 10 flavor extracts, 500ml of nic, vg based, 250ml of pg, a 500ml & 250ml mixing flasks, several different size syringes for measuring couple different size of blunt nose needles, came to $50. by my calculations that works out to $.066 per ml, that's with the equipment. that's like $6.67 for 100ml bottle of juice. then the next time I order, since I have the mix and measure lab gear already, it will be around $4 for 100ml. Yeah baby, I'm juiced to start DIY juicing.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Personally I started vaping because smoking had become just too expensive.

Head over to the DIY section on ECF. you can make juice cheap.

My personal price point for vendor juice is about $10-15 for 30ml, and only if it is something I can't make myself

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I vape NET liquids, Naturally Extracted Tobacco. There is no way that I could get the same deliciousness on my own. Even before I found the NET's, I had/have no desire to dabble in DIY because: 1) I don't want to have all the stuff in my house for DIY, 2) I don't want to take the time to learn about that.

Even without going the DIY route, I have saved over $1,360.00. That figure should climb rapidly now that I'm settled with my PV's and delivery system. I don't even get into rebuilding my coils. It just is not something I'm interested in getting into.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
I wouldn't mind DIY, but for a couple of things

1. Time. It seems like all of this experimenting to find the perfect mix, the right ingredients, etc, takes time I don't have.
2. I like really complex, unusual juices. I feel like I'd probably spend more money experimenting than just buying it from vendors.

I might still try it in the future if and when my other evening and weekend activities free up a bit.

phxwench

Sep 1, 2013
USA
I have two local smoke shops that aren't real close to my house to go to for vaping juice. One only carries a single tobacco and menthol flavor...so I went to the other shop and they had about five fruit flavors, a chocolate, and the same tobacco and menthol the first shop does. Come to find out they're both owned by the same people, go figure. They only have 10 ml bottles available and they're all 6.99 each. They didn't seem real interested in getting more of a variety of flavors according to the old crone I asked. So I resort to DIY because I wanted a lot more variety on flavors at a lot cheaper cost after getting my bulk supplies together. I also like the challenge of coming up with some yummy flavors, sometimes by accident. It's actually fun when you get into it, so I whip up a few batches on the weekend while I'm watching TV. But even if I didn't DIY, I've saved thousands alone just not buying ciggies anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread