Printed DNA 40 Bottom Feeder Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Jun 2, 2014
Toronto
It might be the board, but my GDNA keep resetting, some times the screen just cuts out. Week battery keeps coming up alot too.

Any directions what i need to tweat? Do the little mini connectors corrode? Do the battery contacts require constant tweaking? (using Samsung 25r's and VTC4's)

I don't mind pulling it all apart again, but i just want to know which direction to head in :)

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
It might be the board, but my GDNA keep resetting, some times the screen just cuts out. Week battery keeps coming up alot too.

Any directions what i need to tweat? Do the little mini connectors corrode? Do the battery contacts require constant tweaking? (using Samsung 25r's and VTC4's)

I don't mind pulling it all apart again, but i just want to know which direction to head in :)

Possibly the mini connectors need cleaned if eliquid seeped in them. I had one break one time. Look close there is a thin springy leaf that makes the connection. Make sure one of them isn't missing.

2015-11-10%2018.13.39_zpsynmuxflh.jpg

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
Also: The bottom battery contact can get bent down over time (or very quickly in a drop that lands the right way). Bend it back up and install some kind of buffer under it to prevent recurrence.

50hdajm.jpg
also, I've had the bottom bat contact need cleaning. The unit wouldn't come on, I used a q-tip with alcohol in some needle nose pliers, cleaned it good, and back in business. Wow, it's been a while since I was on this thread!

TyCreek

Another Vaper
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Treasure Valley
Well it's been a while since I've been able to get some garage time in! Got a dysfunctional gdna in trade and thought I'd bump forward this old thread with a GDNA rebuild. The switch was bad, magnets had too much gap, hobby connectors in the body pushed in and black wire in the top was a bit mangled.

Everything stripped down using acetone. The former clear coat was thick!
Q6PTExW.jpg

Since it was a blue sort of dye I opted for some blue gun paint after tuning the parts for a better fit.
Y6LJdzK.jpg

Put it all back together... wires, connectors, switches and 2 magnets replaced with new parts. I added SS feeder tube and a painted air ring just because.
Ct7MZC0.jpg

I've never had one of my GDNAs fail after getting past the early faulty DNA40 boards, but if one does it's nice to have a backup!
UWnmT9f.jpg

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
Well it's been a while since I've been able to get some garage time in! Got a dysfunctional gdna in trade and thought I'd bump forward this old thread with a GDNA rebuild. The switch was bad, magnets had too much gap, hobby connectors in the body pushed in and black wire in the top was a bit mangled.

Everything stripped down using acetone. The former clear coat was thick!
Q6PTExW.jpg

Since it was a blue sort of dye I opted for some blue gun paint after tuning the parts for a better fit.
Y6LJdzK.jpg

Put it all back together... wires, connectors, switches and 2 magnets replaced with new parts. I added SS feeder tube and a painted air ring just because.
Ct7MZC0.jpg

I've never had one of my GDNAs fail after getting past the early faulty DNA40 boards, but if one does it's nice to have a backup!
UWnmT9f.jpg
WOW, you do nice work.

TyCreek

Another Vaper
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Treasure Valley
Thanks Vince ...

Nope, I missed the fancy bottles :( oh well, the vapage 9mls have been working fine this last year or so. I did think about ordering some when I saw possum's closed offering but I like my current bottle system tooled into them currently and have been playing with other things. A few DNA200s have occupied a bit of my vape time, though the GDNA40 BF mods with Ni200 are still my daily choice for consistent no fuss use.

Hi Mackman, I've still not swapped my Tibs chip to a DNA40... mostly because other TC mods keep knocking it down on my what to do next list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread